Blackpool vs Newcastle United Pre-Match thread - 16/09/09 - 19:45 KO

ElDiablo

I thought Barton was shite again. Doesn't look a cut above in this league, something even Ryan Taylor is managing ffs.

Aye Barton playing like he don't give a fk, wastes possesion all the time, over his carelless passes just hope Jonas is back and can play or play Lua Lua.

Hughton will go

--------------------Harper

Simo-------Tayls------------Colo--------Jose

Rayls-------Guth-----------Butt)C)------Barton

----------------Nolan

----------------------------Ranger

I'd switch Barton to centre-midfield in place of Smith, and move Lovenkrands out to the left. (Yes, I know he's a striker and not a winger)

I would aswell tbh. Both Barton and Guthrie are wasted on the wing so i'd hate to see either of them there on a consistent basis. I know Lovenkrands is a striker and you could say the exact same thing, but whilst Jonas is out (not too much longer i don't think?), i'd try him out there. Especially whilst Smith is suspended. Anything to keep Butt and Nolan out of the same team/Butt out of the team.

I'd move Barton infield, Guthrie out wide, Nolan back as the support man with Geremi coming in out wide. I think it worked a little better with Guthers out wide against Leicester and Nolan pushing on. Lets keep Butt out!

Think we may rest and rotate a couple of players in midweek,  think Carroll will be fit and will come in for Ranger,  Nile will then come of the bench to replace Carrol after an hour or so,  Butt will come into the team for Smith.  Maybe give LuaLua a run out as well in place of Barton.

If Carroll is fit, he should start and Ranger should sit on the bench. He looked knackared after about 70 minutes today, what with him playing U19's games as well. Don't want the lad to suffer from burnout - best thing to be done with these young players is to dip them in and then dip them out again.

GK - Harper

RB - Simpson

CB - Coloccini

CB - S.Taylor

LB - Jose Enrique

RM - LuaLua

CM - Guthrie

CM - Barton

LM - R.Taylor

CF - Carroll

CF - Lovenkrands

is what I'd go for, but Butt will no doubt start and unfortunately Nolan too.

If Carroll couldnt even make Sub today he wont be starting in 3 days.

Probably be Ranger with Nolan behind uhgain.

Blackpool are just coming off the back of their first loss like Cardiff were, so perfect time to play these teams really.

Harper

Simpson Taylor Colo Enrique

Taylor Barton Guthrie Lövenkrands

Nolan

Ranger

I know Löven is much as a striker, but he'd be the least wasted talent played out wide.