Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone have any fears that if Danny has more games like tonight, that someone (probably Spurs or Villa) will slap in a £5m bid?

I really want him here.  Would happily see Smith, Barton, Butt or Nolan go, but I want us to keep Guthrie.

Good point. I hope he's dogshit next match.

anyone have any fears that if Danny has more games like tonight, that someone (probably Spurs or Villa) will slap in a £5m bid?

I really want him here.  Would happily see Smith, Barton, Butt or Nolan go, but I want us to keep Guthrie.

Aye the worse he plays, the more chance of keeping him. :thup:

/Actually sod that, I'll be livid if Hughton doesn't drop him just to protect our asset.

Ashley would probably be short sighted and see this as a quick profit maker and that we can just go and splash another £1.5m and find another Guthrie with ease.

Ashley would probably be short sighted and see this as a quick profit maker and that we can just go and splash another £1.5m and find another Guthrie with ease.

I wouldn't get too worked up at that prospect just yet.

Aye, cos Asley has proven this season that he he is all up for asset stripping our better players for the sake of the balance sheet.

Aye, cos Asley has proven this season that he he is all up for asset stripping our better players for the sake of the balance sheet.

Of course he has.  All is forgiven eh? he will never do what he did a year ago again will he.

Tbf, I was saying that with a bit tounge in cheek.  He isn't even linked with anyone yet, I'm just saying it could happen, like.

Guest JamesyJazz

So just how good was Guthrie tonight?I didn't get to listen to the game on radio.

Did he set up any goals?Vision?Positioning?Passing?Seems from what others are saying that the holding central suits him far better than playing on the left midfield where quite frankly he has been dreadful.

Not sure about Barton either,still to show a fraction of his form he displayed at City,I know he carried an injury,and played most of last season,admirable in itself and has been out injured a long time but I wouldn't rush him back into the side at the first chance.

Thought he was average tonight tbf, gave the ball away far too many times & passing was disapointing

was you at the game? I just had here to go by as was listening to Arsenal game on tv in background.  Everyone seemed to think Radio was saying he was playing well.

:undecided:

Thought he was very average tonight. Some of his passing was shocking yet again.

Thats because he is a very average footballer who is bigged up on here for god knows whatever reasons...For a central midfielder his passing,vision and tackling are just abysmal...the lad gives the ball away on far far too many occasions we will be punished big time in the prem if he ever plays

Guest michaelfoster

Thought he was average tonight tbf, gave the ball away far too many times & passing was disapointing

was you at the game? I just had here to go by as was listening to Arsenal game on tv in background.  Everyone seemed to think Radio was saying he was playing well.

:undecided:

Aye i was at the game. I think both Guthrie & Nolan were pretty average tonight, everything came through the middle for Coventry, as i said before Guthrie's passing was pretty poor for a CM, was too easily disposessed & gave the ball away cheap;y on several occasions.

Nolan was fairly quiet too, great cross for the goal though

Guest michaelfoster

I was confident everytime he got the ball. His corners were pretty damn good too.

Guthrie is gash at corners ffs, usually hits the first man

I am definitely not one of Guthrie's biggest fans but thought it was one of his better games tonight. Still dwells on the ball but had a hand in Carroll's goal and also his corners were decent for a change.

Guest JamesyJazz

A bit of a mixed review after reading the comments on here.I have to admit that I would love to see him suddenly transform into a superb dominant holding midfielder spraying pinpoint passes about,breaking up opposition attacks and driving the team on.

Alas,I haven't seen that myself,in fairness every time I've seen him play he's been on the left of midfield and he's been shocking.

Maybe given a run in a central role he will gain confidence and step up a gear.

Thought he was very average tonight. Some of his passing was shocking yet again.

Thats because he is a very average footballer who is bigged up on here for god knows whatever reasons...For a central midfielder his passing,vision and tackling are just abysmal...the lad gives the ball away on far far too many occasions we will be punished big time in the prem if he ever plays

Was bigged up massively on the radio tonight. Both Lowes and Ando reckon it was his best game by miles. Lowes said he 'came of age' tonight.

Some people seems to love to hate him for some reason.

His vision is the best in the team by a fucking mile, not that it's saying much mind. He's also got a good right foot on him and takes a decent set piece. Some people seems to think he should be Xavi by the sound of them sometimes.