Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

I do find it quite strange that we could end up selling two central defenders who were part of a team that conceded the 4th most goals in the entire league for near 20 million.

It's all our midfields fault really but 10million for Taylor and I can live with that

Guest Micktoon

I do find it quite strange that we could end up selling two central defenders who were part of a team that conceded the 4th most goals in the entire league for near 20 million.

It's all our midfields fault really but 10million for Taylor and I can live with that

...and replace him with who and with what. Not exactly bursting with replacements or any fucker to buy them or money to buy them with

...and replace him with who and with what. Not exactly bursting with replacements or any fucker to buy them or money to buy them with

Sol Campbell presumably. Can't see Everton spending £10 for Taylor. Though that thrashing they received works in our favor.  Maybe if they get enough for Lescott we can benefit.

Guest Micktoon

Sol Campbell presumably. Can't see Everton spending £10 for Taylor. Though that thrashing they received works in our favor.  Maybe if they get enough for Lescott we can benefit.

How is getting 10 mill for Taylor going to benefit us?

You think a single penny will filter its way down as far as team strengthening??

Agreed. Ten million in place of Taylor would be absolutely pointless. Even if we were sure the money was going back in the team losing him would hurt our promotion chances in a big way and if we did still manage to go up, we'd only have to probably pay the same or more for a centre back next year.

£10m would be a very good deal for him but I think he's the last player we should be thinking about selling. Taylor has his detractors but he's clearly one of the best defenders in this league, he really loves the club, and there's a real chance he could become club captain within the next few seasons. A strong season in this league could do him the world of good and if/when we eventually do go up he'll be a lot stronger because of it.

I think people are definitely reading into this too much. Why would we have played him yesterday and risked injury if he was offski? Doesn't make sense.

If we sell Taylor (and Colo + Carroll as reported in today's papers) as well as all the other transfers, I honestly don't know how Ashley can be holding out for £100 million for the club.  He will have sold basically ALL our sellable assets and yet still wanting his ridiculous fee.

I hope to god that we get taken over before he destroys our fucking club any more than he already has, it's looking fucking scary now.

If we sell Taylor (and Colo + Carroll as reported in today's papers) as well as all the other transfers, I honestly don't know how Ashley can be holding out for £100 million for the club.  He will have sold basically ALL our sellable assets and yet still wanting his ridiculous fee.

I hope to god that we get taken over before he destroys our fucking club any more than he already has, it's looking fucking scary now.

Before he destroys our fucking club?

:cheesy:

Before he destroys our fucking club?

:cheesy:

"any more than he already has"  :pow:

The net value of the club won't have changed.

Instead of having (Numbers meaning nothing as I'm completely making them up) £100m worth of players and £80m worth of debt, we'll have £30m worth of players and £10m worth of debt.

Unless Ashley trousers the money rather than reducing the debt, of course.

Of course we're not selling Carroll.  Don't believe every bit of nonsense in the papers.  I'd be happy if Coloccini went though, for a good fee anyway (£6m at least) if we bring in Campbell on a low wage.

I'd be expecting us to bring in another loan/free/cheapish player as well as Campbell when Coloccini leaves.  If Campbell came in Coloccini wouldn't even be first choice IMO and keeping him as backup on £50k would be mental, especially if someone's offering £6m for him.

I'd be expecting us to bring in another loan/free/cheapish player as well as Campbell when Coloccini leaves.  If Campbell came in Coloccini wouldn't even be first choice IMO and keeping him as backup on £50k would be mental, especially if someone's offering £6m for him.

Has someone offered £6m?

The net value of the club won't have changed.

Instead of having (Numbers meaning nothing as I'm completely making them up) £100m worth of players and £80m worth of debt, we'll have £30m worth of players and £10m worth of debt.

Unless Ashley trousers the money rather than reducing the debt, of course.

He'll not because that would be illegal...

Has someone offered £6m?

The offer reported is of £3 million from Real Zaragoza, giving us a £7 million loss.  It's about right for us isn't it?

Has someone offered £6m?

No idea, that's just what I would consider a good price (see my previous post).

The offer reported is of £3 million from Real Zaragoza, giving us a £7 million loss.  It's about right for us isn't it?

Meaning?