Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Hughton said in his press conference this morning we're trying to sign a centre back and a left back today. Not the Honduran lad. My guess would be Taylor and Fox.

Jose out for a while? Or is he thinking of *gulp* cover?

We've been after left back cover for a while, I think the way Kadar has filled out he's a centre back primarily now, he doesn't look lean enough to be a full back, likewise with Williamson. Sure they can cover there but if Enrique's out for a month that's 5 games or so, I think we'll be in the market for a young left back to back up Enrique in the long run

Guest icemanblue

Hughton said in his press conference this morning we're trying to sign a centre back and a left back today. Not the Honduran lad. My guess would be Taylor and Fox.

We've been after left back cover for a while, I think the way Kadar has filled out he's a centre back primarily now, he doesn't look lean enough to be a full back, likewise with Williamson. Sure they can cover there but if Enrique's out for a month that's 5 games or so, I think we'll be in the market for a young left back to back up Enrique in the long run

Yeah, I understand the intention. I just can't believe we're 'planning' like that.

Yeah, I understand the intention. I just can't believe we're 'planning' like that.

In your face.

Only joking.

Guest icemanblue

In your face.

Only joking.

:lol: I meant 'can't believe' as in, 'I can't believe Ashley is spending money', btw.

Skysports.com understands Stoke and Newcastle are eyeing moves for Norwegian star Erik Huseklepp.

Huseklepp is regarded as one of the best players in Scandinavia and a number clubs across Europe have been keeping tabs on his situation.

The likes of Liverpool, Sunderland, Blackburn and Wigan have been credited with an interest in the attacking midfielder, but Stoke and Newcastle are thought to be leading the chase for the 25-year-old.

Stoke and Newcastle are both keen to bolster their attacking options before the close of the transfer window and the fact that Huseklepp can play out wide or up front makes him an attractive proposition to both clubs.

Huseklepp is currently in pre-season training with Brann in Spain and the Norwegians would find it hard to resist a sizeable offer for the skilful attacker.

The Norwegian international is believed to be keen on a move to England and it remains to be seen if either Stoke or Newcastle step up their interest with a firm offer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5893423,00.html

Skysports.com understands Stoke and Newcastle are eyeing moves for Norwegian star Erik Huseklepp.

Huseklepp is regarded as one of the best players in Scandinavia and a number clubs across Europe have been keeping tabs on his situation.

The likes of Liverpool, Sunderland, Blackburn and Wigan have been credited with an interest in the attacking midfielder, but Stoke and Newcastle are thought to be leading the chase for the 25-year-old.

Stoke and Newcastle are both keen to bolster their attacking options before the close of the transfer window and the fact that Huseklepp can play out wide or up front makes him an attractive proposition to both clubs.

Huseklepp is currently in pre-season training with Brann in Spain and the Norwegians would find it hard to resist a sizeable offer for the skilful attacker.

The Norwegian international is believed to be keen on a move to England and it remains to be seen if either Stoke or Newcastle step up their interest with a firm offer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5893423,00.html

:frantic:

Is this Ashley trying to make dam sure of promotion or is he looking longer term and thinking about keeping us.

He can't sell a Championship club with no decent players, which is what we'll be if we don't go up.

Remember how he completely refused to speculate to accumulate last season? He's clearly willing to do it if it means he stands to make more money out of our sale.

not really realisitic or even for january but theres a kid at anderlecht ripping up a bit of a storm over there right now. Romelu Lukaku. 16yrs old, big, strong,good technique and an eye for goal (11gls in 18app...including one tonight)

not really realisitic or even for january but theres a kid at anderlecht ripping up a bit of a storm over there right now. Romelu Lukaku. 16yrs old, big, strong,good technique and an eye for goal (11gls in 18app...including one tonight)

'

Great goal tonight, watching the game he reminds me of Dorgba, but hell he's not 16, something went wrong with the papers and he'll befinished byt he time he's 22 like Geremi!

Guest Roger Kint

'

Great goal tonight, watching the game he reminds me of Dorgba, but hell he's not 16, something went wrong with the papers and he'll befinished byt he time he's 22 like Geremi!

Got him for Newcastle on FM10, quality :coolsmiley:

'

Is he the one who wants to go to Chelsea because Drogba is his idol?  His father is insisting he finishes his education first.

'

Is he the one who wants to go to Chelsea because Drogba is his idol?  His father is insisting he finishes his education first.

dunno about that but i hope he contuinues on the way he is. all too often kids burst on the scene like this then disappear by their tewenties.

edit...its the third time i've seen him play and he doesn't remind me much of drogba.........more like when emile heskey first broke through at leicester (and thats not as stupid as it sounds)

Back to Vaughn on loan then?

Another striker wont help us in the slightest though, given the s*** in the middle of the field we have.

What's the point? Hughton'd be too scared to play him. Would just be a pal for Lovenkrands on the bench.

Another striker wont help us in the slightest though, given the shit in the middle of the field we have.

Not true at all. These draws recently - besides today seeing as we never made an attempt to actually score - have been because we've had no one to put the thing in the net.

Another striker wont help us in the slightest though, given the s*** in the middle of the field we have.

Not true at all. These draws recently - besides today seeing as we never made an attempt to actually score - have been because we've had no one to put the thing in the net.

Aye because they were all sat on the bench.