Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

I hope Ranger continues where he left off against Leicester, he was definitely getting a lot more confident as the game wore on.

Aye, shame he looks like he's been taking shooting lessons from Jonas. I just wish he'd pluck up the courage to have efforts on goal, he's probably got a sweet shot.

On the same line of thought. I wish you'd pluck up the courage to talk about something other than Nile rangers shooting abilities.

Aye, sorry I mentioned it ONCE like :lol:

How funny that i would think i could judge your attitude on something, based on only one or two instances.

Who would do that eh :idiot2:

Anyway, back to Nile ranger being to scared to shoot.

The Ranger protection on this forum is getting f***ing ridiculous now. So now I can't offer constructive criticism to him because he's barely played?

I'll refer you to this:

I've refused so far to get on the Ranger-bandwagon with some of the cringe-tastic comments, but fair play to the lad tonight.

He played a blinder and did everything but score. His hold up play in the second half was better than I've seen from any other striker we've had in a long time.

If he can find his confidence a bit more, get a decent partner and have a pop at goal once in a while, we may yet have uncovered a gem.

Ooh harsh words. I'm really writing him off there like.

He's not the finished package, we all know that. All I did was made a comment about how he needs more confidence in his shooting ability, but because he's the forums w***-fester, people jump on your back. I do apologise, Nile Ranger is king of all, he is the perfect footballer and doesn't need to improve at all. Greatest player ever.

f***s sake.

I remember in the eufa cup under Dalglish when we lost 1=0 at home to Monaco and were missing Shearer, Ferdinand and Asprilla for various reasons, we played 4 5 1 with Rob Lee as centre forward. Think a young Thierry Henry set up the winner that night too.

The Ranger protection on this forum is getting f***ing ridiculous now. So now I can't offer constructive criticism to him because he's barely played?

I'll refer you to this:

I've refused so far to get on the Ranger-bandwagon with some of the cringe-tastic comments, but fair play to the lad tonight.

He played a blinder and did everything but score. His hold up play in the second half was better than I've seen from any other striker we've had in a long time.

If he can find his confidence a bit more, get a decent partner and have a pop at goal once in a while, we may yet have uncovered a gem.

He's not the finished package, we all know that. All I did was made a comment about how he needs more confidence in his shooting ability, but because he's the forums w***-fester, people jump on your back. I do apologise, Nile Ranger is king of all, he is the perfect footballer and doesn't need to improve at all. Greatest player ever.

f***s sake.

I didnt say you were writing him off anywhere, i wouldnt really care if u were if it made sense.

But theres no real basis to believe he needs more confidence in his shooting ability. Based on two games, one where he wasnt on the ball much & another where he chose to set up others instead. The lads scored 20+ last season & along with now scoring for the England U19's several times. There isnt much to suggest he's unconfident in his finishing atall. Ive seen several people suggest what you said & i just think its pretty moronic so i picked up on it.

If people suggested it about a lad who consistantly tended to go out of his way to set up others, laying it off in potentially goalscoring opportunities when he looks like he has the potential to do more for himself, it would make sense. Basing any judgement off of more than a couple games, would make more sense. People making random crap determinations about the lads mentality based on one match really, makes no sense atall.

Same reason you thought my statement about you was equally as clueless, because ofcourse it was. That was teh whole point.

I'll refer you to this:

f***s sake.

I didnt say you were writing him off anywhere, i wouldnt really care if u were if it made sense.

But theres no real basis to believe he needs more confidence in his shooting ability. Based on two games, one where he wasnt on the ball much & another where he chose to set up others instead. The lads scored 20+ last season & along with now scoring for the England U19's several times. There isnt much to suggest he's unconfident in his finishing atall. Ive seen several people suggest what you said & i just think its pretty moronic so i picked up on it.

If people suggested it about a lad who consistantly tended to go out of his way to set up others, laying it off in potentially goalscoring opportunities when he looks like he has the potential to do more for himself, it would make sense. Basing any judgement off of more than a couple games, would make more sense. People making random crap determinations about the lads mentality based on one match really, makes no sense atall.

