Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

For all the talk of this being an acid test, where Cardiff are one of the best teams in the divison and will stretch us to the limit, was a load of rubbish. This lot were just as abject as the other teams in the league we've rolled over with relative ease.

Chopra was rubbish, his shots from the freekicks were all straight into the wall and he only got free from Colo once, and the lad skied the chance. I wasn't that worried anyway if that little shit and the nomadic Bothroyd were the threat up front.

Coloccini, Simpson, Steven Taylor and Enrique all had good games, especially Colo. Ranger was alright but never looked like scoring, Nolan was awful and the rest of our midfield had good and bad patches throughout the game. The introduction of Butt didn't really fuck up our play like I thought it would.

Positives: Three points, clean sheet, top of the league, unbeaten

Negatives: Smith suspended = Butt starts vs Blackpool :(

Sums it up preeety good :thup:

that's basically what you said to me when I declared my pessemism after the Boro game in April........

Sorry... did I say we were staying up or something? Please post the link where I have said, or implied, that everything was going to be OK.

Shit craic mate and full of fail.

Me expressing an opinion like everyone else that it was a lucky win has certainly got you exercised though. I would back off if i were you, one click of my fingers and Dave will delete you.

I got myself "exercised", did I? Is that why you started throwing needless insults?

It's obvious that you're one of those saddos on here (and on the internet) that care greatly about their "messageboard reputation". :rolleyes: Stop being so insecure and touchy.

What's with you and Dave, anyway? :lol:

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is fuck all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

Eh? :lol: So you won't be happy if we get out of this league by winning ugly?

You're quoting Ronaldo and me but speaking to one person. Thick as mince, this all started because you assumed i didnt enjoy the win because i posted 'lucky win'. Which it was. It is therefore perfectly justifiable to call you stupid.

As for being a saddo, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist because i thought we were lucky to win. Which we were.

No, Einstein Jnr, I'm quoting you and ronaldo and speaking to two persons. Simple maths, cunt.

Ronaldo wasnt speaking to you, so why ask him to quote you when he was speaking to me?

Been called a twat and a cunt by you now and yet i'm right about your stupidity.

What the fuck are you on about? ronaldo was quoting me. Keep up, stupid cunt.

This is a forum, anyway. Get it?!

FFS...what a waste of time you are. :lol:

that's basically what you said to me when I declared my pessemism after the Boro game in April........

Sorry... did I say we were staying up or something? Please post the link where I have said, or implied, that everything was going to be OK.

s*** craic mate and full of fail.

Me expressing an opinion like everyone else that it was a lucky win has certainly got you exercised though. I would back off if i were you, one click of my fingers and Dave will delete you.

I got myself "exercised", did I? Is that why you started throwing needless insults?

It's obvious that you're one of those saddos on here (and on the internet) that care greatly about their "messageboard reputation". :rolleyes: Stop being so insecure and touchy.

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is f*** all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

You're quoting Ronaldo and me but speaking to one person. Thick as mince, this all started because you assumed i didnt enjoy the win because i posted 'lucky win'. Which it was. It is therefore perfectly justifiable to call you stupid.

As for being a saddo, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist because i thought we were lucky to win. Which we were.

No, Einstein Jnr, I'm quoting you and ronaldo and speaking to two persons. Simple maths, c***.

Ronaldo wasnt speaking to you, so why ask him to quote you when he was speaking to me?

Been called a t*** and a c*** by you now and yet i'm right about your stupidity.

to be fair, regarding the Boro game I was speaking to him.

:idiot2:

s*** craic mate and full of fail.

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is f*** all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

No, Einstein Jnr, I'm quoting you and ronaldo and speaking to two persons. Simple maths, c***.

Been called a t*** and a c*** by you now and yet i'm right about your stupidity.

to be fair, regarding the Boro game I was speaking to him

even ronaldo is getting it, Chez. :lol:

Not sure how the fuck people put that performance in the awful bracket.

They are supposed to be one of of our main rivals this year, we won 1-0, Harper hardly had a save to make and they did not really put us under any real pressure - okay spells.

Some people on here need to wake up, we got relegated last season because a result like today was totally beyond our means. 

I personally think its a great performance.  Another clean sheet, an away win and we are top of the table.

We have an inbalanced squad and a very small one at that, with players out of natural position.  Give them a break for fuck sake.

