Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Is it time for Maylor to sign up:

TOON TURNING TO TAYLOR

City stopper is alternative to Williamson

NEWCASTLE have turned to Birmingham defender Martin Taylor after their move for Portsmouth's Mike Williamson hit complications.

Toon chiefs thought they had pushed through a £925,000 deal for the 26-year-old Williamson.

But Portsmouth's dire financial situation means that by the time they pay back Watford what they owed on a player they signed for £3million last summer as well as an agreed add-on fee, they would actually have LOST money.

There have been attempts to resurrect the deal but, in the meantime, Taylor is being considered as an alternative.

Toon boss Chris Hughton is a fan of 6ft 4in Geordie Taylor, who was born in Cramlington, but will have to offer more than just a loan deal - Leicester have already dangled a two-and-a-half year contract.

Newcastle need reinforcements in defence because Steven Taylor has a knee problem and they lost out on Matthew Kilgallon to North-East rivals Sunderland.

The Magpies' new-found frailties at the back were highlighted in the 4-2 FA Cup defeat at West Brom.

From the Screws.

Club in 'losing money on a transfer' shock. Like it never happens to anyone else.  :rolleyes:

Mackem Fan on about loaning Curtis Davies out:

O'Neill said: "I wouldn't be in a position to loan out players at this stage of the season. The reason is that if Celtic wanted him we would have to loan him for the whole season.

"While it would be great for the younger players to go out for a month we may need Curtis here at Villa.

"Things can happen, so a loan would be absolutely out of the question."

From the Screws

Former England star Alan Smith is the key figure in a Newcastle move for Blackburn midfielder Keith Andrews.

Toon boss Chris Hughton has been given the go-ahead by owner Mike Ashley to bid for the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland defensive midfielder.

But Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce will ask his former club for skipper Smith in part exchange. ­Allardyce is a big admirer of the Leeds-born star and paid Manchester United £6million to take him to Newcastle in 2007.

Smith has been a revelation for Newcastle in his midfield role this season and Hughton would not want to lose him. But the fact the Yorkshireman is on £60,000 a week might persuade Ashley – keen to slash the Toon wage bill – a swap is good business.

The Toon owner is also looking to ship out another £60,000-a-week player Geremi when he returns from the African Nations Cup.

From S.Mirror

My old PE teacher's best mate. Wonder if he knows anything.

I would imagine he would. Do you keep in touch with your old PE teacher

Nah, but I know a few people who will. I'll see what I can find out.

Former England star Alan Smith is the key figure in a Newcastle move for Blackburn midfielder Keith Andrews.

Toon boss Chris Hughton has been given the go-ahead by owner Mike Ashley to bid for the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland defensive midfielder.

But Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce will ask his former club for skipper Smith in part exchange. ­Allardyce is a big admirer of the Leeds-born star and paid Manchester United £6million to take him to Newcastle in 2007.

Smith has been a revelation for Newcastle in his midfield role this season and Hughton would not want to lose him. But the fact the Yorkshireman is on £60,000 a week might persuade Ashley – keen to slash the Toon wage bill – a swap is good business.

The Toon owner is also looking to ship out another £60,000-a-week player Geremi when he returns from the African Nations Cup.

From S.Mirror

" a  revelation"  revelations was the book in the bible that describes the end of days wasn't it ?

If we brought in Martin Taylor, then went for Maik Taylor and Matty Taylor, we could line up:

Taylor

Taylor  Taylor  Taylor  Taylor

:lol:

Phil "the power" is meant to be a decent holding midfielder aswell

Nah I've already got someone quite special to play there

Taylor

Taylor  Taylor  Taylor  Taylor

Butt

Taylor        Taylor      Taylor

Taylor  Taylor

Can anyone put a team of Taylors together? All have to  have played 1st team football at PL or FL level.

FAO KEEFAZ: You did the Goalie challenge....can you do a squad full of Taylors challenge?

There are 21 people with the surname Taylor in my PFA Footballers Who's Who 2007-08.

I don't have a more recent version.

Can anyone put a team of Taylors together? All have to  have played 1st team football at PL or FL level.

FAO KEEFAZ: You did the Goalie challenge....can you do a squad full of Taylors challenge?

my guess would be yes.