Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

We've sold far better players than Steven Taylor in the past as well btw. So even in our current plight anyone who has "had enough" because of this is welcome to go as far as I am concerned.

Thats a pretty moronic thing to say at this point in time.

I doubt those who've "had enough" really have, theyre just expressing their dispair.

I also wouldnt massively judge people negatively for having fallen out of love with football recently after having this fat clown consistantly f*** up any hopes we could possibly have of enjoying football once again.

Probably best to get off your high horse.

He's absolutely right though. We're going through the shite again and we'll come out of the other side again too. 

You mean like Leeds, Forest, Sheff Weds, Southampton etc?

No, like we did 17-18 years ago

No, like we did 31 years ago

best give Kevin Keegan a ring.

I've been disappointed with other players leaving but for the first time this summer I'm scared for this club. We need Taylor now and if he is seriously thinking about going then that to me means that there won't be a sale (of the club) and we will have an owner who doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to fund this club. I hope we know what's happening with the sale tomorrow one way or another I don't think I can stand reading another article saying a decision will be made next week.

Fuck me, I feel like crying, I feel sick in the stomach. when you think things are looking not too bad getting rid of 10 players and still get 7 pts out of 9 they go and allow one of our die hardest players to leave. he might not be valued by every fan but Fook me he's a trier and one of the most inspiring players on the pitch every game and gets on with it. they had better have someone lined up to take his place with the cash but i'm pretty sure its gonna go straight into that c*nts pocket. :angry:

Fuck off man. :lol:

Guest Mantis

Regardless of whether he wants away or not, at the moment we simply do not have the personnel to allow one of our two central defenders with first team experience leave.

It doesn't matter how much money is involved, if Ashley wants to sell Taylor then he absolutely has to purchase a suitable replacement before Taylor goes anywhere.

Especially the one out of the two who can actually play the game.  If Taylor goes we will have big problems at the back.  As I have said before, I expect things to get a lot worse by 1st Sept.

i honestly can't believe its come to this, despite it all I convinced myself he wouldn't leave

like I say to my mates, we're doing OK now after 3 games, but just wait a couple of months if we keep on selling players and get an injury or two we'll struggle I think...

i hate seeing our club in decline in this way :(

Guest The_Scoreboard

f*** me, I feel like crying, I feel sick in the stomach. when you think things are looking not too bad getting rid of 10 players and still get 7 pts out of 9 they go and allow one of our die hardest players to leave. he might not be valued by every fan but Fook me he's a trier and one of the most inspiring players on the pitch every game and gets on with it. they had better have someone lined up to take his place with the cash but i'm pretty sure its gonna go straight into that c*nts pocket. :angry:

f*** off man. :lol:

I will when someone rips ashley's head off :snod:

Re: Taylor's London heritage, maybe Ashley thinks "you fat cockney b******, get our of our club" was aimed at ST. Actually wouldn't surprise me, the brain dead f***.

It's an absolute disgrace, I agree. But I never expected you to get so passionate about a player you callled a 'joke of a defender' at the end of last year.

Re: Taylor's London heritage, maybe Ashley thinks "you fat cockney b******, get our of our club" was aimed at ST. Actually wouldn't surprise me, the brain dead f***.

It's an absolute disgrace, I agree. But I never expected you to get so passionate about a player you callled a 'joke of a defender' at the end of last year.

And I never expected to see Shola Ameobi, who I called a clown as recently as last Friday, score a hat trick in a league game but here we are. Circumstances have changed.

And I never expected to see Shola Ameobi, who I called a clown as recently as last Friday, score a hat trick in a league game but here we are. Circumstances have changed.

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh

FFS what is it with people on here? It was all positive this morning. Fans saying the feel good factor is back on the match thread after last night.

Taylor isn't that good a player. He can be replaced and we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Plus he hasn't gone yet.

FFS what is it with people on here? It was all positive this morning. Fans saying the feel good factor is back on the other thread.

Taylor isn't that good a player. He can be replaced and we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Plus he hasn't gone yet.

That is the problem, he wont be.

FFS what is it with people on here? It was all positive this morning. Fans saying the feel good factor is back on the match thread after last night.

Aye, just like Bassong, Beye, Martins, Owen and Viduka were replaced as well :thup:

FFS what is it with people on here? It was all positive this morning. Fans saying the feel good factor is back on the other thread.

That is the problem, he wont be.

He will. He may not be adequately replaced but someone will come in and play CB if/when he goes.

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

Aye, just like Bassong, Beye, Martins, Owen and Viduka were replaced as well :thup:

And Lovenkrands and Milner and Faye and N'Zogbia and Giv...  FFS why do I bite at this utter WUM?

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

City won't win the league.

A testimonial at Newcastle should have meant more to him than a Carling Cup, or whatever at City.

If Shay didn't leave us in the lurch we'd have stayed up.

FFS what is it with people on here?

Aye it's not like we've been relegated or anything. Get some perspective people ffs.

I bit again.

What I mean is this morning = really positive - this evening = slit wrists.

Its hard to keep up with the latest mood on this forum.

City won't win the league.

A testimonial at Newcastle should have meant more to him than a Carling Cup, or whatever at City.

If Shay didn't leave us in the lurch we'd have stayed up.

A testimonial should have meant more than the chance to actually win stuff? Jesus Christ, what planet do you live on?

And yes, City will win the league.