No to a Bobby Robson stand.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Keegan stand ...Anybody?

Wouldn't really feel safe sitting in it, could collapse under the pressure at any moment.

yeah, but you know you can see Europe from the top of it.

If you go to the top of it you can spit your dummy miles...

Pretty much my opinions on the matter to the letter.

I'd agree.

Milburn stand was good, and I'd applaud a Harvey stand.

Wouldn't get angry about a Bob Robson stand, mind you.

Guest Jungle Barry

Is this a reaction to the spiteful and unecessary "news" item on look north tonight?

If we are going to start naming stands then surely Joe Harvey heads the queue?

Could we not name the road up to the stadium after Keegan and call it the Keegan Walk.

Good idea, they could also put benches there so you can sit down, have a think and then go back in the direction you came.

It wouldn't be a one-way street either. After all, you may choose to go down the road and come back several times; sometimes you just don't know which end of the road you want to be at.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Although I have the greatest respect for what Sir Bobby did in his time here and how he built a team up and led us into Europe and challenged for titles...There are a lot more people who deserve it, Joe Harvey is one of them as previously mentioned. I would like him to be recognised in some shape or form around SJP however and the Academy is a good idea...

Perhaps if we won the Uefa Cup under Sir Bobby in 2004 things would be different...It would have been our first silverware for a great number of years and would have capped off all the hard work and building he did in his five years.

Could we not name the road up to the stadium after Keegan and call it the Keegan Walk.

Good idea, they could also put benches there so you can sit down, have a think and then go back in the direction you came.

It wouldn't be a one-way street either. After all, you may choose to go down the road and come back several times; sometimes you just don't know which end of the road you want to be at.

So what you are saying is we need to base it on the crossroads by the stadium and China town?

Gallowgate, Leazes, Milburn and East.

Just leave at that ffs.

tbh, i still call them that, the ticket office staff sometimes just go blank. a bloke behind me had to tell the lass what i meant cos i couldnt remember the new name.

edit, actualy, just re read it,... weststand

i sit in the gallowgate. i honestly don't know what it is now officially called.

agree with the opening post