Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Eidur Gudjohnnsen wants to leave Monaco in January to come to England.

Not that he'd come here, or that we'd go after him. Just thought I'd mention it.

So in other words, its completely irellevant :lol:

Not that he'd come here, or that we'd go after him. Just thought I'd mention it.

He has been absolutely shit for Monaco. His average rating over the season given by the two largest France newspapers is 3.57 and 3.29.

Yes.

I get the impression you do actually believe he'd be a plausible signing.

Yes.

I get the impression you do actually believe he'd be a plausible signing.

You get the wrong impression then.

Sure I read somewhere that his gambling problem is back and worse than ever, perhaps Monaco was not the most sensible place to move for someone with his issues

He has been absolutely s*** for Monaco. His average rating over the season given by the two largest France newspapers is 3.57 and 3.29.

French papers rate the players out of 5 though, so in effect that's 7.1 and 6.6 which isn't too bad.

He has been absolutely s*** for Monaco. His average rating over the season given by the two largest France newspapers is 3.57 and 3.29.

French papers rate the players out of 5 though, so in effect that's 7.1 and 6.6 which isn't too bad.

Nah it is out of 10 (L"Equipe  and France Football), he has been absolutely dire. His highest rating was a 5 in a 1-3 loss where he came on as a sub so I doubt it is out of 5. Didn't even make the bench for Monaco's last game. 0 goals 0 assists and 3 shots in 8 games.

I think Matty Etherington would be a pretty good signing if we go up. Got pace, can cross and create chances.

Otherwise we are crying out for a centre midfielder but unfortunately good ones don't come cheap. Would have said Bullard but he's crocked again. Will have to think about it.