Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

we got 1/5 of the points needed for promotion:):):)

80 points won't see us promoted tbh. Play-off perhaps but we need 90+ to go up automatically.

18x5=? :D

We've only got 16 points man. :lol:

ooh, 19x5 at wednesday then:)

80 points won't see us promoted tbh. Play-off perhaps but we need 90+ to go up automatically.

NNNGGGHHH!!!1!11  :crazy2:

Are we the only team still unbeaten in the league?

It was a great result. How anyone can say it was a great performance is beyond me.

:facepalm:

But that's what you need in this division, that standard will see you go up.

Aye, Cardiff had the better of it overall, but what real work did Harper actually have?

Wouldn't they be better off using a bigger bus?

It was a great result. How anyone can say it was a great performance is beyond me.

:facepalm:

But that's what you need in this division, that standard will see you go up.

Aye, Cardiff had the better of it overall, but what real work did Harper actually have?

My point entirely.  :thup:

Right just got home (was posting on my phone through boredom on the journey home...can't be arsed with typing too much on it though).

A few thoughts: we were very average but we were good enough. We didn't create much after scoring, but neither did they. Bar the move that led to Smith's red I didn't once feel we were really in danger of conceding in the second half. No-one played particularly well, and no-one (apart, perhaps, from Barton) was particularly poor. Worst performance I've seen us give this year and we've got a win at what was touted as being about as tough as it gets in this league.

We'll need to improve, but we'll play a lot better than that this year.

Didn't particularly like the stadium mind, seemed a bit spacious for the number of seats. I like being crammed in when in the away end, but we felt a bit spread out which contributed to the atmosphere being nothing special. Decent, but no more than that.

Highlight of the game for me was when we started singing 'Robson wonderland' in the second half; half of the Cardiff fans rose to applaud it, and they all showed their appreciation. Hairs on the back of the neck for me. Still really enjoying this season.

Right just got home (was posting on my phone through boredom on the journey home...can't be arsed with typing too much on it though).

A few thoughts: we were very average but we were good enough. We didn't create much after scoring, but neither did they. Bar the move that led to Smith's red I didn't once feel we were really in danger of conceding in the second half. No-one played particularly well, and no-one (apart, perhaps, from Barton) was particularly poor. Worst performance I've seen us give this year and we've got a win at what was touted as being about as tough as it gets in this league.

We'll need to improve, but we'll play a lot better than that this year.

Didn't particularly like the stadium mind, seemed a bit spacious for the number of seats. I like being crammed in when in the away end, but we felt a bit spread out which contributed to the atmosphere being nothing special. Decent, but no more than that.

Highlight of the game for me was when we started singing 'Robson wonderland' in the second half; half of the Cardiff fans rose to applaud it, and they all showed their appreciation. Hairs on the back of the neck for me. Still really enjoying this season.

Lush post

Nah. It's us, West Brom, Preston and Sheff Utd iirc

We cant assume though that the oppositions always going to miss their chances.

The best form of defence is to keep the ball in the first place, we have the ability to do that easily. Instead we risked not getting 3 points several times needessly, when it was apparent from the start we could have bossed the game. It turned out well, but no point pretending it was all perfect.

Having said that, i reckon that'll be our worse performance in a while.

Tightest back line at least?

Ranger was frustrating to watch. One minute, he was holding it up, using his strength, the next... he was floating about the left wing looking totally lost. There was one incident in the 2nd half where there was a cross from the right pulled back, begging for someone to arrive and tap it in for 2-0... but Ranger was nowhere near. Frighteningly simple common sense I'd say. But, don't want to be too harsh on him.

Ranger was frustrating to watch. One minute, he was holding it up, using his strength, the next... he was floating about the left wing looking totally lost. There was one incident in the 2nd half where there was a cross from the right pulled back, begging for someone to arrive and tap it in for 2-0... but Ranger was nowhere near. Frighteningly simple common sense I'd say. But, don't want to be too harsh on him.

Interestingly hasn't looked to have a goalscorers instinct in the very little we've seen of him so far. Done a cracking job leading the line on his own mind, worked his bollocks off and there's plenty in his game to offer hope.

Interestingly hasn't looked to have a goalscorers instinct in the very little we've seen of him so far. Done a cracking job leading the line on his own mind, worked his bollocks off and there's plenty in his game to offer hope.

That's the thing - certain aspects of his play are mature, considerably beyond his years. Wish he was a bit more direct though in terms of having a pop at goal, he seems scared to shoot at times.

Thought he was blowing out of his arse after an hour tbh. To be expected playing as a lone striker away from home and he put a shift in but he looked completely fucked.

He may even be human.  :kasper:

Yeah, you've got your own teams probems to worry about.  :)

That's the thing - certain aspects of his play are mature, considerably beyond his years. Wish he was a bit more direct though in terms of having a pop at goal, he seems scared to shoot at times.

Not sure he even got half a chance to shoot today, had one fairly audacious effort against leicester. I'm looking forward to seeing him playing alongside a fit Lovenkrands, should help him a lot having some movement nearby. The closest he got today was that fat bastard Nolan getting within 20 yards.

Thought he was blowing out of his arse after an hour tbh. To be expected playing as a lone striker away from home and he put a shift in but he looked completely fucked.

He may even be human.  :kasper:

His work-rate was fantastic, yeah. Possibly to be expected with him being young, up for it, and all that.

Good try Messi btw.

Don't know how you can criticise him tbh, he was a lone striker and ran his socks off as much as he could...I'm sure you can let him off one cut-back. At the end of the day we should have three or four in the box in those situations but there was only one about 16 yards out.

Tightest back line at least?

Yup, top with only one goal conceded. Closest to us is the Boro with 3.

Not sure he even got half a chance to shoot today, had one fairly audacious effort against leicester. I'm looking forward to seeing him playing alongside a fit Lovenkrands, should help him a lot having some movement nearby. The closest he got today was that fat bastard Nolan getting within 20 yards.

The problem is that he has gone from a regular reserves player to first team player over night and was called upon for a lone strike role.  If he was playing in a pair upfront he would have done better.  He lacks the experience to play the lone striker (not that we have anyone else at the moment who can do the job).

Point is here, lay off Ranger.  It's early days.