Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Moses isn't going to come to us.............but, he is the type of player that could be used to convince Ashley to spend.

He's young, coveted, potential to increase in value - I reckon Ashley would find the money for him. It's a favourable gamble - and he loves those.

For Moses to join us is a pretty good career move for him imo. Joining a team almost guaranteed for promotion, 90 mins every game and a 52,000 capacity stadium.

I heard an interview with Matt Jackson (Palace player) the other day and he was asked about Victor Moses.  He said that he had been advising him that he should move to a club where we would get to play regularly and not one of the top clubs at this stage of his career.  If he proves he is good enough, he would get there soon enough but with a lot more experience under his belt.  He was meaning the lower table Prem teams but I guess we would be the next best thing.

Simon Bird on Twitter says we only want Martin Taylor on loan and he's after a permanent move. As such, Leicester now favourites to sign him up.

I would like to see Newcastle put a bid in for Nathan Clyne with Crystal Palace struggling, looked a really good prospect for Palace last night

I've heard he's a player for the future, only 17. Would like to see Ashley go for some youngsters..

Clyne is a great player in real life and on FM.

I buy him on FM all the time for about £3m and I get bids of around £7.5m at the end of the season, not that I accept them.

Simon Bird on Twitter says we only want Martin Taylor on loan and he's after a permanent move. As such, Leicester now favourites to sign him up.

actually he says leicester cant afford wages watford favourites which is odd as they're skint too

just seen that Zidan has scored in the African nations semi final, not sure how he's playing but i've always been impressed with him,  good speedy striker that could do a good job for us,  not sure where he's playing now, he was at Hamburg last season but moved i think.

Guest MrSundlofer

just seen that Zidan has scored in the African nations semi final, not sure how he's playing but i've always been impressed with him,  good speedy striker that could do a good job for us,  not sure where he's playing now, he was at Hamburg last season but moved i think.

We must stay away from this player!  :frantic:

He's good, but not a team player. Very controversial.

We must stay away from this player!  :frantic:

He's good, but not a team player. Very controversial.

You're just jealous that he's better than his bald, French namesake  :razz:

When he was in Denmark he was practically allergic to passing the ball. Watch some compilations of him on a certain popular video site and it's incredible, he just runs and runs everytime :lol:

I love this part of his wiki page  :lol:

He is often referred to as the Egyptian Zinadine Zidane, due to his skill and namesake...but mostly his namesake.

Guest Heneage

When he was in Denmark he was practically allergic to passing the ball. Watch some compilations of him on a certain popular video site and it's incredible, he just runs and runs everytime :lol:

Aye he's bang on here, good player, but the term single minded and ball greedy is apt. Much like Zaki and Mido, good, but bat shit crazy.

As far as vaguely informative video compilations go, it's fantastic to watch. Seeing his dribbling and footwork against substandard Danish defenders is utterly superb, he just tears them to pieces.

The thing is he (obviously) hasn't been able to replicate that in Germany, which causes lots of problems having a player who's that ballgreedy.

Another centre-back would be good like, but i really wouldn't be against us getting a left-back instead. Especially if we're just looking at quick-fire loans for a bit of cover. We've got four excellent centre-backs for this standard of footy; i know Tayls is injured but i'd still say we're looking pretty comfy.

As far as vaguely informative video compilations go, it's fantastic to watch. Seeing his dribbling and footwork against substandard Danish defenders is utterly superb, he just tears them to pieces.

The thing is he (obviously) hasn't been able to replicate that in Germany, which causes lots of problems having a player who's that ballgreedy.

That happens to a lot of dribbling-based players. Not the same to piss all over Portuguese/Danish/Scottish/whatever defences than doing it on a top league.

Out of contract in the summer, in his early 30's would love a 3.5 year deal at Newcastle so can play football at his local team & live out of his boy done good mansion in Ponteland.

Guest icemanblue

Hughton said in his press conference this morning we're trying to sign a centre back and a left back today. Not the Honduran lad. My guess would be Taylor and Fox.

Jose out for a while? Or is he thinking of *gulp* cover?