binnsy

What a brilliant crowd for a midweek championship league game......thats not even taking into account the club is managerless, owner wants away etc...  Over 2000 more than Sunderland managed in the PL,  thats the "new Sunderland" with big new signings, new manager  and special kids for a quid season tickets playing against Chelsea, one of the best teams in Europe!!! hahahaha

Guest toonlass

Was over the moon with the gate for Saturday and tonight. Almost 44,000 for a midweek game against Sheffield Wednesday is magnificent.

Really shouldnt quote them but this is class.

The record official attendance anywhere in England is the 1913 fa cup final between Sunderland and Preston, The record midweek attendance was 78,127 Sunderland V Derby at Roker. That shithead who reckons the mags gave a bigger fan base than us wants his fucking neck snapping. There is no way he's Sunderland.

He does realise crowds like that now, with all seating stadia are going to be very few and far between. Also how the fuck did they fit 70k in to roker park ?

Guest BudBud

I hope there's more supports like theirs this season. I reckon Leicester will bring a decent crowd up. We haven't had any decent banter since the away end was changed.

tbh to the Wednesday guys, they had some lungs..... better than their city's other club....

Guest tobycolledge

Really shouldnt quote them but this is class.

The record official attendance anywhere in England is the 1913 fa cup final between Sunderland and Preston, The record midweek attendance was 78,127 Sunderland V Derby at Roker. That shithead who reckons the mags gave a bigger fan base than us wants his f***ing neck snapping. There is no way he's Sunderland.

He does realise crowds like that now, with all seating stadia are going to be very few and far between. Also how the f*** did they fit 70k in to roker park ?

The highest attendance in english football is 83.260 for a match between Man Utd and Arsenal at Maine Road on 17th Jn 1948.

There is a lot of buzz around Swansea for the game mind. I think the Swans fans will be up there in numbers.

Say if I did come up and try to get a ticket in the home end being a Toon supporter like :) would I get a kickin on that day when people hear my accent thinking I am some kind of plant? A mate is running a stage do that weekend and I've been invited. Now there are two reasons I am reluctant.

1. Visiting a city when your hometown club are playing could be dangerous especially if things get heated on the pitch.

2. I couldn't really go up with them and when the go to the game I say "terra" boys I'm heading for the Gallowgate. Either way I may end up battered....