Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/01/15/SOCCER_Man_City_Weiss.html&TEAMHD=soccer

He is a very canny player. Pretty sure there would be the possibility of a loan for next season too, since he has little chance of breaking into ManCity's XI at this time.

Would certainly like to see us sign him.

We need a right sided player and from what I've seen of him he could tear this division apart with his dribbling ability.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/01/15/SOCCER_Man_City_Weiss.html&TEAMHD=soccer

He is a very canny player. Pretty sure there would be the possibility of a loan for next season too, since he has little chance of breaking into ManCity's XI at this time.

Would certainly like to see us sign him.

We need a right sided player and from what I've seen of him he could tear this division apart with his dribbling ability.

I saw him play at Camp Nou during our preseason match against City and I was impressed. He can be something.

I doubt we will get anyone in other than Harewood and Zurab on loan. Whether they will be enough to sustain us to automatic promotion remains to be seen but if we lose to WBA and Forest continue playing as well as they are, my confidence in automatic promotion is diminishing.

Guest Heneage

Cissy is a t*** of the highest order. Plus his legs are made of glass. I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Such as? By all accounts he enjoyed his time in the region, and spent most of it in Newcastle.

Guest ST James

What's Djibril Cisse up to these days?

Dressing ridiculously, mainly.

Isn't he scoring for fun in Greece? Don't think you could get him as a CCC side though.

15 goals in 17 games according to Wikipedia. Doubt the world's fattest c*** would be prepared to fund a bid for him then

I'd rather we played Harper up front than buy that c***, no matter how good he is.

r u aving a laff

Guest toonlass

what about amr zaki dont know how much he will cost or if we can afford him but he looked good at wigan

Going to Hull isn't he? We'd never afford him anyway.

Another one who went missing after international games. Sounded like a risk to disrupting the dressing room with his lack of discipline to me.

NEWCASTLE TIPPED TO MOVE FOR OLD BOY CHOPRA

Caldwell can understand why Magpies want striker

CARDIFF CITY have been warned they could wreck their promotion charge if they offload their star men this month.

Hot-shot Michael Chopra and whizzkid Adam Matthews have both been tipped to leave to pay off the Bluebirds' tax bill.

Newcastle may move to bring home Geordie Chopra for £2million if they fail to land Leeds' Jermaine Beckford.

But Steven Caldwell, captain of the Burnley side that won promotion to the Premier League last season, reckons Cardiff's top- flight dream could fade if they sell their 13-goal marksman.

Caldwell, a former Newcastle team-mate of Chopra, said: "Losing Chops would be a massive blow for Cardiff.

"He's one of the best strikers in that division, guaranteed to get you more than 20 goals a season.

"If you're going for promotion it's crucial you don't break up your squad in the January transfer window.

"If you sell key players you can end up ruining the harmony in the dressing-room.

"I remember the relief we felt at Burnley last season when we got to February 1 without losing anyone."

Chopra, Cardiff's record buy at £3m, has also been linked with a move to Celtic. But the Magpies youth product might find a Tyneside homecoming impossible to resist.

Scotland defender Caldwell added: "I can see why Newcastle are thinking about bringing him back.

"But he'd be a huge loss for Cardiff."

Chopra made only 31 outings during his four-year spell at St James' Park.

The Magpies offered him a new deal but he turned it down and packed his bags for South Wales.

Caldwell said: "I was at Newcastle with Chops for a few years.

"It was very difficult for him to break into that side because Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Shola Ameobi and Lomano LuaLua were ahead of him.

"But it would be different for him if he went back to Newcastle now."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/exposed/682691/NEWCASTLE-TIPPED-TO-MOVE-FOR-OLD-BOY-CHOPRA.html

Chopra has proven that he can score goals in this division and if we signed purely to get us out of this league then, for £2m, the deal would make sense. His goals would get us up.

That said we'd still need to go out and get someone better for next season because he's simply not good enough to score goals regularly in the Premier League.

Chopra has proven that he can score goals in this division and if we signed purely to get us out of this league then, for £2m, the deal would make sense. His goals would get us up.

That said we'd still need to go out and get someone better for next season because he's simply not good enough to score goals regularly in the Premier League.

I agree on his past record in the Premier League. But the same was said about Bobby Zamora who came good eventually. Don't see the deal happening though.

I always rated Nedum Onuoha at Citeh, doesn't seem to be getting a look in there so might be worth a punt when we go back up.

He's injured, had a big injury coming into the season, played in the ones where he was fit then got injured again.

I always rated Nedum Onuoha at Citeh, doesn't seem to be getting a look in there so might be worth a punt when we go back up.

He's injured, had a big injury coming into the season, played in the ones where he was fit then got injured again.

I almost put an *awaits news of him being horribly injured* disclaimer at the bottom of my post.