Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Best is pretty good in the championship.

Lazy with bad attitude...occasionally good but more often than not,anonymous.

And i've definitely seen him more than you.

I'm sure you have. I was basing that purely on 3 televised games this season and his goals tally in a bad team.

andy cole at bristol city that.

Cole was always known as a raw talent but with pace and good finishing.Best isn't.

andy cole at bristol city that.

Cole was always known as a raw talent but with pace and good finishing.Best isn't.

Yes, he was even known in Spain as a promising English player. I perfectly remember how they ran a report on him in our "MOTD" way back when he was at Bristol, hosted by Julio Maldonado (how I remember that I don't know).

Keegan had no long term vision. He thought season to season.

Cole would not head a ball to save his life. KK was told to sell some players before he could start spending again. AC recorded a rap song and thought he was all that and a side of chips... and that was that.

KK was right incidentally. Cole won stuff with ManU but was not as good as he was when he played for us.

Cole didn't record that rap song till 99, 4 years after leaving us.

As for KK being right, we weren't ever really that entertaining again after Cole's departure. Had Cole lined up in a team with Ginola and Gillespie on the wings, he's have easily emulated his 41 goals in 93-94.

Didn't Cole have on-off injury problems with his shins at the time? I think Keegan may have reckoned that £6 million was a good price for a player whose fitness seemed dubious.

Plus he really rated Keith Gillespie. If he hadn't come in part exchange, I doubt whether the deal would have gone through.

You have to say it was a good move. Ferdinand replaced Cole and the team moved forward.

I'm sure you have. I was basing that purely on 3 televised games this season and his goals tally in a bad team.

He was awful against Scunny tbh, so not sure why you're basing your opinion on that game.