Ipswich vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 26/09/09, 5:30 KO, Live on BBC2

Ash

Guest Rob 1988

Harper 1

Khizanishvili  13            S.Taylor 27        Coloccini  2          Enrique 3

R.Taylor 16                    Smith 17                Nolan  4                    Lovenkrands 11

Carroll 24                    Harewood ? Ranger 30

I'd be tempted to play S.Taylor at right back. Knizanishvili alongside Colo. R.Taylor at right midfield.

At least until Simpson returns.

Me too, for the simple fact it reduces the chances of Butt playing.

Not only that but let's face it we need to spread the load around the squad. We have Knizanishvili on loan for 3 months, so let's use him and take the chance to rest somebody else.  After Simpson, S.Taylor is our best right back so bringing Knizanishvili into the centre and pushing R.Taylor up makes perfect sense to me.

Ryan Taylor is far from a natural winger but he is a natural wide player and when you're crying out for width and balance to the midfield, it makes sense to use him. Barton needs dropped and Geremi and Nolan haven't got the legs at all. As for the left wing, I guess I'd shove one of them there, probably Nolan and keep Loven up front.

In other words:

Harper

S.Taylor     Kniz.    Colo     Enrique

R.Taylor   Smith    Geremi   Nolan

Carroll  Lovenkrands

I'd be tempted to play S.Taylor at right back. Knizanishvili alongside Colo. R.Taylor at right midfield.

At least until Simpson returns.

Me too, for the simple fact it reduces the chances of Butt playing.

Not only that but let's face it we need to spread the load around the squad. We have Knizanishvili on loan for 3 months, so let's use him and take the chance to rest somebody else.  After Simpson, S.Taylor is our best right back so bringing Knizanishvili into the centre and pushing R.Taylor up makes perfect sense to me.

Ryan Taylor is far from a natural winger but he is a natural wide player and when you're crying out for width and balance to the midfield, it makes sense to use him. Barton needs dropped and Geremi and Nolan haven't got the legs at all. As for the left wing, I guess I'd shove one of them there, probably Nolan and keep Loven up front.

In other words:

Harper

S.Taylor     Kniz.    Colo     Enrique

R.Taylor   Smith    Geremi   Nolan

Carroll  Lovenkrands

I think anyone who is going to operate out wide needs to be able to get up and down the pitch so left wing is probably the last place I'd put Nolan. I agree that we shouldn't use Lovenkrands there again after his half-hearted efforts so far this season. May as well stick with Barton now guthrie is out of the equation. I'm pretty sure we'll stick with the 4-5-1 in any case.

Harper

R Taylor --- S Taylor --- Coloccini --- Enrique

Geremi --- Smith --- Guthrie --- Lovenkrands

Harewood --- Carroll

:thup:

Guthrie's suspended.

Best we can hope for is:

Harper

R Taylor - S Taylor - Coloccini - Enrique

Geremi  -  Smith  -  Nolan  -  Lovenkrands

Carroll  -  Ranger

Subs:  Krul, Khiz, Tavernier, Butt, Donaldson, Lua Lua, Harewood

Guest icemanblue

What we'll see is probably:

Harper

Taylor  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Geremi  Smith Butt  Loven

Nolan

Carroll

Yip.

What we'll see is probably:

Harper

Taylor  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Geremi  Smith Butt  Loven

Nolan

Carroll

Aye, fucking infuriating too it is.

Got to drop one of Butt/Nolan and get another striker in there.