Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Chuffed with the win - Ranger's looking better by the game. Barton did pretty much fuck all but run around as did Lovenkrandz. Guthrie and Nolan worked hard in the middle and cut off a number of their plays, but began to look a little fatigued at around 60minutes - kept on going 'til the end though. Smith was brilliant again but probably deserved the sending off. Ryan Taylor worked hard and put some good balls into the box. Simpson looks like he is loving first team football, and loving playing for us. Coloccini had one of his best games I've seen him play in a toon top and Taylor made some good blocks and 'put-offs'. Harper came out to collect the majority of things but had fairly little to do. Finally, Jose Enrique bossed the left flank, and showed his class.

All in all, a good solid team performance, and an even better three-points.

They're doing their best and doing us proud...that's all we wanted last year - a bit of unity and fight. It's nice to see. Credit to our 2,000 down there today too, made plenty noise which was great to hear once our lads on the pitch silenced their crowd.

"You're not famous anymore!" Okay then chaps, that's why your first sell out crowd was against us and that's why we're constantly being televised. Cardiff City? Aye, because your the Manchester United of the past aren't you....

Chuffed with the win - Ranger's looking better by the game. Barton did pretty much f*** all but run around as did Lovenkrandz. Guthrie and Nolan worked hard in the middle and cut off a number of their plays, but began to look a little fatigued at around 60minutes - kept on going 'til the end though. Smith was brilliant again but probably deserved the sending off. Ryan Taylor worked hard and put some good balls into the box. Simpson looks like he is loving first team football, and loving playing for us. Coloccini had one of his best games I've seen him play in a toon top and Taylor made some good blocks and 'put-offs'. Harper came out to collect the majority of things but had fairly little to do. Finally, Jose Enrique bossed the left flank, and showed his class.

All in all, a good solid team performance, and an even better three-points.

They're doing their best and doing us proud...that's all we wanted last year - a bit of unity and fight. It's nice to see. Credit to our 2,000 down there today too, made plenty noise which was great to hear once our lads on the pitch silenced their crowd.

"You're not famous anymore!" Okay then chaps, that's why your first sell out crowd was against us and that's why we're constantly being televised. Cardiff City? Aye, because your the Manchester United of the past aren't you....

this is totally off the top of my head but......1927...our last league title.......their last/only major trophy, FA cup.

Good result of course, but still a bit frustrating, because we wasted a lot of possession.

Nolan seemed to have taken over Butt's role of hanging on to the ball too long and then playing a team mate into trouble. Guthrie couldn't find a role.

It seems a bit of a waste to have Barton wide left. He did okay, but he's our best passer and I'd like to see him more central asap.

On the bright side, I thought Ranger did very well considering he was having to make everything happen on his own. I just hope we get promoted this season, because otherwise we'll probably lose him.

For our best passer, Barton hardly found a team-mate all bloody match.

A few went astray, but he's still our best passer. Sometimes the execution was poor, but sometimes I felt the receiver failed to anticipate. They were flat-footed instead of running into space.

Good result of course, but still a bit frustrating, because we wasted a lot of possession.

Nolan seemed to have taken over Butt's role of hanging on to the ball too long and then playing a team mate into trouble. Guthrie couldn't find a role.

It seems a bit of a waste to have Barton wide left. He did okay, but he's our best passer and I'd like to see him more central asap.

On the bright side, I thought Ranger did very well considering he was having to make everything happen on his own. I just hope we get promoted this season, because otherwise we'll probably lose him.

A few went astray, but he's still our best passer. Sometimes the execution was poor, but sometimes I felt the receiver failed to anticipate. They were flat-footed instead of running into space.

and their wasnt much exactly to aim at. also i do feel his reputation precedes him, alan smith did a hell of a lot worse than him before getting booked than barton did.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Should we continue our form into January and get new owners, I predict some very exciting signings in January. Players will view us as Premier league certainties and be more than happy to spend a few months in the championship

and their wasnt much exactly to aim at. also i do feel his reputation precedes him, alan smith did a hell of a lot worse than him before getting booked than barton did.

All our players were wasteful in possession, but I've rarely seen a player's misdirect/misweight so many passes as Barton managed today.

All our players were wasteful in possession, but I've rarely seen a player's misdirect/misweight so many passes as Barton managed today.

would of been ten times worse if butt/ Geremi had started, but it did remind me of how bad last season was, no where near good enough, but it was still an improvement

Even though he scored today I am not worried about Colo going.

Aye... i can't see him going like. We'll demand a fairly hefty fee and his wages are probably daft. Same reasons why he didn't go in the summer, really. I don't like him but it would be pretty bad if he did... we're perilously short at centre-back. Desperately hope we get another centre-back in during this little loan period.

Should we continue our form into January and get new owners, I predict some very exciting signings in January. Players will view us as Premier league certainties and be more than happy to spend a few months in the championship

Wishful thinking unfortunately.

If we're top and clear and playing well then I'd like to think that everyone would want to be part of it and stay on til May. Can't say for certain Jonas and Coloccini would stay, particularly if Maradona stops picking them for Argentina, but that's a chance we have to take.

Pleased with how it's going so far but we can't get complacent. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:rolleyes:

Unlikely