Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest Heneage

I'm making my first ever trip to Newcastle and SJP for this match. Cannot f***ing wait!!!

Any suggestions on where to sit (which stand) for a first time experience? I'm looking forward to the atmosphere more than anything else tbh.

Found some tickets in the lower tiers in the Gallowgate, near the corner flag. Any good?

Someone please help  :aww:

Will you be going to the trent before hand?

I'd be up for the trent if there's a general gathering planned.....I've got no mates interested in footy apart from dan b  :weep:

Dan's your mate? I thought you were his carer.  :undecided:

I'm tempted to work the game for the cash like, I think i'll see how I feel.

All the Carroll love is funny considering everyone seemed to hate him less then a week ago.

there was a thread filled with people completely writing him off based on about 5 mins of a game once.

The Man City game, because he didn't close the City defence down quick enough which led to them scoring.... :idiot2:

I'm making my first ever trip to Newcastle and SJP for this match. Cannot f***ing wait!!!

Any suggestions on where to sit (which stand) for a first time experience? I'm looking forward to the atmosphere more than anything else tbh.

Found some tickets in the lower tiers in the Gallowgate, near the corner flag. Any good?

I'd be up for that!! Where is The Trent? Will be traveling up with the lass from manchester saturday morning. Should be in the city by 1 pm the latest.

I'd be up for the trent if there's a general gathering planned.....I've got no mates interested in footy apart from dan b  :weep:

Dan's your mate? I thought you were his carer:undecided:

I'm tempted to work the game for the cash like, I think i'll see how I feel.

;D

No worries just thought there was something planned by forum people.

The midfielders need to get ahead of Carroll for this game.

Mr Shearer is that you?

RUMBLED?!

It's common sense though. If he's intent on just flicking it on, the midfielders need to run off him and look to play almost along side him, if we aren't feeling that confident then Smith needs to hang back and Barton can push forward getting the scraps.

True that.

Smith does well in the holding role so we stick him up front for the next game, despite not scoring in about 70 league games. Keep it coming matey

It may have escaped your notice but Smith originally was a useful forward playing off a big man & hasn't scored for us because: he's been playing in midfield, he's been shit & we have been playing better teams.

If we can get any 2 of Barton/ Guthrie or Butt fit I'd give a go. Neither Shola or Carroll offer a real goal threat and both look for the same type of ball.

We need to sign a goal scorer and in the meantime we need to find something that can work; Shola and Carroll wont.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All the Carroll love is funny considering everyone seemed to hate him less then a week ago.

there was a thread filled with people completely writing him off based on about 5 mins of a game once.

The Man City game, because he didn't close the City defence down quick enough which led to them scoring.... :idiot2:

That's why we never seem to develop any youngsters, cos we're on their backs straight away for the silliest of things :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I wonder how many we get for the game

If no Sale I reckon about 34k

If we get sold 40k+

Either way Sky will show a downbeat montage of the Toon and insert a laughter track when they mention we only have a crowd of 35k, despite the fact every other Championship and (some Premiership clubs) struggle to get an attendance of 20k+.

What about LuaLua up front with Carroll, he was pretty pacey irrc?

Not a striker though.

Kazenga meanwhile should not be confused with a goalscorer, managing just four from 40-odd second string outings - all but one against inferior sides in cup games.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

At the risk of jumping on the band wagon...

Carroll and Nile Ranger in the future would be an interesting partnership.

What about LuaLua up front with Carroll, he was pretty pacey irrc?

Not a striker though.

Kazenga meanwhile should not be confused with a goalscorer, managing just four from 40-odd second string outings - all but one against inferior sides in cup games.

Neither is Duff tbf. I have hardly seen anything of LuaLua though so I'll have to trust you on that.

Guest Heneage

Why not Ranger? He seems quite quick, scored good amount in the ressies? Maybe even give Baheng a go, he's scored a few lately. It's a really sad state of affairs that we are looking towards youngsters but I'm guessing Xisco is AWOL?

Why not Ranger? He seems quite quick, scored good amount in the ressies? Maybe even give Baheng a go, he's scored a few lately. It's a really sad state of affairs that we are looking towards youngsters but I'm guessing Xisco is AWOL?

He was on the bench yesterday.

Guest Heneage

Is it just me that is quite worried with the amount of faith all of our managers have had in Ameobi. Everyone has given him a chance.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is it just me that is quite worried with the amount of faith all of our managers have had in Ameobi. Everyone has given him a chance.

They don't want to anger the Ameobi Mafia thats why!

If we play like we did yesterday then I think we'll win 2-0

Why? We never looked like scoring two goals yesterday, and with this current squad i don't think we'll score two goals in many games tbh.

If Hughton is still here, I think the lineup will be

Krul, but only if harper is still  injured.

R.Taylor

S.Taylor

Coloccini

Enrique

Jonas

Smith

Barton, If Barton doesnt pull any stunts...

Duff

Nolan

Ameobi. Might be Carroll but i dont think Hughton rate him as highly as he rates shola.