Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

For this season, Routledge is EXACTLY what we need. and it sounds like he's going on the cheap as well, we'd be silly to just let him go to Boro.

Curtis Davies is way too good for this division....if we get him I think I'll go crazy.

We should of made the move for N'Guessan when he was at Lincoln, I like him. I would imagine he has good schooling at Auxerre & since leaving G.Rangers after not getting a chance he has proved himself. I have never really though of him as pacey though.

Caulkin has posted tomorrow's transfer section in The Times. It says Leon Best's contract is up in the summer and he's done alright this season. Worth a shot?

when ive seen him come on for ireland hes never seemed any good to me, having a decent season but a championship striker is about his limits i think

That Diggachoy (not the correct spelling but that's how you pronounce it) from Fulham hasn't been getting a game and needs minutes to get to the WC - worth a loan bid?

According to a South African football expert I heard on a podcast it's actually pronounced Deekashwah.

Know nothing about whether he would improve what we have in midfield though.

Best is pretty good in the championship.

To me he just reeks of Championship. A bit like Earnshaw. The kind of player you just associate with this division regardless of how much you know about them.

A bit like Williamson as well then.

Best is pretty good in the championship.

To me he just reeks of Championship. A bit like Earnshaw. The kind of player you just associate with this division regardless of how much you know about them.

A bit like Williamson as well then.

I hadn't heard of Williamson before he signed for Pompey - he's played most of his football in League 2 hasn't he?

Best just comes across to me as the archetypal Championship player, even though I know pretty much nothing about him, his age, his career, his playing style etc. Kinda like footballing snobbery.