Newcastle v QPR, 19:45 Wednesday, 30 September 2009 Pre Match Thread

Astroblack

Lets hope we win this game. 5 points clear, going into the weekend, 7 of 3rd place.

That is if we win.

We have to take these chances when they come along, I don't think WBA will actually drop many points this season, it maybe a case of on any other season they would of finished top, if it wasn't for us.

The lads want a right kicking if we don't win this one like. Win this and Bristol City and things are looking better than good.

Almost be a quater of way through the season.

The lads want a right kicking if we don't win this one like. Win this and Bristol City and things are looking better than good.

Almost be a quater of way through the season.

Win tomorrow night and we're seven points clear of non-automatic spots. Win on Saturday, you can rely on the erratic nature of the rest of the 'potentials' to fuck something up... we could potentially be 8/9/10 points clear of the non-automatic spots. Imagine being 10 points clear. Regardless of what point of the season we're at, that's half a foot in the Premiership iyam.

All hypothetical, obviously. We've got two games to win and they'll be difficult, but it's a massive opportunity.

Win this and Saturday's game and we're pulling comfortably away from the rest of the pack. It'd be a massive boost to the club to be 5/6 points clear come the weekend.

We don't usually win these sorts of games (ones where we progress immensely) so hopefully things will be different this time. Howay the lads!

Guest Roger Kint

1-1, we're in for a shock if you ask me.

Aye, just like we've been in for a shock before every game this season.

If half the teams had good/decent strikers we would have been. We have been a bit lucky in games this year.

If half the teams had good/decent strikers we would have been. We have been a bit lucky in games this year.

:facepalm:

But they don't! Thats why they're in this shitty fucking league.

If Ipswich had Leo Messi on the wing, they probably would've done better than lose 4-0 at home.

Let's face facts: We're not a good team. We're a team packed with hasbeen central midfielders, lacking in any kind of width, pace or ability to beat a man and put a cross in. Our choice of striker is either the young and inexperienced or the old and proven rubbish, whilst our defence often look like they've never met each other before.

But we're still better than anything else in this league.

2-0.

Let's face facts: We're not a good team. We're a team packed with hasbeen central midfielders, lacking in any kind of width, pace or ability to beat a man and put a cross in. Our choice of striker is either the young and inexperienced or the old and proven rubbish, whilst our defence often look like they've never met each other before.

2-0.

Exactly this. 110% QFT Win.

2-0.

Jonas, but see your point

2-0.

Jonas, but see your point

I think 'ability to beat a man and put a cross in' was all one thing :razz:

I think 'ability to beat a man and put a cross in' was all one thing :razz:

Was just about to post that. Jonas has pace and can beat a man, but after that it all goes horribly wrong. Though I suspect he'll be more than good enough in this league. Anyway, he's been out so far this season and he's only one winger. We need a minimum of 2, and preferably some decent backup as well.

If Jonas is crossing to players with decent movement (such as Harewood) he'll look an awful lot better in that respect

He was crossing to Martins, Owen and Viduka last season and couldn't pick them out. I like him but he can't cross for shit.

Guest Roger Kint

:facepalm:

But they don't! Thats why they're in this shitty f***ing league.

If Ipswich had Leo Messi on the wing, they probably would've done better than lose 4-0 at home.

Yeah go over the top and talk bollocks then.........lets just base the entire season on absurd idiotic statements about Messi

Fucking hell :lol:

it's amazing the amount of 'realists' on this forum. The 'i'm not going to predict an easy win because I refuse to be positive' people.

Face it, we're one of the best in this league. Stop trying to get one over on people, pretending you're better than everyone else because you've predicted a loss or draw.

Always remember, these teams are in the Championship because they're not good enough for the PL. They're not suddenly gonna become world beaters man :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

it's amazing the amount of 'realists' on this forum. The 'i'm not going to predict an easy win because I refuse to be positive' people.

Face it, we're one of the best in this league. Stop trying to get one over on people, pretending you're better than everyone else because you've predicted a loss or draw.

Always remember, these teams are in the Championship because they're not good enough for the PL. They're not suddenly gonna become world beaters man :lol:

The thing is, I'm one of those 'realist' (pessimistic) people, yet I still think we'll piss all over this league (injuries permitting). Yes we'll lose a few games here and there, but ultimately, we're playing against some teams that just aren't very good. I still think our squad needs more depth incase of injuries, but obviously thats not a massive concern for the game tonight!

I said this a while ago, it's against my nature to be too confident about Newcastle but there's only so long we can hold onto this false fear and modesty about upcoming games.

We've played the 'best teams in the league' and haven't had many major problems... we have every reason to be confident.