Marlon Harewood

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Can you loan players from other countries?

Of course, its commonplace all over the Premier League, Pompey and WBA did it with several players last year and this.

The rules on loans that Dave posted even say theres no limit to overseas loans iirc

Sorry, I meant outside of the transfer window.

Ah in that case am not sure. Am assuming it would only be possible if the other country had the same 'emergency loan' stipulations as ours. Probably unlikely tbh

Of course, its commonplace all over the Premier League, Pompey and WBA did it with several players last year and this.

The rules on loans that Dave posted even say theres no limit to overseas loans iirc

Ah in that case am not sure. Am assuming it would only be possible if the other country had the same 'emergency loan' stipulations as ours. Probably unlikely tbh

wouldn't it be down the rules of the country where the player would be registered ?

Guest Roger Kint

wouldn't it be down the rules of the country where the player would be registered ?

Pass, does a player re register when he returns from a loan? Not sure of the ins and outs of that part.

Pass, does a player re register when he returns from a loan? Not sure of the ins and outs of that part.

good point, never thought of that.

The Mirror comes again to the rescue:

Since the whole affair makes a creative approach to FIFA transfer rules, I assume they don't want to mess up with international transfers (those need paperwork from FIFA to go through, do they?)

WHEN is a transfer window not securely shut? When the Football League introduces the emergency loan system that comes into force on Tuesday.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that the 72 clubs in the Coca- Cola League agreed at an EGM last month to find a way to beat FIFA's request for the worldwide ban on player movement outside the transfer windows.

We are in possession of a two-page document, plus covering letter, sent to the clubs by the League which lists the rules of the new loan system.

While no permanent transfers will be allowed outside the transfer window that closed on August 31 - and won't open again until January - the clubs can loan as many players as they like - as long as the players are employed in the Premier League or Football League.

The maximum number of loan signings allowed in a 16-man match squad is five. And the maximum stay as an emergency loan signing is 93 days.

The loan deal revolution marks a defiant stand by the League hierarchy.

Chairman Sir Brian Mawhinney and Andy Williamson, their chief operating officer, have indulged in shuttle diplomacy across Europe in an attempt to prevent the introduction of transfer windows.

They warned that many of their clubs could not employ enough players to get through a season without recourse to loans and transfers.

The new system has even baffled many top-flight clubs who have flooded the Premier League with calls to ask what is going on.

A Football League spokesman said last night: "Our clubs now have to comply with transfer window restrictions.

"The League, with the approval of the FA, has made provision for clubs to take players on short-term emergency loans during the closed periods in exceptional circumstances."

• 2 weeks later...
NEWCASTLE United are expected to complete the signing of Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood providing he can prove his fitness before moving to St James’s Park.

United landed their second loan signing of the season yesterday when Blackburn Rovers’ Georgian defender Zurab Khizanishvili joined on a three-month deal. The club’s first defeat of the season at Blackpool on Wednesday night has re-emphasised the need for extra bodies, and it is in attack that the Magpies are shortest following a long-term injury to Shola Ameobi.

The Journal understands that a deal for Harewood has virtually been agreed.

The 30-year-old, who has only recently returned to full training after a foot injury, is keen to sign for the Magpies, but has been told he must be in a physical condition to play before Hughton finalises a three-month contract.

The former Nottingham Forest and West Ham forward has been pushed out of the first-team squad at Villa Park, but has been a regular goalscorer at Championship level.

And he will add some much-needed pace to the Newcastle side.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/18/magpies-are-close-to-a-double-boost-61634-24720498/

would have preferred Kamara but that deal's dead in the water till January at least, but Harewood would be a good addition. I think this will be the last signing though, even though we badly need a right winger.

Shola must be out for a canny while then.

:(

That's all I can think of now we have Lovenkrands and Ranger has proven that he isn't out of his depth at this level.

Sounds about right. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Lovenkrands and Harewood are being looked at as auxillary wingers too.

Shola must be out for a canny while then.

:(

That's all I can think of now we have Lovenkrands and Ranger has proven that he isn't out of his depth at this level.

Sounds about right. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Lovenkrands and Harewood are being looked at as auxillary wingers too.

Ranger has proven he can play wide left.

Guest Roger Kint

The good thing about Harewood is that he is a pretty big guy who can hold the ball up quite well, but he also has a good turn of pace also, which is desperately needed.

The bad side is somebody will need to pass to him and we dont create much at present.

The good thing about Harewood is that he is a pretty big guy who can hold the ball up quite well, but he also has a good turn of pace also, which is desperately needed.

The bad side is somebody will need to pass to him and we dont create much at present.

somebody also needs to pass to Carroll/Ranger. Harewood will able to do more with the ball than those two tbh

not of criticism of Ranger who's clearly a better natural footballer than Carroll, but not quite ready for the deep end just yet

Two Good Signings Harewood & Khizanishvili  O0

Get a playmaker as well and I think i'll dump custard in my pants.

Get ZZ out of retirement.

If that happened i would squirt shit out of all the pores in my body . He may be retired but would still rip the championship maybe 5 new arseholes.

If that happened i would squirt shit out of all the pores in my body . He may be retired but would still rip the championship maybe 5 new arseholes.

You'd just need ZZ and a goal keeper to get promotion.

Stunning player in my top 3 all the way

If that happened i would squirt s*** out of all the pores in my body . He may be retired but would still rip the championship maybe 5 new arseholes.

You'd just need ZZ and a goal keeper to get promotion.

Stunning player in my top 3 all the way

Agreed

We he ave got two decent playmakers in Barton and Guthrie, espescially the latter. What we need is a winger.