Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

If Everton had any ambition in them whatsoever they'd go for Brede Hangeland who's a better defender than Julie Lescott anyway for half the money.

In fact Citeh should just turn their attention to him and leave Everton with the lesser player, and an unhappy one.

Taylor stayed on the field even longer than usual when showing his support for the Toon crowd, with many fans concerned he was saying goodbye.

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton told the Chronicle today: “I would like to think anybody who showed emotion at the end of the game was doing so because we have won and won so well.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/17/sol-campbell-says-he-d-love-to-sign-for-toon-72703-24459084/

If he's handed in, or hands in a transfer request he's a cunt.

What if he just manipulates a move away from the club, but doesn't hand in a transfer request so he gets to keep his loyalty bonus?

Guest icemanblue

If he's handed in, or hands in a transfer request he's a cunt.

What if he just manipulates a move away from the club, but doesn't hand in a transfer request so he gets to keep his loyalty bonus?

Any player that leaves is a cunt. You know this.

I really believe Taylor loves the club, but a footballer's career is pretty short... I'm finding it hard to hold it against any player who wants out of NUFC at the moment.

Obviously losing Taylor would be a big blow and I don't want it to happen.

Give him captaincy against Sheff Wed and see how quickly he rejects any move away from the club.

:snod:

God help me, but Smith has done a decent job with the armband. Plus, the last time we gave a guy the role so he wouldn't leave, he left anyway. If Taylor is set to leave, he'll leave.

I really believe Taylor loves the club, but a footballer's career is pretty short... I'm finding it hard to hold it against any player who wants out of NUFC at the moment.

Obviously losing Taylor would be a big blow and I don't want it to happen.

I think a local lad who has become a regular for his team should probably feel a bit more loyalty than an outsider. All the home town loyalty business should work both ways if it means anything at all. If he wants to leave then he should be free to mind, just let's not hear any more of this "local hero living the dream" crap if he does go.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/18/chris-hughton-denies-steven-taylor-is-leaving-61634-24463690/

Some observers have claimed that Taylor’s reaction at the final whistle of Saturday’s emphatic victory over Reading looked like a farewell gesture to supporters – a belief that has been advanced by claims that he has handed in a transfer request.

Hughton says that is not the case, and says that he has heard nothing from the board to suggest the player will be leaving in the near future. “He is very much still Newcastle’s player and he is desperate to get on with things and do well for the team,” said Hughton. “As far as I know, he is still at the club at the moment. Whether anything has happened that I don’t know about is a different matter but I’m pretty sure he’ll be playing on Wednesday.

“Him asking to leave or leaving is not something that I’m aware of. I haven’t been told by anyone that there has been a bid and I’m sure that I would be informed by someone if anything like that had happened. Obviously, he’s a good player and Steven has been playing well. He is obviously someone who is very important to the team.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/18/chris-hughton-denies-steven-taylor-is-leaving-61634-24463690/

Some observers have claimed that Taylors reaction at the final whistle of Saturdays emphatic victory over Reading looked like a farewell gesture to supporters a belief that has been advanced by claims that he has handed in a transfer request.

Hughton says that is not the case, and says that he has heard nothing from the board to suggest the player will be leaving in the near future. He is very much still Newcastles player and he is desperate to get on with things and do well for the team, said Hughton. As far as I know, he is still at the club at the moment. Whether anything has happened that I dont know about is a different matter but Im pretty sure hell be playing on Wednesday.

Him asking to leave or leaving is not something that Im aware of. I havent been told by anyone that there has been a bid and Im sure that I would be informed by someone if anything like that had happened. Obviously, hes a good player and Steven has been playing well. He is obviously someone who is very important to the team.

Oh so he is going then.

Funny how Hughton claims someone would tell him about a bid - didn't Martins pretty much complete his move without him knowing?

Yes

Hughton doesn't even no the postmans shagging his wife behind his back

Hughton doesn't even know when he's shagging his wife man