SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

O'Leary would be a great appointment. Did a great job at Leeds and nearly took Villa to the CL.

What's Shearer done?

Whoever this is must be on a wind up, every post he makes is either incredibly cringeworthy or shite.

Guest samjack

We just need someone (but not kinnear) in to take charge of the squad & more importantly we need to bring players in before the deadline or we will be right in the shit later on in the year, surely he will spend some cash from all the previous out goings Zog, Milner, Given, Bassong, Beye, Martins.....thats about £40mill plus for god's sake !!!!!! :dave:

Guest The Libertine

O'Leary would be a great appointment. Did a great job at Leeds and nearly took Villa to the CL.

What's Shearer done?

what are your thoughts on joe kinnear?

Guest westamfan

Remember Bobby Robson's interviews where he wasn't afraid to give the other team credit and offered a fair & insightfu analysis on the game.

Well O'Leary is the total opposite.

Shearer made it clear what was needed. Ashley shat it, half heartedly put the club up for sale and if true is gonna appoint another yes man who will do the job with what he's given.

The whole thing is a waste of time and the whole of pre-season has been wasted so Ashley could save money rather than building a squad. Can't believe some idiots have fell for it and would be happy with o'leary.

Hope it's not true.

Well, if it happens, we can get used to post-match conferences of: "Well, to be honest, I'm absolutely delighted with the effort and commitment the players have show....I'm delighted. But nonetheless is disappointing to lose the game which we could easily have won. But as I said I'm delighted with the players."  :sadnod:

In all honesty, I'd feel better with him in charge than Houghton or Kinnear, but if this happens then when the hell will the club get sold? And if it does will the new owners want to keep O'Leary on as manager? I doubt it. I know I wouldn't.

I think we would get by with O'Leary, and with a couple of additions to the squad there could be a chance we could make a push for the play-offs, but I'd much prefer someone like Shearer or Curbishley, tbh.

Overall- I'm disappointed.

Guest Wally_McFool

Sets time machine forward to August 10th 2010 and sees newspapers reporting that Mike Ashley is considering Freddie Shepherds £10million bid to buy Newcastle United.

Sky Sports News understands however that Mike  would prefer not to sell yet in the hope that he can find a buyer who can match the previous £20million bid made by the Steve McMahon led Profitable Group last January that was rejected. The Evening Chronicles's Louise Taylor reports that Ashley is adamant that he will not sell the club or less than £20million.

Interim manager Chris Hughton says that he does not know exactly what is going on but he expects an announcement about the newly relegated to League 1 clubs sale in the next few days. :crazy2:

Sets time machine forward to August 10th 2010 and sees newspapers reporting that Mike Ashley is considering Freddie Shepherds £10million bid to buy Newcastle United.

Sky Sports News understands however that Mike  would prefer not to sell yet in the hope that he can find a buyer who can match the previous £20million bid made by the Steve McMahon led Profitable Group last January that was rejected. The Evening Chronicles's Louise Taylor reports that Ashley is adamant that he will not sell the club or less than £20million.

Interim manager Chris Hughton says that he does not know exactly what is going on but he expects an announcement about the newly relegated League 1 clubs sale in the next few days. :crazy2:

Louise Taylor would never work for the Chronicle! Maybe the Sunderland Echo or Disgruntledbitchthathatesthetoon Times.

Wish I could give a toss, but I've voted neutral.

I'm no fan of O'Leary. I don't want him here anymore than I want Ashley here, but the net effect of the past few weeks has been to leave me feeling rather lackadaisical about what happens next...and truth be told I hate that more than anything else.

Hoping this is just another non-story dreamt up by bored hacks.

Guest marky555

“Bringing Alan Shearer back to Newcastle United was the best decision I have made. Talks are now ongoing between us about how we can take this club forward again.”

..............."so although that was the best decision I have made, what I'm now going to do is put David O'Leary in, instead of Shearer, as this makes perfect sense."

What a fucking disgrace this man is.

hope these are just rumours,.  its bad enough that this turd is staying but to bring in another leeds reject, has he not fucking learn a single thing  that fucking idiot.  I want fucking riots.  :facepalm:

And we know this how sorry?

How else do you explain the quote above? Unless Ashley was lying outright, and he really thought bringing Shearer back was a disasterous mistake.

Guest Heneage

What if Shearer's demands were outlandish? It's clear he'd want a lot of money, and that's before we factor in his wage.

What if Shearer's demands were outlandish? It's clear he'd want a lot of money, and that's before we factor in his wage.

The extra money from ST's and the mood around the club would justify his wage.