Footballing connections

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

went to school in heaton with david robinson - not the one who played in that mackems game instead of shearer and ferguson.

good mates with Rikki - friend of the mighty Burt brothers

I would hope so considering he was called Paul :idiot2:

Guest Roger Kint

we did have a david robinson mind.(scored in the replay win over reading in the cup adfter drawing 3-3 down there) iirc.

10 subs games 1 goal, could be right with DJ Robinson O0

Guest burtyboy

The Brazil game was at Wembley, Jamie came on as Sub.

I have many  about Jamie but they would be too 'Revealing' to put on here, Jamie was a character to say the least!

some rather tenuous ones in here  :lol:

A friend of the family was engaged to Shola a while back, I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2000 and 2001, where I had to remind him of the games he'd scored in  :lol:

My dad was the kit sponsor for Bramble for 2 seasons, Shola for 4 and Coloccini for 1.

Figures ;)

My Brother played for England u-15's upfront with Micheal owen on about 6 occasions, he set him up v Brazil.

(Ronaldihno) was playing then named Ronaldo!

He also set him up v Scotland at st james park, and germany at wembley. He beat about 5 men from his own half way line and squared it to Owen  who buried it.

He later played for Whitby,Scarboro, Chesterfield and Carlisle.

He was top goalscorer 1 year at Chesterield

He was also in the sun back pages for scoring the 1st goal of the year, new years day Carlisle v Hartlepool

My Uncle Steve Jones scored the winner for Blyth spartans 1-0 V chesterfield in the FA cup 2nd round on the famous 77-78 cup run, he was then dropped in the 3rd round!

Your brother Jamie has a bit about him on .com today with it being his birthday and all, tell the lad Happy Birthday from NOL :-)

Guest Brazilianbob

My Dad used to play wartime forces football with Matt Gillies who was a Spurs player at the time and they were great mates.  When Matt Gillies became manager of Leicester City and later Nottigham Forest (or vice versa) they would always meet up in the Station Hotel for a drink before the game and he would give my dad a ticket for the game.  Later in life my Dad became great mates with Joe Harvey after he retired from management and they played golf together every sunday morning until Joe died.  What always surprised me was the fairly modest semi that Joe lived in on Silver Lonnen in the west end!

i'm sure joe harvey had that big house on the A69 between lemington road ends and denton burn.

Might be mistaken as to house, my dad pointed it out and I was probably looking in the wrong direction (story of my life)!

My dad's cousin was the North-East scout for West Ham, who told Michael Carrick's dad to send his son to West Ham rather than Newcastle.

Haven't read most of this thread but is the scout's surname Mooney?  If so, his youngest son's one of my best mates.

My dad's cousin was the North-East scout for West Ham, who told Michael Carrick's dad to send his son to West Ham rather than Newcastle.

Haven't read most of this thread but is the scout's surname Mooney?  If so, his youngest son's one of my best mates.

Is he a Newcastle fan? The scout I mean.

He's a Newcastle fan yes and was one of the group of fans who went round the UK to meet the Fairs Cup winning squad last year. His surname isn't Mooney no.

He's a Newcastle fan yes and was one of the group of fans who went round the UK to meet the Fairs Cup winning squad last year. His surname isn't Mooney no.

Well we have a case of claim and counter-claim here then!  Picking up Carrick for West Ham is my mate's dad's main claim to fame although he's also scouted for Man City and Everton.  He still gets Christmas cards off the Carricks.  Maybe it was a joint effort or whatever.