Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

So did KK claim 25M or was that a load of tosh?

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed that losing his job had cost him the £8,607,534 wages remaining on his contract; he also claims he suffered ’stigma damages’ which might prevent him from gaining future employment and he estimated those stigma damages at £16,500,000. The club rejected any such claims and stated that a clause in his contract limiting his payout to £2m was valid and thus that’s what they awarded him.

If so thats preety dispicable on behalf of KK.

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed that losing his job had cost him the £8,607,534 wages remaining on his contract; he also claims he suffered ’stigma damages’ which might prevent him from gaining future employment and he estimated those stigma damages at £16,500,000. The club rejected any such claims and stated that a clause in his contract limiting his payout to £2m was valid and thus that’s what they awarded him.

Keegan claimed the rest of his NUFC contract (worth £8.5m) and his potential earnings over the next seven years at nearly £2.5m per year. Totalling about £25m, and based on loss of future earnings due to his reputation being ruined by NUFC's actions when he was employed by them.

I don't see why it's despicable, he claimed what he (or more likely his lawyers) felt was the potential loss had this case tarnished his reputation as a top-level manager.

Plenty have clubs have signed players without the manager seeing them play, particularly on the day of the transfer deadline.

I can think of at least one other player that Newcastle signed on the recommendation of someone not connected to the club.

I think the youtube comment from Wise was more of a "can't be arsed discussing this with you anymore Kevin" type comment.

The whole club has been a joke for years. Ashley and Wise have just made it obvious to the general public.

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed the rest of his NUFC contract (worth £8.5m) and his potential earnings over the next seven years at nearly £2.5m per year. Totalling about £25m, and based on loss of future earnings due to his reputation being ruined by NUFC's actions when he was employed by them.

I don't see why it's despicable, he claimed what he (or more likely his lawyers) felt was the potential loss had this case tarnished his reputation as a top-level manager.

You can't blame him for it, but Keegan, more than anyone, would know what him winning that amount would have done to this club.

found this on Nufc.com:

Think this is something a lot of people are forgetting tbh.

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed that losing his job had cost him the £8,607,534 wages remaining on his contract; he also claims he suffered stigma damages which might prevent him from gaining future employment and he estimated those stigma damages at £16,500,000. The club rejected any such claims and stated that a clause in his contract limiting his payout to £2m was valid and thus thats what they awarded him.

How are they forgetting it? There's NOTHING to indicate that his lawyers chose that amount. He'll have been told what the potential was, and gone ahead with it.

Plenty have clubs have signed players without the manager seeing them play, particularly on the day of the transfer deadline.

Not without the managers permission.

Spat his dummy out over one player who was only here on loan.What an arsehole.

Fuck off mackem.

found this on Nufc.com:

You can't blame him for it, but Keegan, more than anyone, would know what him winning that amount would have done to this club.

Now we're in the Championship, aye. The Ashley regime has overseen a ridiculous period of mismanagement including the Keegan fiasco and has resulted in the club being in a position where £25m could cripple it.

I'm not sure why Keegan should have taken into account the fact that as a club we couldn't afford it. Also, Ashley could easily afford it personally.

found this on Nufc.com:

How are they forgetting it? There's NOTHING to indicate that his lawyers chose that amount. He'll have been told what the potential was, and gone ahead with it.

Ok reading that back I picked a bad line to quote as it does imply his lawyers picked the amount. I meant people appear to be forgetting that he had legal representation and as such, would be more than likely pursuing the claim in the way they thought best.

Not without the managers permission.

Spat his dummy out over one player who was only here on loan.What an arsehole.

Fuck off mackem.

Newcastle signed a player from Spain when the manager wanted a player from Portugal. He was signed before the manager was told. FACTAMUNDO.

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed that losing his job had cost him the £8,607,534 wages remaining on his contract; he also claims he suffered stigma damages which might prevent him from gaining future employment and he estimated those stigma damages at £16,500,000. The club rejected any such claims and stated that a clause in his contract limiting his payout to £2m was valid and thus thats what they awarded him.

Now we're in the Championship, aye. The Ashley regime has overseen a ridiculous period of mismanagement including the Keegan fiasco and has resulted in the club being in a position where £25m could cripple it.

I'm not sure why Keegan should have taken into account the fact that as a club we couldn't afford it. Also, Ashley could easily afford it personally.

That's my whole issue with this. I just wish there was a way that Keegan could have taken Ashley to court personally. HE'S the one who should pay, not the person buying the club.

found this on Nufc.com:

I think people are also forgetting is that lawyers will sue for a maximum amount in just about any civil suit, even though they aren't realistic about receiving the full amount.

Not helped when the press is more interested in sensationalising the 25 million figure. Nor fans still blindly believing that Keegan's greedy for supposedly wanted that obscene sum of cash.

found this on Nufc.com:

That's my whole issue with this. I just wish there was a way that Keegan could have taken Ashley to court personally. HE'S the one who should pay, not the person buying the club.

Maybe because his contract was with Newcastle United, and not Ashley in-person?

The main feeling I got from reading the PDF was that KK must be soft in the head to have taken the job in the first place.

The case gave the result you didn't want and you're still trying to stick the knife in.

The main feeling I got from reading the PDF was that KK must be soft in the head to have taken the job in the first place.

Don't bother quoting parts of it then, to back up your statement.

A manager refuses to use YouTube,  a manager who was told he has the final say and didn't, a manager who didn't give up hope of coming back to the club - until NUFC statement saying he will not have final say if he were to return...

..soft in the head aye. :facepalm:

Eh? :lol:

There's a massive fucking section about how it wasn't made clear to Keegan that he wouldn't be in charge of signings. That's the basis of the entire outcome, that Keegan took the job in good faith and was repeatedly misled. Not only that, the club were deliberately lying to the fans (that includes you, I think) and not telling Keegan the 'real' position.