Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Guest Wally_McFool

Neither Carroll nor Ranger is a significant goal threat (yet) imo.

We need our saviour. We need Shola Ameobi.

... and a loan signing or 2 with a bit of pace

Guest Wally_McFool

Poorest we've performed all season, but we've been away from home to two of the "big 4" in this league now and never looked like losing. I reckon we could be looking at 100+ points this season.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/352840552_7a9a0a6ec7.jpg

Calm down, calm down!

that's basically what you said to me when I declared my pessemism after the Boro game in April........

Sorry... did I say we were staying up or something? Please post the link where I have said, or implied, that everything was going to be OK.

Shit craic mate and full of fail.

Me expressing an opinion like everyone else that it was a lucky win has certainly got you exercised though. I would back off if i were you, one click of my fingers and Dave will delete you.

I got myself "exercised", did I? Is that why you started throwing needless insults?

It's obvious that you're one of those saddos on here (and on the internet) that care greatly about their "messageboard reputation". :rolleyes: Stop being so insecure and touchy.

What's with you and Dave, anyway? :lol:

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is fuck all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

Eh? :lol: So you won't be happy if we get out of this league by winning ugly?

Poorest we've performed all season, but we've been away from home to two of the "big 4" in this league now and never looked like losing. I reckon we could be looking at 100+ points this season.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/352840552_7a9a0a6ec7.jpg

Calm down, calm down!

I don't even think it's that rash a statement tbh. We had two of our most important players out today and still won, without looking like losing. This side + Jonas and Shola will trash a lot of the muck in this league. Hope both are back asap.

Guest The Libertine
I reckon we could be looking at 100+ points this season.

no chance but i love the optimism. it was just last month we were looking truly fucked and now we're riding this huge wave of optimism.

fkn love it.

We've been pretty lucky though at times lads, lets not get too carried away.

Leicester outplayed us much of the game at St. James', and but for a quality save from Harper would have taken a lead. Cardiff could easily have had a penalty today as well.

We've won five in a row, but two or three of them could so easily have been draws.

We should get promoted I reckon, but it's gonna be a tough season and we'll not walk away with this thing by any means.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Leicester outplayed us much of the game at St. James', and but for a quality save from Harper would have taken a lead. Cardiff could easily have had a penalty today as well.

We've won five in a row, but two or three of them could so easily have been draws.

We should get promoted I reckon, but it's gonna be a tough season and we'll not walk away with this thing by any means.

Stop being such a fag we're gonna dominate the shit out of every team that dares to play us this season

Stop being such a fag we're gonna dominate the s*** out of every team that dares to play us this season

:snod:

that's basically what you said to me when I declared my pessemism after the Boro game in April........

Sorry... did I say we were staying up or something? Please post the link where I have said, or implied, that everything was going to be OK.

Me expressing an opinion like everyone else that it was a lucky win has certainly got you exercised though. I would back off if i were you, one click of my fingers and Dave will delete you.

I got myself "exercised", did I? Is that why you started throwing needless insults?

It's obvious that you're one of those saddos on here (and on the internet) that care greatly about their "messageboard reputation". :rolleyes: Stop being so insecure and touchy.

i'll repeat the salient and long-term view that there is fuck all point in us winning this league  if we perform like that every week.

You're quoting Ronaldo and me but speaking to one person. Thick as mince, this all started because you assumed i didnt enjoy the win because i posted 'lucky win'. Which it was. It is therefore perfectly justifiable to call you stupid.

As for being a saddo, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist because i thought we were lucky to win. Which we were.

DAVE: IT WAS A CLEAR PENALTY

Dave Jones felt that City deserved a "stonewall penalty" when Steven Taylor handled Michael Chopra's goalbound second-half shot.

Manager Jones said: "I'm not saying that it was deliberate, but the lad slid in and prevented a goal with his arm. That's a clear penalty.

"Match officials shouldn't miss that sort of thing at this level. Maybe in such a high-profile match as this, people should look at the officials and see if they're up for it. We talk about standards in the game but match officials are professionals as well - and their standards must be up to scratch."

Dave added: "We got into some good positions, but our quality let us down. Newcastle have some good players, and they knew what they were doing. We got into those positions because we dominated the game and had to try and break down 10 men. Outside of their goal, David Marshall had nothing to do apart from pluck crosses out of the air.

"And believe me Newcastle do have some good players. Maybe the 'experts' who wrote them off after they were relegated got it wrong. They have players who are Premier League quality.

"I've no complaints about losing the game, but we did deserve something from it. Alan Smith didn't move 10 yards away from Jay Bothroyd.

"But if we play like we did today against the majority of teams at this level, we'll win more than we lose."

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/MatchReaction/0,,10335~1795983,00.html

I don't think there's anyone getting carried away tbf. We've been fairly meh so far yet somehow we've won all but one game.

That says to me that if we get our act together properly (new owner, new manager, couple of loans in and one or two changes in January) we could well get automatic promotion.

You're quoting Ronaldo and me but speaking to one person. Thick as mince, this all started because you assumed i didnt enjoy the win because i posted 'lucky win'. Which it was. It is therefore perfectly justifiable to call you stupid.

As for being a saddo, you're the one getting your knickers in a twist because i thought we were lucky to win. Which we were.

No, Einstein Jnr, I'm quoting you and ronaldo and speaking to two persons. Simple maths, cunt.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I don't think there's anyone getting carried away tbf. We've been fairly meh so far yet somehow we've won all but one game.

That says to me that if we get our act together properly (new owner, new manager, couple of loans in and one or two changes in January) we could well get automatic promotion.

The fact we've won the last two games without are major heavyweight superstar players Ameobi and Jonas is telling. With them back we'll properly be battering the crap out of teams at this level.

If we do that we'll fucking walk the league like. :lol:

I don't think we'll do any of that though, so I'm a little pessimistic but still think we've a shot with the current lot and Hughton.

Dave man, please. Stop it. :nope: