Newcastle v QPR, 19:45 Wednesday, 30 September 2009 Pre Match Thread

Astroblack

Guest Roger Kint

Ramage doesn't get in the side apparently.

He's started 5 out of their 8 league games so far this season for them, hardly a fringe player.

The ones he has missed are the last 3 though.

Who else is thinking everything is set up to collapse ?

Results last night were perfect. We couldn't have set it up any better ourselves.

And EVERY time this kind of thing happens, we blow it.

(was thinking if I SAY rather than THINK these things, they won't happen)

Who else is thinking everything is set up to collapse ?

Results last night were perfect. We couldn't have set it up any better ourselves.

And EVERY time this kind of thing happens, we blow it.

(was thinking if I SAY rather than THINK these things, they won't happen)

I've had that feeling all season but it hasn't happened yet, and we should be able to put out a better side tonight than we have in some games this season. Ooo..er. I'm tempting fate now aren't I?

QPR's form has obviously picked up of late, I've not being paying much attention to them but they've shot up the the table. Will be a tough one, but we've got to be pretty confident of getting the 3 points again.

A win puts us in an extremely strong position with another very winnable game coming up on Saturday.

We should be able to beat QPR fairly easy at home. I'm going for a 2 - 0 win.  Not sure why a few people are thinking this will be a tough one.  Similar things were said about the Crystal Palace away game.  It's been a while since either of those teams have been a decent force.

We should be able to beat QPR fairly easy at home. I'm going for a 2 - 0 win.  Not sure why a few people are thinking this will be a tough one.  Similar things were said about the Crystal Palace away game.  It's been a while since either of those teams have been a decent force.

because the ghost of 2008/9 still stalks the corridors of SJP.

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: S.Taylor

CB: Khizanishivili

LB: Enrique

RM: Geremi

CM: Nolan

CM: Smith

LM: Guthrie

ST: Carroll

ST: Harewood

Subs: Krul, Ranger, Jonas, Donaldson, Vuckic, Baheng, Butt

^^is what I reckon Hughton will go with btw

Is Hughton more likely to put Simpson or Zurab at centre half? Sounds like an obvious choice to you and me but it wouldn't suprise me if Zurab remained at right back.

It won't make much difference given that we'll win this game 5-0.

No point rushing Jonas back, give him half an hour at the end. He can start on Saturday.

I'm not a fan of that kind of thing. I'd far rather play him and bring him off early when winning.

Well, if the game is going badly, bring him on at half-time. He's going to be very important, and if only giving him a small runout in this game means he's less likely to break down again before the weekend, then do it I say.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jonas will start from the bench

I reckon it will be:

Harper

Simpson    Zurab    S.Taylor      Enrique

Geremi              Smith              Guthrie/Lovenkrands

Nolan

Harewood      Carroll

Subs- Krul, Tozer, Donaldson, Guthrie/Lovenkrands/Geremi, Vuckic,Gutierrez, Ranger