Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

I'd be expecting us to bring in another loan/free/cheapish player as well as Campbell when Coloccini leaves.  If Campbell came in Coloccini wouldn't even be first choice IMO and keeping him as backup on £50k would be mental, especially if someone's offering £6m for him.

Has someone offered £6m?

The offer reported is of £3 million from Real Zaragoza, giving us a £7 million loss.  It's about right for us isn't it?

Balances out the Bassong fee I suppose.

If we sell Taylor (and Colo + Carroll as reported in today's papers) as well as all the other transfers, I honestly don't know how Ashley can be holding out for £100 million for the club.  He will have sold basically ALL our sellable assets and yet still wanting his ridiculous fee.

The net value of the club won't have changed.

Instead of having (Numbers meaning nothing as I'm completely making them up) £100m worth of players and £80m worth of debt, we'll have £30m worth of players and £10m worth of debt.

Unless Ashley trousers the money rather than reducing the debt, of course.

He'll not because that would be illegal...

ashley can use the money to reduce his debt because he had lent 100m to newcastle PLC which stated in annual report 2008

is it illegal ?

If we sell Taylor (and Colo + Carroll as reported in today's papers) as well as all the other transfers, I honestly don't know how Ashley can be holding out for £100 million for the club.  He will have sold basically ALL our sellable assets and yet still wanting his ridiculous fee.

Instead of having (Numbers meaning nothing as I'm completely making them up) £100m worth of players and £80m worth of debt, we'll have £30m worth of players and £10m worth of debt.

ashley can use the money to reduce his debt because he had lent 100m to newcastle PLC which stated in annual report 2008

is it illegal ?

In that case he would be reducing the debt, not trousering the money.

is it illegal ?

I'd assume certain debts will be priority and will have to be paid first, the overdraft for one.  Even if that isn't the case and he did manage to pay back some of his loan with it he'd then only put himself in a position were he'd have to loan it back later in the year in order to pay the short fall between the clubs outgoings and incomings.

With Steven Taylor ready to hand in a transfer request to force a move - probably to Everton - free agent Campbell could be his replacement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206925/Sol-Campbell-eyes-Newcastle-free-transfer-Steven-Taylor-gets-set-Everton-switch.html?ITO=1490

:kinnear:

Wonder who their sauce is? Skirge?

It's more likely that I'm shagging Kelly Brook right now tbf.

Guest Geordiekev

If we sell Taylor. We might as well sell everybody else, and close down for good.

This is f***ing madness.

f***ing right!

We need a Campbell - Taylor defense at least, let's say if both Colo and Taylor leave then what the hell do we do?

Pull everyone else back to stand on the goal line and pray for the draw.. :undecided: This shit is depressing...

If we sell Taylor. We might as well sell everybody else, and close down for good.

This is f***ing madness.

f***ing right!

We need a Campbell - Taylor defense at least, let's say if both Colo and Taylor leave then what the hell do we do?

I think we should delay any decisions concerning any offers for our players at the moment. If the supposed takeover is going through this coming week, I believe things will change for the better. Then again, I know as little as anybody else (except for Thomo) about what's happening behind the scenes. 

If Moat and his American gang is taking over and appointing a manager soon, I can't see how selling our best players are going to help us. I understand we need to sell some to knock the wages down, but come on. What they are doing now is sick.

I would have thought that if Moat is likely to succeed in the takeover that he would be advising Ashley not to sell Taylor or to at least hold back for a few days.  At this rate, the new owners are going to be left with a threadbare squad and little time to bring players in.

Surely, we can hold on to some players until the January window at least.

I would have thought that if Moat is likely to succeed in the takeover that he would be advising Ashley not to sell Taylor or to at least hold back for a few days.  At this rate, the new owners are going to be left with a threadbare squad and little time to bring players in.

Surely, we can hold on to some players until the January window at least.

I know this is the wrong thread to bring up general transfer talk. But, you got a fair point. I'd also like to add that I'd rather have us sell players like Geremi, or Smith, for that matter. Since, the way I see, we only sell ow to cut wages. And then I rather see us getting rid of the deadwood. You know, there two types of silent players at the club, the ones who's truely loyal and caring, and the type that's just happy to get their cheque raised every week. We should be getting rid of the latter.