Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

We'll need some place where to ship off Hleb again.

Do not want.

Huh!?!

I assumed it was sarcasm.

Probably. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on a forum.

I just really don't like Hleb. He's never impressed me, of course I wouldn't really be opposed to that, as he'd probably fit well enough here.

Can't stand him either. Always felt he wasn't good enough for Arsenal.

The ultimate walk the ball into the goal guy. Never crossed or shot the ball EVER! Unbelievably weak also and always going down. Also thinks he's better than he is.  Rubbish.

Absolutely dead on with that description.

Lazyarse and a twat, he's only talked smack about us since he left for Stuttgart, like it was everybody else's fault but him that he didn't make it.

But errmmmm... I was supposed to recommend his signing  :doh:

He would still be much better than anybody you have in your midfield.

Exactly

Do not want.

Huh!?!

I just really don't like Hleb. He's never impressed me, of course I wouldn't really be opposed to that, as he'd probably fit well enough here.

Really? He's a large class above anything we have.

I loved him when he was at Arsenal. Superb dribbler, excellent technique, intelligent and creative passer of the ball. He fitted Arsenal down to an absolute tee. Don't see how people could say he wasn't good enough for Arsenal when he was a regular in their side when they got to their only ever Champions League final.

Okay phyically he wasn't great and he seems to have an aversion to shooting but he's a certainly not a bad player ffs.

Talented player don't get me wrong. However, in every 90 mins of football he played, he was effective for maybe 10mins overall.

Particularly horrid on the wing, where he was usually played. Looked better when played just behind the front man.

Just not my cup of tea. He really wouldn't do well on a team with a bunch of average players either. Would have to be surrounded by a lot of other talent o be really worth it.

Do not want.

Huh!?!

Really? He's a large class above anything we have.

I loved him when he was at Arsenal. Superb dribbler, excellent technique, intelligent and creative passer of the ball. He fitted Arsenal down to an absolute tee. Don't see how people could say he wasn't good enough for Arsenal when he was a regular in their side when they got to their only ever Champions League final.

Okay phyically he wasn't great and he seems to have an aversion to shooting but he's a certainly not a bad player ffs.

Talented player don't get me wrong. However, in every 90 mins of football he played, he was effective for maybe 10mins overall.

Particularly horrid on the wing, where he was usually played. Looked better when played just behind the front man.

Just not my cup of tea. He really wouldn't do well on a team with a bunch of average players either. Would have to be surrounded by a lot of other talent o be really worth it.

To be honest I'd agree with the points you make there. He's definitely better 'in the hole' as to on out wide, natural wingplay is just not his game at all.

Like you say, he'd almost definitely be wasted playing in our team. At Arsenal he was surrounded by players that made use of his positive attributes, and likewise made up for his failings.

My opinions may be bias because I've been a fan of him since his time in Germany, but as far as technique and natural talent goes he's on another planet to anything we have at the moment.

The sort of player we'd absolutely tear to pieces whenever he doesn't try hard enough (which would be a lot), but would still be better than anyone else we've got even hardly trying.

Absolutely agree with that aswell.

I don't think i've ever disliked watching a player of his type - zippy/energetic/fast - so much as i did with Hleb. Lift your fucking head up. This was just for Arsenal btw, not a clue how he's done since.

That's from a neutral football fan point of view, incidentally. I'd of course have him here in a heartbeat.

Hleb is a really good player. End product isn't the best (needs coaching to shoot more often in particular) but everything else is spot on.

He was actually just hitting his best form when he left Arsenal & fucked his career up, he sould have known he wouldn't play every week at Barca.

I'd love to see him at Everton. Him with Arteta, Pienaar & Fellaini would just be sex.

reading in the mirror that despite lennon being injured arrys is more likely to give a debut to danny rose than play bentley would he be worth a cheeky loan bid? I know his attitude since moving to spurs has stunk but he does have talent and perhaps a fresh start at a new club maybe here might bring back that talent, probably delusional about that though or him coming here

There'd be about 10 premiership clubs who'd love to have Bentley on loan. Spurs probably want to sell him outright anyway.

aye probably but knowing levy he'll want to sell at close to 15m which they paid for him which no one in their right mind will pay

Hleb is a really good player. End product isn't the best (needs coaching to shoot more often in particular) but everything else is spot on.

He was actually just hitting his best form when he left Arsenal & f***ed his career up, he sould have known he wouldn't play every week at Barca.

I'd love to see him at Everton. Him with Arteta, Pienaar & Fellaini would just be sex.

Grand, here's our number: (34) 93 496 36 00

We also do gift packaging.

He was actually just hitting his best form when he left Arsenal & f***ed his career up, he sould have known he wouldn't play every week at Barca.

Grand, here's our number: (34) 93 496 36 00

We also do gift packaging.

which is , ironically, pompeys debt.

You've got Landycakes now, no need for him.

MAGPIES PUSHING FOR VAUGHAN MOVE

JAMES VAUGHAN is a target for Newcastle.

They wanted the Everton striker on loan, but Blues gaffer David Moyes insists he will only sell Vaughan for cash.

Now the Championship leaders are weighing up a £2.5million deal for him after being hit by Jermaine Beckford's decision to remain at Leeds for the remainder of his contract.

Chris Hughton wants to add a new striker to his squad this month and has been impressed by Vaughan's return to fitness.

The 21-year-old scored in consecutive games last month against Burnley and Carlisle.

From the Screws

Is it time for Maylor to sign up:

TOON TURNING TO TAYLOR

City stopper is alternative to Williamson

NEWCASTLE have turned to Birmingham defender Martin Taylor after their move for Portsmouth's Mike Williamson hit complications.

Toon chiefs thought they had pushed through a £925,000 deal for the 26-year-old Williamson.

But Portsmouth's dire financial situation means that by the time they pay back Watford what they owed on a player they signed for £3million last summer as well as an agreed add-on fee, they would actually have LOST money.

There have been attempts to resurrect the deal but, in the meantime, Taylor is being considered as an alternative.

Toon boss Chris Hughton is a fan of 6ft 4in Geordie Taylor, who was born in Cramlington, but will have to offer more than just a loan deal - Leicester have already dangled a two-and-a-half year contract.

Newcastle need reinforcements in defence because Steven Taylor has a knee problem and they lost out on Matthew Kilgallon to North-East rivals Sunderland.

The Magpies' new-found frailties at the back were highlighted in the 4-2 FA Cup defeat at West Brom.

From the Screws.