Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest ObaStar

Think its very easy to optimistically overestimate the abilities of kids we havent seen play much for the senior team & pretend theyre single handedly going to change how great our side is.

Chopra

Shola

Fucking awful team.

may be all we have

Hmm i know. I still think Jonas and Duff will play though. It'll probably be the same team that played West Brom, only with maybe Barton playing.

Fucking awful team.

may be all we have

Hmm i know. I still think Jonas and Duff will play though. It'll probably be the same team that played West Brom, only with maybe Barton playing.

Jonas maybe Duff no way

Harper

R.Taylor  Taylor  Colo Enrique

Jonas  Smith    Barton  Nolan

Ameobi    Carroll

Is what I think it will be now. Shit really :(

Think its very easy to optimistically overestimate the abilities of kids we havent seen play much for the senior team & pretend theyre single handedly going to change how great our side is.

Our problem going fowards is our central midfield has no creativity (unless barton actually manages a full game) & our fowards movement is useless. Its likely theyll end up looking just as useless as duff or Guti, except be more inexperienced at the same time. When the men in the middle are easy to read and slow as hell, it becomes much easier to mark wingers out of it.

Very good point. Milner looked hopeless in our team but his crosses look far more effective at Villa and for England because there's team mates arriving in the box.

Our problem going fowards is our central midfield has no creativity (unless barton actually manages a full game) & our fowards movement is useless. Its likely theyll end up looking just as useless as duff or Guti, except be more inexperienced at the same time. When the men in the middle are easy to read and slow as hell, it becomes much easier to mark wingers out of it.

Very good point. Milner looked hopeless in our team but his crosses look far more effective at Villa and for England because there's team mates arriving in the box.

But most of the time his poor crossing was down to his inability to beat the first man, or to just lob across a meek lofted ball that the keeper could quite easily get hold of.

Harper

Raylor Saylor Colo Jose

Lua Barton Smith Jonas

Carroll Shola(hopefully Ranger) 

This. Really do think we should give Ranger his shot at this level, maybe not start him but definately give him a shot at some stage, with Carroll picking off and balls over the top I would feel a lot more confident with a striker like Ranger on the receiving end rather than Shambles. Lua Lua looks like he's got some nouse about him too. If he's available though I'd definately put Duff in the team, but it looks like he's traveling up to London this weekend, so probably won't be available.

Guest Roger Kint

Why are people not including Simpson in their teams? Fergie wouldn't have let him go if he wasn't gonna be a first choice.

He is out of contract in June, Fergie couldnt give a rats chuff in all honesty

We all know Hughton will pick the team based on reputation and career history rather than form/ability/attitude/talent

If Duff is "injured":

Harper

Raylor   Saylor   Colo   Jose

Barton  Nolan  Smith  Jonas

Carroll   Ameobi

Think it will be and this is not my wish but what i believe Houghton will play

Harps

Raylor Saylor Colo Jose

Barton smith Nolan Jonas

Carrol Amoebi

pretty confident we will get a crowd of 32,000 and a win

Why are people not including Simpson in their teams? Fergie wouldn't have let him go if he wasn't gonna be a first choice.

I think he'll start.

Harper

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Barton Smith Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi

Fergie does look after players he's brouht through though. Why would Simpson come here if he wasn't gonna be first choice? He would have had plenty of takers.

Guest Roger Kint

Fergie does look after players he's brouht through though. Why would Simpson come here if he wasn't gonna be first choice? He would have had plenty of takers.

Where are they? He has been on semi perminent loan for nigh on 4 years, Fergie probs just wants rid.

I would have thought Simpson, after joining only yesterday afternoon and probably having not trained, wouldn't be thrown straight into the team.

Especially considering he's a youngster and we know how much Hughton loves his pros!

Guest DavB93

What do people think the crowd will be like today, I've heard loads that the crowd are going to make it known we don't want Ashley or Kinnear.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What do people think the crowd will be like today, I've heard loads that the crowd are going to make it known we don't want Ashley or Kinnear.

35-40k

Hope they barrack the pair of them