Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Stephen927

Campbell would want upwards of £30k a week, simply isn't value for money to pay that much to a central defender when you're in this division.

I wouldn't waste what would be a considerable amount of money per week, on a central defender. There simply isn't any need for Campbell at the minute, I'd sooner go after a striker who can manage to hit the back of the net with any kind of regularity.

Has the past month just been a dream?

In what respect?

"A lot of our defeats have been because of makeshift central defenders this season. "

Guest Stephen927

So what have we learned here children? If you score more goals than you concede you win the match. Now remember that.

Well, obviously.

Campbell would want upwards of £30k a week, simply isn't value for money to pay that much to a central defender when you're in this division.

If that central defender on £30k pw makes a significant contribution to getting promoted, surely that is value for money.  Add to that the fact that Taylor could learn a great deal, I'd say he would be a good signing for you.

i'd not be averse to signing sol campbell, he'd be able to mentor s. taylor a bit

On what? How to piss of the fans by signing for Sunderland?

In all seriousness, Campbell wouldn't come here to take a seat on the bench, and he isn't good enough to replace Coloccini or Taylor in the first Xl.

We should blast every pound around on a creative midfielder.

I'd much rather have two box to box midfielders in the centre of midfield at this level. Plus what would you define as a creative midfielder? A classic number 10? Someone in the Riquelme mode? How many teams in the history of the Championship/Division 1/Division 2 have ever actually had such a player playing for them? I would say not many at all. At this level give me a Rob Lee (although unearting someone as good as Lee is quite a task) any day of the week.

Don't we have two box to box midfielders in Smith and Nolan? I'd answer that myself but I don't want to run the risk of being accused of having a blatant agenda.

:lol:  :-*

Guest palnese

Some of the Arsenal youngsters could be worth a shot.

Welbeck and Gibson from Man Utd.

Someone like N'Gog if Liverpool sign a striker or two in January.

Delph maybe. Can't get a game at Villa atm

Gosling would be great, but Everton have a shitload of injuries so probably not.

Guest johny2k

We should blast every pound around on a creative midfielder.

definately agree. midfield has been the reason we've struggled for so long. I'd like to see someone who's comfortable carrying the ball further than 5 yards, and we're crying out for some pace in the team. we've got one of the best headers of the ball in Andy Carrol and I can barely remember a time this season when a winger has went to the byline and whipped a cross in.

i'd not be averse to signing sol campbell, he'd be able to mentor s. taylor a bit

In all seriousness, Campbell wouldn't come here to take a seat on the bench, and he isn't good enough to replace Coloccini or Taylor in the first Xl.

i agree to an extent, but we have to look at injuries and the fact that collo may well fuck off in jan.

Guest Stephen927

Andres D'Allessandro.

Just had a look at him on Wiki, I remember his time at Portsmouth, haven't heard much about him in the 3 years since..

On December 13 2008 it was reported on ESPN Deportes that the Los Angeles Galaxy had made a $10 million dollar offer to Internacional for D'Alesandro but was denied. Internacional vice president Fernando Carvalho was quoted; "The offer came from the Los Angeles Galaxy of the United States. I didn't even want to listen to the details. The offer was for more money than we paid for D'Alessandro, who arrived here for five million euros, but we want to keep the Argentinian." [6]

Bit out of our price range.

Before we continue talking about Beckford, we all know he is better atm than any of the strikers at NUFC right now.

Do we? Whats his games/goals compared to Ameobi this season? T

What is the games palyed & total goals for the season like (AKA at the real figures).

People touting Beckford, has he ever played in this league? Assuming he hasn't what's to say he will perform?

Early on his career but he only really started to get on the goal trail during his loan spell at Scunny. 57 league goals in 2 & a bit seasons in the league below sorts of make me think he can make the step up to the league above, this is the CCC were talking about not the PL.

People touting Beckford, has he ever played in this league? Assuming he hasn't what's to say he will perform?

I've watched him about 10 times at Elland Road over the last year, he'd easily get you 20 a season in the championship, i'd put my car on it. In the premiership however........

Guest Roger Kint

Before we continue talking about Beckford, we all know he is better atm than any of the strikers at NUFC right now.

Do we? Whats his games/goals compared to Ameobi this season? T

What is the games palyed & total goals for the season like (AKA at the real figures).

In 2005/06 ie Owens first season he got 7 in 10 games before injury. Are you suggesting that Marlon Harewood is a better player because he managed 14 in 37 games? ;D

I've watched him about 10 times at Elland Road over the last year, he'd easily get you 20 a season in the championship, i'd put my car on it. In the premiership however........

Weren't people saying the same thing about that kid at Swindon who went to WBA? Hasn't exactly set the league on fire has he?