Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Can't see how that front trio would ever work. Keegan 4-3-3 presumably, James?

Duff will have the freedom to roam, and hopefully get some chances on goal, and then slot into the left side when we are defending so we can stick Barton on Hunt.

Realy hope Nolan starts pushing forward into the box. I've no problem with him being in the team if he gets forward and gets his head on things. He can pick up some goals this season if he gets forward more ffs

Realy hope Nolan starts pushing forward into the box. I've no problem with him being in the team if he gets forward and gets his head on things. He can pick up some goals this season if he gets forward more ffs

He's too slow to ever get there in time. And considering we're playing with Carroll & Ameobi (not the fastest on the planet) that speaks volumes about Mr Nolan.

I'm amazed if Krul starts.

Agreed. I fear it could take a lot for Krul to win over Harpers spot......especially with Houghton in charge.

That would be a brave decision and Hughton is not the man for those. Not having a go at him, he's doing the best he can like.

We can do this all day.. how about

----------------Harper

Rtay------Tay----------Colo-------Jose

----Barton-----Smith---------Duff

----------------Nolan

------Ranger--------------Carroll

Guest toonlass

I am going to stick my neck out and say we will win this one. We had some really good spells yesterday but Colo needs to be dropped for Kadar. Colo is a disaster waiting to happen.

--------------Harper

R.Taylor--Taylor---Kadar---Duff

----------------Colo

Geremi---Nolan---Smith---Barton

---------------Ameobi

Duff is alright at LB, Colo directing traffic and bossing the game from DM, Ameobi should be quality up front on his own without others getting in the way.

I am going to stick my neck out and say we will win this one. We had some really good spells yesterday but Colo needs to be dropped for Vukik. Colo is a disaster waiting to happen.

He is a better defender than Vuckic though :razz:

Guest toonlass

I am going to stick my neck out and say we will win this one. We had some really good spells yesterday but Colo needs to be dropped for Vukik. Colo is a disaster waiting to happen.

He is a better defender than Vuckic though :razz:

Aye I changed it after I realised what I had put.  :pow:

It'll be nothing other than 4-4-2, which makes sense. Cos we don't have either the manager with the tactical capacity to pull off a more varied formation, nor do we have the right playing staff to fit straight into a new set-up. I'm happy with 4-4-2 atm; a well drilled 4-4-2 with effective partnerships through the middle should get you promoted in this league.

A centre-back and centre-forward are transfer priorities if you ask me. Taylor/XXX, Barton/Guthrie, Carroll/XXX through the heart of the side will match any other in this division. I wouldn't mind seeing us plump for that Miles Addison chap, and not just because he scored yesterday. Looks a good talent but i'm not sure where he's more suited... CB or DM. Addison and Beckford, and preferably a new right-back (absolutely bare minimum), and that'd see us with an extremely slim - but capable - squad imo. Not good enough to finish first cos there's nowhere near enough depth, but definitely a shout at the play-offs.

If we think we're gonna overhaul the squad, bringing in six or seven players, we're in dreamland.

--------------Harper

----------------Colo

---------------Ameobi

Duff is alright at LB, Colo directing traffic and bossing the game from DM, Ameobi should be quality up front on his own without others getting in the way.

Are you Ameobi in disguise?! As long as you aren't in charge I don't mind!

--------------Krul

R.Taylor--Taylor---Kadar---Enrique

Lualua---Barton-----Smith----Duff

--------Carroll------Ranger--------

--------------Harper

----------------Colo

---------------Ameobi

:spit:

If we go:

Krul

Taylor - Taylor - Colo - Enrique

Duff - Barton - Smith - Jonas

Carroll - Ranger

Reckon we'll win it. We looked good yesterday, Carroll was great up front, reckon with a different partner (because quite frankely, Shola is fucking awful) he'll do even better. Smith looked class in midfield, did the holding role really well, Nolan was shite and disappeared for most of the match whilst Barton's short appearence looked pretty good and dangerous, if he starts our creativity from midfield should double (not exactly hard). Jonas and Enrique caused a lot of trouble on the left, although end product sucked it was good to see other teams fear us a bit. Krul, maybe not ready but looked great and Harper may not be fit yet after his knock. Colo wasn't brilliant but tbf he's the best partner for Taylor we've got.

Come on lads, lets get our first win and get this season off to a flyer!

Harper

R.Taylor   S.Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Jonas      Smith        Barton       Duff

Ameobi   Carroll

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Geremi, Nolan, LuaLua, Xisco, Ranger

that's a good enough team to win imo. Bring Ranger on at HT if Ameobi's not any better than yesterday.

It'll be nothing other than 4-4-2, which makes sense. Cos we don't have either the manager with the tactical capacity to pull off a more varied formation, nor do we have the right playing staff to fit straight into a new set-up. I'm happy with 4-4-2 atm; a well drilled 4-4-2 with effective partnerships through the middle should get you promoted in this league.

A centre-back and centre-forward are transfer priorities if you ask me. Taylor/XXX, Barton/Guthrie, Carroll/XXX through the heart of the side will match any other in this division. I wouldn't mind seeing us plump for that Miles Addison chap, and not just because he scored yesterday. Looks a good talent but i'm not sure where he's more suited... CB or DM. Addison and Beckford, and preferably a new right-back (absolutely bare minimum), and that'd see us with an extremely slim - but capable - squad imo. Not good enough to finish first cos there's nowhere near enough depth, but definitely a shout at the play-offs.

If we think we're gonna overhaul the squad, bringing in six or seven players, we're in dreamland.

#

Addison is fucking huge (and class).

I'd go with:

Krul

R.Taylor  S.Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Jonas      Smith      Barton      Duff

Lua Lua

Carroll

Need someone with pace who can get beyond Andy and make the most of his flick-ons. Kazenga's probably the closest we have to that at the moment and should be able to link well with the midfield.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In 4-4-2 we trust, and at home he cannot go with 1 striker and Nokan its crazy

This is Chris Hughton your talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if he played Shola upfront and everyone in defense.