The NUFC transfer deadline day thread - Summer 2009

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is one major difference between us and Spurs which means GG's opinion isn't really that important.

Have a guess what it is.

He was on loan with us at Watford last season. SAME LEAGUE AS YOU.  :sadnod:

Doesn't matter if no-opnes signed by 5, lovenkrands could sign in the middle of december if it had to be as he's on a bosman andthere are no restrictions on this, Loans cant be done for a week after 5pm but then we can loan again until novemebr or something.

Guess again.

The Football League have now confirmed the situation regarding loans as follows:

Standard loans can be for half a season or a full season.  These can only be done during the two transfer windows (i.e. by the end of today or in January 2010).

Emergency loans can be done outside of the transfer window, but not after the fourth Thursday in November or March. 

A club can have a maximum of four players under 23 and a further four over 23 on standard loan during the season. There is no limit on Emergency Loans. 

However, only four players maximum can join one club from another during the season.

A maximum of five loan players can be named on a team sheet.

I'd imagine none of our hopefuls will count as emergencies, so they'll have to happen today.

How do you distinguish an "emergency loan" from a normal one?

Is having Mike Ashley as owner not a big enough emergency?

There is one major difference between us and Spurs which means GG's opinion isn't really that important.

Have a guess what it is.

Its the reason Shola, Ryan Taylor and one or two others look like players this season I think.

Have a guess what it is.

GG doesn't follow Spurs, he follows Watford, whom Rose was on loan to last season in the Championship, so I still guessing what is it ???

I'd be surprised if Llambias and Ashley even know there's a transfer deadline.

This ones for you Pilko but you can just imagine its like the "Cape Fear" episode of the Simpsons.

Hughton will have Ashley sat at a table and no matter how many times he stamps on his feet and tells him to sign someone, Ashley turns to Llambias and says "I think he's talking to you"

:lol:

Can also imagine Derek being thick enough to step on all them rakes as well.

Apologies, I had you down as a Yid.

I'm actually really offended. How dare you?

GG what position did Rose actually play while at Watford?

I don't know because he didn't appear to have any positional sense. (left-wing/central midfield)