They are supposed to be one of of our main rivals this year, we won 1-0, Harper hardly had a save to make and they did not really put us under any real pressure - okay spells.

Some people on here need to wake up, we got relegated last season because a result like today was totally beyond our means. 

I personally think its a great performance.  Another clean sheet, an away win and we are top of the table.

We have an inbalanced squad and a very small one at that, with players out of natural position.  Give them a break for fuck sake.

Think that's just as much of an over-reaction tbh. We were very good as a team defensively today, but equally we didn't use the ball well when we had it. No one's arguing it wasn't a good result, but we could have executed the attack side of it a lot better, and by that I don't mean dominating the game, I just mean countering effectively. No harm in pointing that out is there?

Harper 5 - Nothing to do for large parts but flapped at some pretty standard crosses, considering how solid he's looked in the previous match it was a pretty nervy performance.

Simpson 6 - Steady again, nothing special but did a job.

Taylor 6 - Will get stick for the hand ball but though he was alright, pretty solid for the most part.

Coloccini 6 - Very good performance for the most part but made too very unnecessery and rash lunges towards the latter stages of the game one of which put Smith in a situation where he got himself sent off.

Enrique 6 - Alright at the back seemed hesitant going forward.

Taylor 5 - Did a lot of nothing really, decent ball in for the goal.

Barton 5 - Poor again with the odd flash of potential.

Smith 6 - Put in another important shift in but needs to calm his ass down.

Guthrie 4 - Was he on the pitch? Really need to get him central.

Nolan4  - See Guthrie minus the excuse.

Ranger 5 - Held up the odd ball but drifted off far too much and is the guy really that afraid to have a dig? Jesus. Felt sorry for him playing up front with no support but he showed absoltely no strikers instinct today. At times balls were coming into the box and he was no where to be seen.

Overall average performance today to say the very least but it's three points in the bag. We need to improve.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Maybe Hughton will play Barton and Guthrie in the middle of the park for the next match.

Extremely unlikely.

R.Taylor       Butt         Barton       Guthrie

Next match...Absolutely nailed on. Butt just walks into the team with Hughton regardless of how he plays

Guest sicko2ndbest

My take on todays performance:

We played well in the opening stages. It is obvious to me that teams are in awe of us, and give us a lot of respect.

We took our foot off the gas after the goal

We are void of quality from wide areas.

We keep the ball well.

We die for the cause in defensive areas which shows a real solidarity.

Nile needs support. I think Loven will be a good foil for Shola/Nile

We are still void of the door opening quality that was apparant last season. We just have inferior opponents which means we can get away with it for this season.

Our back 5 look solid as hell

We are yeat to get out of 3rd gear and we are cruising our way to promotion. Long may it continue

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper- 6- Decent performance. Collected a few corners well

Simpson- 7- Solid performance again.

Taylor- 6- Average game, was pretty solid though.

Coloccini- 6- Solid at the back minus a couple of little mistakes, has improved a lot since the start of the season. Good header to score.

Enrique- 6- Decent game, pretty solid defensively.

R.Taylor- 6- Average performance, good cross for the goal though

Smith- 7- Put in a lot of effort but it was just a matter of time before his second yellow. Needs to learn when and when not to get stuck in.

Barton- 5- Misplaced a lot of passes, a few good moments

Guthrie- 5- Anonymous for most of the game, but was lost out wide.

Nolan- 4- Pretty poor game. Anonymous and looked unfit.

Ranger- 5- Held the ball up okayish but was hesitant to get in the box and drifted out far too much. He looked a bit tired (Perhaps from the U19 stuff in mid week) but to give him his due it was hard though as the lone striker

Subs-

Lovenkrands- 6- Did alright, showed glimpses of his blistering pace but didn't get any support or balls played to him. With Jonas and Ameobi back he could do well

Butt- 5- Gave the ball away a couple of times

Geremi- 6- Didn't see much of him, managed to take pressure of the defence in stoppage time by carrying the ball away which gives him a 6

can we go the whole season doing this (stopping the oppo and creating nowt but relying on the oppo to be very poor at the back) for the whole season ?

i've seen nothing yet to make me think otherwise.

We are also relying on the opposition to be very poor up front as well and to be fair they usually oblige.

can we go the whole season doing this (stopping the oppo and creating nowt but relying on the oppo to be very poor at the back) for the whole season ?

i've seen nothing yet to make me think otherwise.

