Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

My excitement for this match has no turned to utter worry.

- Takeover obv. not happening

- DOL "no longer in contention" awesome, but that means Kinnear.

- KINNEAR.

- Tayls may be sold

- KINNEAR.

No Duff in the side so I guess Simpson comes in and Ryan Taylor is moved up?

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

I hate to say this but Damien Duff was one of our best players. We are significantly weakened without him.

No way will Lua Lua play. Simpson has not been brought here to sit on the bench. Team just about picks itself again:

---------------------Harper-------------------

Simpson----Taylor-----Coloccini-----Enrique

R.Taylor----Nolan------Smith-------Jonas

-------------Ameobi----Carroll---------------

The only other thing I can see maybe happening is Barton in for one of the strikers.

Maybe this is the chance to clean house, now that we are in the s*** it's way easier to get rid of the dead meat.

What our definition of dead meat and whats not towards Ashley and his crew could be different though.

You could look at it that way... Honestly I'd bite Hodgson's hand off for 4m if we weren't in the state we're in now.

But we all KNOW that there is going to be no replacement if Duff goes out the door. We really can't afford to sell any of our players, no matter how overpaid and past their best they might be.

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

I hate to say this but Damien Duff was one of our best players. We are significantly weakened without him.

Significantly?  Hardly, he did nowt against West Brom except score a goal that was set up on a plate for him.  Kazenga will at least do more in the other 89m of the match and actually, dare I say it, create a chance for a striker.

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

Significantly?  Hardly, he did nowt against West Brom except score a goal that was set up on a plate for him.  Kazenga will at least do more in the other 89m of the match and actually, dare I say it, create a chance for a striker.

Kazenga is bright and he's got a good future hopefully.. But Duff is a better player at the moment. It would be the best for Lua Lua if he's eased into the first team this season behind a couple experienced players.

Besides, if we sell him we literally have no backup on the wings. None.

Maybe this is the chance to clean house, now that we are in the s*** it's way easier to get rid of the dead meat.

What our definition of dead meat and whats not towards Ashley and his crew could be different though.

You could look at it that way... Honestly I'd bite Hodgson's hand off for 4m if we weren't in the state we're in now.

But we all KNOW that there is going to be no replacement if Duff goes out the door. We really can't afford to sell any of our players, no matter how overpaid and past their best they might be.

Apparently nobody was ever going to come in, yet we signed someone today.  So how do you know there won't be a replacement?

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

Kazenga is bright and he's got a good future hopefully.. But Duff is a better player at the moment. It would be the best for Lua Lua if he's eased into the first team this season behind a couple experienced players.

Besides, if we sell him we literally have no backup on the wings. None.

I'll admit the lack of back-up is a problem the worst thing is losing bodies not who they are.

Was a canny queue at the box ofice today, still selling tickets I was shocked, even some buying season tickets

It's the first home game of the season, people will want to show despite the Cockney cancer at the heart of the club.

Should be as below...

Krul

Simpson  STaylor  Kadar  Enrique

Lua Lua          Smith        RTaylor

Jonas

Xisco/Nile  Carroll

45,000 there tomorrow,,,

You just know that if, somehow, we managed to get about 43,000 there tomorrow, the media would bang on relentlessly about the 9,000 empty seats rather than the biggest attendance seen in the CCC for years and years.  :rolleyes: