Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

4 games, twice in the flesh. But as most know i'm not one to ignore the stats and 8 goals and 7 assists this season for that pile of shite suggests he'd do a good job in our team.

:thup:

Does he play as an out and out striker?

George Boyd would be worth going for imo. Shouldn't be too pricey either.

How much have you seen of him? Not disagreeing btw.

To be completely honest, not an awful lot. But I know he has a bit of flair about him- scored with a deft little backheel earlier this season - and he's amassed a total 11 goals in a pretty poor Peterborough side. Definitely more mobile and creative than Nolan and would fulfil the same sort of role. Good age as well, only 24, and would appease Chubs up in the boardroom if we can bring him in for a couple of million and perhaps sell Nolan for double that.

George Boyd would be worth going for imo. Shouldn't be too pricey either.

How much have you seen of him? Not disagreeing btw.

To be completely honest, not an awful lot. But I know he has a bit of flair about him- scored with a deft little backheel earlier this season - and he's amassed a total 11 goals in a pretty poor Peterborough side. Definitely more mobile and creative than Nolan and would fulfil the same sort of role. Good age as well, only 24, and would appease Chubs up in the boardroom if we can bring him in for a couple of million and perhaps sell Nolan for double that.

Cheers.

George Boyd is lovely footballer he plays out on the left mainly. I am not sure how people think he will be cheap as MacAnthony is not going to allow him to leave on the cheap, he knows the value of his players that is why McLean is not going anywhere quick as they are only going to sell at there asking price.

Smart fella MacAnthony he knows he is going to make millions off selling McLean, Boyd & Mackail-Smith all bought from non-league football. He has seen how much you can/will make. It was no surprise to see he replaced Ferguson jnr with Mark Cooper a non-league manager, they will swoop for a few non-league footballers in Jan.

This must be the first transfer window ever that I'm not looking forward to in any way whatsoever. Even in the summer when we signed nobody there was anticipation of the club being sold and new players coming in as a result. It opens in days and I couldn't give a toss.

This must be the first transfer window ever that I'm not looking forward to in any way whatsoever. Even in the summer when we signed nobody there was anticipation of the club being sold and new players coming in as a result. It opens in days and I couldn't give a toss.

Exactly the same as me. Can only sense another window of horror

What I don't get is that if we do have a tiny bit of money to spend, then why spend it on Kilgallon.  He's not better than Colo or Taylor (I assume) and it's clear that we have more pressing issues.

Aye, it only makes sense if we're planning on flogging one of those two to save on wages.

Be ludicrous to waste our little pennies on a reserve in Killgallon, would need replacing if we went up n all. We just need a cover def on loan IMO and spend cash (if we are going to) on a RM, CM or RB

We need a right winger, a centre mid and a striker imho. Btw don't rate guthrie at all this season. Loses the ball way to much and can't tackle to save his life. If we go up the midfield centre and right wing need revamped big style. Im quite happy with the left side if the right start attacking their wing backs.