We are also relying on the opposition to be very poor up front as well and to be fair they usually oblige.

true.

Guest Andover Bluebird

Thought you deserved to win today. You took the game to us in the first 20 minutes, got the goal and shut up shop. A very professional performance.  I thought the ref was a total pr1ck who was far too inconsistent. Booked Enrique for his first foul yet let Smith get away with numerous niggly fouls.  He could have awarded us at least 1 pen but he chose not too.

Well done to your fans. They helped to create a good atmosphere.

Good luck for the rest of the season-especially against our 2 inbred neighbours.  I'm sure if you keep your squad together you will walk promotion.

Some baffling comments on here,  can't believe people are saying we were awful/crap.  I'd say we've just went to one of the so called best teams in the league,  who are always strong at home and done a top top professional job on the them with an excellent defensive display.  We started really well, took the lead and then sat back with 2 banks of 4 and said come on then break us down if your good enough and they've barely threatened Harpers goal.  It wasn't even like it was backs to the wall last ditch defending they rarely got into a shooting oportunity in the box.  Off the top of my head i can think of Rae's shot over just after we scored, Burke's shot which Harper saved comfortably and the penalty shout when Taylor blocked Chopras shot.

Yes it would've been great to go there and blow them away with a scintilating football display but we went there to win a game of football and did it well.

Smith was tremendous sitting in front of the 2 centre halfs,  Jose totally snuffed out of the creative threat of Burke, don't think Burke got past him all game, Joe Ledley is meant to be the best midfielder in the CCC but our midfielders never gave him a kick and young Ranger had another decent game up front on his own.  Yes we weren't that good going forward but we were leading the game and didn't need to bomb forward going for a 2nd.

If this is the kind of reaction from people on here after a 1-0 away win against one of the best teams in the league then god help us when we do get beat.  Some people on here want to give there heads a shake and look at the big picture.

Some baffling comments on here,  can't believe people are saying we were awful/crap.  I'd say we've just went to one of the so called best teams in the league,  who are always strong at home and done a top top professional job on the them with an excellent defensive display.  We started really well, took the lead and then sat back with 2 banks of 4 and said come on then break us down if your good enough and they've barely threatened Harpers goal.  It wasn't even like it was backs to the wall last ditch defending they rarely got into a shooting oportunity in the box.  Off the top of my head i can think of Rae's shot over just after we scored, Burke's shot which Harper saved comfortably and the penalty shout when Taylor blocked Chopras shot.

Yes it would've been great to go there and blow them away with a scintilating football display but we went there to win a game of football and did it well.

Smith was tremendous sitting in front of the 2 centre halfs,  Jose totally snuffed out of the creative threat of Burke, don't think Burke got past him all game, Joe Ledley is meant to be the best midfielder in the CCC but our midfielders never gave him a kick and young Ranger had another decent game up front on his own.  Yes we weren't that good going forward but we were leading the game and didn't need to bomb forward going for a 2nd.

If this is the kind of reaction from people on here after a 1-0 away win against one of the best teams in the league then god help us when we do get beat.   Some people on here want to give there heads a shake and look at the big picture.

:thup:

Think that's just as much of an over-reaction tbh. We were very good as a team defensively today, but equally we didn't use the ball well when we had it. No one's arguing it wasn't a good result, but we could have executed the attack side of it a lot better, and by that I don't mean dominating the game, I just mean countering effectively. No harm in pointing that out is there?

I agree with everything you say except the first line :)  If Arsenal go to old trafford, score a goal - shut up shop and reduce manu to a few free kicks into the wall - that is considered a great result and performance. 

I just cannot see how we were awful today (as some have said) - you agree?

We were not world beaters, granted.  In the grand scheme of things - it was just what we needed. 

Thought you deserved to win today. You took the game to us in the first 20 minutes, got the goal and shut up shop. A very professional performance.  I thought the ref was a total pr1ck who was far too inconsistent. Booked Enrique for his first foul yet let Smith get away with numerous niggly fouls.  He could have awarded us at least 1 pen but he chose not too.

Well done to your fans. They helped to create a good atmosphere.

Good luck for the rest of the season-especially against our 2 inbred neighbours.  I'm sure if you keep your squad together you will walk promotion.

Very fair asessment mate.  :clap: The atmosphere today far outshone that at the "second city" derby earlier.