Same reason you thought my statement about you was equally as clueless, because ofcourse it was. That was teh whole point.

I'm not judging him ffs.

I saw him play against Leceister, whilst he looked very confident with his back to goal, he looked hesitant when facing goal in that particular game. I made the statement 'I wish he hadn't been so hesitant because he probably has a good shot'.

I'm allowed to comment on his performance man. I'm not gonna sit there and say 'I will not comment on this as he has only played twice'.

I'm not marking him as being shit with a shot, I'm not criticising him, I'm not making a statement about him in general. I'm making an observation about his performance against Leceister.

Look on the previous page man, you're not talking in paste tense atall. Making a statement about his current mentality in general playing for the first team is exactly what you were doing  :lol:

Why else do you think people are asking you to give him a chance  ?

I'll refer you to this:

f***s sake.

I'm not judging him ffs.

I saw him play against Leceister, whilst he looked very confident with his back to goal, he looked hesitant when facing goal in that particular game. I made the statement 'I wish he hadn't been so hesitant because he probably has a good shot'.

I'm allowed to comment on his performance man. I'm not gonna sit there and say 'I will not comment on this as he has only played twice'.

I'm not marking him as being shit with a shot, I'm not criticising him, I'm not making a statement about him in general. I'm making an observation about his performance against Leceister.

I don't really recall him getting in any real scoring opportunities in that game, the only shot he had was that one where he was falling backwards and still pinged a pretty decent effort in. You could argue that he should have got into more scoring positions but the way the side was set out with only one striket that would be a bit harsh imo.

I remember in the eufa cup under Dalglish when we lost 1=0 at home to Monaco and were missing Shearer, Ferdinand and Asprilla for various reasons, we played 4 5 1 with Rob Lee as centre forward. Think a young Thierry Henry set up the winner that night too.

KK was in charge ;  )

not so sure Shearer played for us then either. might be wrong on that like.

KK was in charge ;  )

No it was Dalglish. Was at the game  Shearer was crocked. Bartez in goal for them wasted time like fuck.

KK was in charge ;  )

No it was Dalglish. Was at the game  Shearer was crocked. Bartez in goal for them wasted time like f***.

im certain kk was in charge, was my first ever game. im trying to find out, but proving difficult!!

KK was in charge ;  )

No it was Dalglish. Was at the game  Shearer was crocked. Bartez in goal for them wasted time like f***.

im certain kk was in charge, was my first ever game. im trying to find out, but proving difficult!!

aye your right, well played! haha. KK left two months earlier!

KK was in charge ;  )

dalglish had been i charge a month or two.

Guest Roger Kint

KK was in charge ;  )

It was 4 March 1997 so Daglish had just over a month. Remember that game, their team was a whos who of future Prem Players.

Bartez, Dumas, Henry, Bernarbia, Grimandi, Blondeau; Legwinski, Djetou, Collins and Diao

Can't wait for this now.... Getting into Cardiff at 11:30, straight to Prince of Wales (Wetherspoons, bottom of St' Mary's Street) then take a stroll to the game at 1:00.

Can see a close game, but I think out strengh in midfield will edge it for us.

2-1

We really need a win tomorrow! With today's results certainly not in our favour we need to cement our intent to win this damn league! It will be a tough game, but hopefully our players will show the grit and determination they have done thus far this season!

Will the 'Soul Crew' be in attendance tomorrow? :o Take care, for anyone who is heading down.

No doubt.... Not sure if I'm wearing colours or not, probably will.

Will the 'Soul Crew' be in attendance tomorrow? :o Take care, for anyone who is heading down.

No doubt.... Not sure if I'm wearing colours or not, probably will.

[DannyDyer/on]The best thing you can do guv is wear your colours as any serious member of a naughty firm will not a hit a tree*[DannyDyer/off]

*= I am sure tree is the name they give fans with tops as it mean planks or some shite like that.