Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

He can sign pre contract 1st April i beleive

I'm sure you can sign a pre-contract 6 months before your current deal expires.

Thats for players from other countries, domestic deals are 3 months i think

1st June

The Sun reckon we'll be after Lavezzi in the summer  ;D may as well bid for messi while we're at it

NEWCASTLE will target The Tank if they make it back to the Premier League.

The Championship table-toppers want Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Lavezzi, 24, will cost more than £5million.

But he will come with the backing of his Argentina team-mates Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, who are Toon favourites.

Lavezzi, nicknamed The Tank, has hit 17 goals in 77 games for Napoli and Newcastle have watched him play for club and country.

He said: "I want to speak with Napoli to see if there will be a chance to leave this summer."

LEEDS will make a £2million move for Sheffield United striker Jamie Ward if Jermaine Beckford leaves.

Beckford's goal knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup on Sunday and he is on the radar of several Premier League clubs, plus Newcastle.

Ward, 23, almost joined Leeds before his move from Chesterfield to the Blades a year ago.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2797605/Toon-in-hunt-for-Argie-Tank.html#ixzz0bsftRTJW

Guest Heneage

Don't be too shocked, his early promise has dwindled, something that's highlted by his average scoring record. He could be the new Bellamy though.

Guest palnese

The Sun reckon we'll be after Lavezzi in the summer  ;D may as well bid for messi while we're at it

But he will come with the backing of his Argentina team-mates Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, who are Toon favourites.

Lavezzi, nicknamed The Tank, has hit 17 goals in 77 games for Napoli and Newcastle have watched him play for club and country.

He said: "I want to speak with Napoli to see if there will be a chance to leave this summer."

LEEDS will make a £2million move for Sheffield United striker Jamie Ward if Jermaine Beckford leaves.

Beckford's goal knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup on Sunday and he is on the radar of several Premier League clubs, plus Newcastle.

Ward, 23, almost joined Leeds before his move from Chesterfield to the Blades a year ago.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2797605/Toon-in-hunt-for-Argie-Tank.html#ixzz0bsftRTJW

No shit :D

What a dream it would be if we are actually planning ahead and actually realise we will need a serious upgrade in talent if we go up.

We can only hope ...

Guest Stephen927

It's just the Sun making it up, as we have two Argentinians in the squad and he has said he wants to leave Napoli.

Giles Barnes if fit again but the sounds of it. He's been training with Birmingham City and they want to speak to him about his plans.

I still think (if fit) he could add that creative element that our midfield has been missing for much of the season.

16.25  Newcastle United are keen to sign Jerome Rothen according to Le Quotidien du Foot. Rothen has been on loan at Rangers from Paris St Germain, but has struggled to make an impression at Ibrox.

16.25  Newcastle United are keen to sign Jerome Rothen according to Le Quotidien du Foot. Rothen has been on loan at Rangers from Paris St Germain, but has struggled to make an impression at Ibrox.

Remember him ripping us a new batchpiece when he played for Troyes

If he signs he will be the player on my new replica shirt as his name is almost the same as mine  :lol:

Don't rate him highly btw.

If he signs he will be the player on my new replica shirt as his name is almost the same as mine  :lol:

Your name is Rotten?

Rother. So only one letter which is wrong.

More than £5m? IIRC Liverpool couldn't afford the £15m+ asking price last year. I don't see you spending that kind of money on one player if you come up.

Your name is Rotten?

Rother. So only one letter which is wrong.

You could just print it with your name and no one would notice the difference (except those who would print it maybe), smart move that

Yup. If we sign him I'll do - which I don't think we will.