SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ehhh Neutral. He's a manager, pretty shite one but better than nothing imo. At the very least it'll mean we can sign some people.

Wait a fucking minute, just thought, if he's willing to sign O'Leary up then why the hell not Shearer? Jesus man. Okay I wish I could change my vote because I'm now fuming.

Ehhh Neutral. He's a manager, pretty shite one but better than nothing imo. At the very least it'll mean we can sign some people.

Wait a fucking minute, just thought, if he's willing to sign O'Leary up then why the hell not Shearer? Jesus man. Okay I wish I could change my vote because I'm now fuming.

O'Leary is cheaper. It's all about spending as little as possible.

Our squad's quality, remember?

God, just when I thought it could get no worse for you, there are the O'Leary rumours.

Just wait until he starts talking you down and telling you you can't compete with the Middlesbroughs and Doncasters of this world.

God, just when I thought it could get no worse for you, there are the O'Leary rumours.

Just wait until he starts talking you down and telling you you can't compete with the Middlesbroughs and Doncasters of this world.

Oooh, that wouldn't go down well. He'd be summoned to London to explain himself.

Oooh, that wouldn't go down well. He'd be summoned to London to explain himself.

Just reading his name in the press today has made me feel rather queasy. I'm going to have to go for a lie down.

O'Leary is cheaper. It's all about spending as little as possible.

Our squad's quality, remember?

This. I'm gutted, not because of DoL, but the fact that Ashley's greed may have once again scuppered any chances of this club moving forwards. DoL is better than what we have at the moment. Should be Shearer, but I'm of the camp that Ashley didn't like what Shearer told him back in May, so the only way Alan will get the job is if Moat's takeover goes through.

Guest Wally_McFool

Its a pity the City of Newcastle cant confiscate the football club from this fucking spanner Ashley and sell it to the highest bidder!

:razz:

One thing is for certain. We cannot continue to drift like we are and have any hope of anything other than a mid or bottom table finish.  It's been being said for weeks that he needs to get this done for the health of our season but these truly are the last days for it.  Even O'Dreary in now would be a marked improvement on kinnear or hughton.

But it wouldn't be enough - I think we'd struggle to make the playoffs.  If Ashley has said he won't put any more money into the club then it doesn't matter who's in.

One thing is for certain. We cannot continue to drift like we are and have any hope of anything other than a mid or bottom table finish.  It's been being said for weeks that he needs to get this done for the health of our season but these truly are the last days for it.  Even O'Dreary in now would be a marked improvement on kinnear or hughton.But it wouldn't be enough - I think we'd struggle to make the playoffs.  If Ashley has said he won't put any more money into the club then it doesn't matter who's in.

I dont believe it would be an improvement at all.

Fuming.

Wouldnt blame O'Dreary, like Kinnear id be jumping on the chance if it was offered, especially when no-one else has offered them a job in 3 years, despite their best efforts.

Absolute joke though. Shearer should have been interim until a buyer was found. Unless like someone said, it was a cheap party trick putting the club on the market, when Ashley actually had no intention to sell.

One thing is for certain. We cannot continue to drift like we are and have any hope of anything other than a mid or bottom table finish.  It's been being said for weeks that he needs to get this done for the health of our season but these truly are the last days for it.  Even O'Dreary in now would be a marked improvement on kinnear or hughton.But it wouldn't be enough - I think we'd struggle to make the playoffs.  If Ashley has said he won't put any more money into the club then it doesn't matter who's in.

I don't see any redeeming qualities in Hughton that suggest he's ready to manage this team to anything but abject failure and humiliation, so I'll assume you're just making a comparison between Kinnear and O'Leary.

For me, Kinnears health is always going to be a problem but more than that I don't think he's that good of a manager.  O'Leary had a lot to spend at Leeds, fine, but not so much at Aston Villa, and I think did well enough for both clubs considering.

Not my first choice by any stretch but in what ways do you feel Kinnear, or, God help me, Hughton is a better manager?

I don't see any redeeming qualities in Hughton that suggest he's ready to manage this team to anything but abject failure and humiliation, so I'll assume you're just making a comparison between Kinnear and O'Leary.

For me, Kinnears health is always going to be a problem but more than that I don't think he's that good of a manager.  O'Leary had a lot to spend at Leeds, fine, but not so much at Aston Villa, and I think did well enough for both clubs considering.

Not my first choice by any stretch but in what ways do you feel Kinnear, or, God help me, Hughton is a better manager?

Isn't he saying O'Leary would be better?

Didn't read that way, but mabye I'm crazy.

Highlighting "Even O'Dreary in now would be a marked improvement on kinnear or hughton" and then saying "I don't believe it would be an improvement at all." would suggest he disagrees.

edit:

Don't want to clutter this page up with more Beartato so I'm editing in that I agree 100%, but if they're the only 3 in the running it has to be him.

vvvvvvvvvv

Obviously O'Leary would be better than Kinnear and Hughton, but thats like having the options of a quick death or two slow painfull ones.

We could surely attract the likes of Strachan or Curbishley or appoint Shearer. I', sure there are a huge amount of managers higher up the food chain than O'Leary.

There is a reason he has been without a job for three years. Despite putting himself in the frame for jobs when they come up.

It's all a smokescreen, just like the Kinnear story was

"Hi Joe, Derek here, do us a favour and tell the stupid journos you've been offered the job, the gullible Geordies will lap it all up, including that geezer Moat who hates your guts, and he'll have to up his price, course when it all comes out we'll deny it and say you've gone gaga, don't worry we'll make it worth your while, if it doesn't work with you we'll say it's David Bleary or whatever the fuck his name is, that'll put the frighteners up the barstards."

Say he comes in on a one-year deal, does well and gets us promoted. Then Ashley tries to sell again and is successful.

Would we want him to stay?

Difficult to say, would depend on if we think he could keep us in the premier league, which at this moment is a no.

Say he comes in on a one-year deal, does well and gets us promoted. Then Ashley tries to sell again and is successful.

You want us to ponder what we would hypothetically think if he hypothetically did well assuming he got the hypothetical job in the first place? Assuming Ashley hypothetically decides to take the club off the market? :cheesy:

O'Leary to stay after that or Ashley to stay now?

O'Leary, assuming Ashley fucked off. I mean, would we place much on him getting us promoted?

You want us to ponder what we would hypothetically think if he hypothetically did well assuming he got the hypothetical job in the first place? Assuming Ashley hypothetically decides to take the club off the market? :cheesy:

Yes. :lol: