Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Also worth noting that KK agreed that the 'stigma' damages didn't need to be awarded if the tribunal published their findings and thereby restore his reputation (which imo it certainly did).

Where was this stated because I seem to have missed it?

I exaggerated.

What was actually stated was that KK wanted his reputation restored. He sued for 25m because of the loss of earnings due to the negative image. So the tribunal said that they'd release their verdict to the public, thereby restoring KK's reputation. KK agreed that releasing the verdict would suffice and was thus satisfied with the outcome.

Just read through bits and bobs of it and have a question (baring in mind i don't really know how it all works):

If Keegan was right all along and has won his case, why did he not win the alleged £9/10m he was after, but a mere £2m?

Because he was claiming for his wages until he was 65, and he was claiming for 'stigma damages' and I'm pretty sure he claimed a little extra to pay for a PS3, as he had nowt to do since they totally sacked him.

There is fella in here Quayside who has posted why the claim would be so high, check it out.

.. what? ???

He's telling you to go read Quaysides posts on this. It would seem he has some legal knowledge.

Of course, you knew that already.

There are no posts in this thread by a user called Quayside, and no, I didn't not understand his post in the first place at all.

I'm finding your petty jibes a little ridiculous, why are you unable to have a debate about something without being so petty?

:lol:

What was petty about that? Bit sensitive aren't you?

I just don't see exactly why I should be repeatedly insulted for having a different opinon to you.

Insulted?! Give over, man. Stop being so fucking precious. You're a grown man.

FWIW, I think your opinion is nothing more than an exercise in saving face.

???

You're gonna have to expand on that one, whatcha mean?

I'm pretty sure your attitude towards this whole affair has been that Keegan was in the wrong. Now that it's been proven he wasn't, you've adopted your 'well he's a thieving cunt' stance.

Ok.

Well I certainly didn't want him to walk away from the club, and really wish he had managed to get on with the job, even with the most inept boss in the world. This tribunal has really shown Ashley up for just how fucking awful he is at his job, and just how shit he was at choosing his staff.

I personally just wished Mr Keegan would've stayed for longer, just to ensure that the first team didn't go to shit and then leave at an agreed and more convenient time. Obviously he deemed it untenable, I just wish he hadn't.

The detail of his tribunal has changed my opinion on that definitely.

However, this doesn't change my opinion on the compensation numbers.

lol but if u dnt think kegan is acshully jeesus then u is dumb lol

Nowt to do with wanting Ashley's babies BUT the simple fact of the matter is - KEEGAN WAS RIGHT

He was right in this court case. But how right was he to just give up on the team and cause so much damage over his sacred misplaced principles? Seemingly for some Keegan winning his trial is more important than the predicament (sportingly) this club is in now.

"I am delighted that the Premier League Manager’s Arbitration Tribunal has today formally announced that it has upheld my claim for wrongful dismissal against Newcastle United Football Club.

“I took the decision to resign in September 2008 only after very careful and anxious consideration. The decision to resign was one of the most difficult that I have ever had to take in my life. I believe that anybody who knows me and my attachment to Newcastle United and the North East in general will understand how difficult this must have been. I very much hope that the decision of the Tribunal now confirms why I felt that I had no option but to resign from the position as manager of the club that I love.

“The Tribunal has found the conduct of the club in forcing a player on me against my wishes represented a fundamental breach of my contract of employment. I do not believe that there is any manager in football who could have remained at the club in the light of their conduct.

“Since my departure there have been many untrue stories written about my resignation, my time at the club and these proceedings. I do not blame the press for this: I know that the journalists concerned are only doing their job, but I hope that the Tribunal’s decision will now conclusively put to rest a number of allegations made against me.

“In particular I believe that the Tribunal’s decision makes it clear that I did have the final say on transfers and the Club’s allegation that I did not, which was publicised widely at the time of my resignation and subsequently, was simply untrue.

“The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

“I resigned because I was being asked to sanction the signing of a player in order to “do a favour” for two South American agents. No one at the club had seen this player play and I was asked to sign him on the basis of some clips on You Tube. This is something that I was not prepared to be associated with in any way. The club knew that I objected strongly to this transfer and were aware that by continuing with it I was likely to feel that I had no option but to resign. Notwithstanding this they nevertheless went on to sign the player at very substantial cost to the club.

“Contrary to the public statements made by the club at the time they did not do all that they could to retain me at the club. In particular they refused to acknowledge that I was entitled to the final say on transfers. This left me in a totally untenable position.

“A number of the allegations made against me by the club at the hearing, in order to support their £2 million claim against me, were totally without foundation and should never have been raised in the proceedings. 

“I very much regret that this claim ever had to go to the hearing as it did. I want to state categorically that the allegation that has been made in the press that I turned down an offer of £4 million to settle the claim is simply untrue. No such offer was made to me.

“I also want to confirm that a central purpose of my claim has always been to clear my name and restore my reputation. I consider it of vital importance that I was able to let people know about the full circumstances of my resignation and the way in which I had been treated by the club. I hope that this purpose has now been achieved.

“There are a number of technical issues that still need to be resolved by the Tribunal and I obviously will not be in a position to comment on them until after those issues have been resolved.

“I would like to thank my family, friends, legal team and the League Managers Association who have all offered me their unstinting support throughout this very challenging period. I would also like to thank the members of the Tribunal itself who have given such fair, able and meticulous consideration to my case.

“Finally I would like to thank the fans of Newcastle United for their continued support and wish them and the club continued success in the current season in their goal of reaching the Barclays Premier League.”

Not sure of this has been posted.

Nowt to do with wanting Ashley's babies BUT the simple fact of the matter is - KEEGAN WAS RIGHT

He was right in this court case. But how right was he to just give up on the team and cause so much damage over his sacred misplaced principles? Seemingly for some people it's more important that Keegan won his trial.

Its the final nail in the coffin for these cunts that own and run our football club, pretty much what most people on here gathered anyway apart from the AKA crew who just hate KK full stop.

Fucking plebs.

Probably wishful thinking, but:

1) If the Nacho deal is believed to be dodgy, should the police now be brought in to instigate criminal proceedings on those involved?

2) Is Llambias' position now untenable?

Also, I haven't had time to read the PDF yet so please shoot me down if I am wrong, but is there anything to say that Ashley knew what was going on underneath him?

He was right in this court case. But how right was he to just give up on the team and cause so much damage over his sacred misplaced principles? Seemingly for some people it's more important that Keegan won his trial.

Its the final nail in the coffin for these cunts that own and run our football club, pretty much what most people on here gathered anyway apart from the AKA crew who just hate KK full stop.

Fucking plebs.

:lol: If that's aimed at me then take a look at my posts in this thread, you'll see I actually think Keegan was right and Ashley's a cunt, but just not enough to warrant a £25m settlement.

1) If the Nacho deal is believed to be dodgy, should the police now be brought in to instigate criminal proceedings on those involved?

Also, I haven't had time to read the PDF yet so please shoot me down if I am wrong, but is there anything to say that Ashley knew what was going on underneath him?

2) where is he anyway, not seen or heard from this snake for months.

we need a song for this snake.

He was right in this court case. But how right was he to just give up on the team and cause so much damage over his sacred misplaced principles? Seemingly for some Keegan winning his trial is more important than the predicament (sportingly) this club is in now.

He was very right to quit - do you honestly think things would have gotten better? It would have got 10 times worse and understandably Keegan did not want that bullshit

Also the following extract from the pdf states

This was his evidence, which we accept, and it is supported by the timingof his resignation.

Both at the time and to us he described the Gonzalez signing as the final straw and the evidence shows that the Club appreciated that proceeding with it against this wishes might well lead to his resignation.

So no he cudnt have waited a bit longer and then decide to resign. Also as Keegan has said the club didnt do enough to keep him

I think the only 'dodgy' thing about the deal is the fact that any club could be stupid enough to spend that much money in wages etc for simply to get in the agents good books, and then to admit it all!

Just read through bits and bobs of it and have a question (baring in mind i don't really know how it all works):

If Keegan was right all along and has won his case, why did he not win the alleged £9/10m he was after, but a mere £2m?

Because he was claiming for his wages until he was 65, and he was claiming for 'stigma damages' and I'm pretty sure he claimed a little extra to pay for a PS3, as he had nowt to do since they totally sacked him.

There is fella in here Quayside who has posted why the claim would be so high, check it out.

.. what? ???

He's telling you to go read Quaysides posts on this. It would seem he has some legal knowledge.

There are no posts in this thread by a user called Quayside, and no, I didn't not understand his post in the first place at all.

I'm finding your petty jibes a little ridiculous, why are you unable to have a debate about something without being so petty?

I just don't see exactly why I should be repeatedly insulted for having a different opinon to you.

???

I'm pretty sure your attitude towards this whole affair has been that Keegan was in the wrong. Now that it's been proven he wasn't, you've adopted your 'well he's a thieving cunt' stance.

Ok.

Well I certainly didn't want him to walk away from the club, and really wish he had managed to get on with the job, even with the most inept boss in the world. This tribunal has really shown Ashley up for just how fucking awful he is at his job, and just how shit he was at choosing his staff.

I personally just wished Mr Keegan would've stayed for longer, just to ensure that the first team didn't go to shit and then leave at an agreed and more convenient time. Obviously he deemed it untenable, I just wish he hadn't.

The compensation numbers are pretty simple, man.

If KK had stayed for 3 years, he would ahve gotten around 10m. Then, given the fact that things were looking reasonable good, you can say that his contract would have been extended for 1-2 years, giving him around 15m over 5 years.

Then, with his reputation still in tact, he could have gotten another job or two, push his earnings to 20m or so.

But because of the state of his reputation after last September, he would never have gotten another high-paying job. So that is why he sued for 'stigma damages', and why he agreed with the tribunal that publishing the verdict and thus restoring his reputation would be a decent enough outcome.

What KK did was reasonable and what any man who has done nothing wrong would do.

Ashley wanted KK as a ticket sales mover and thats it, they were going to feed his team with shyte players and young players they were going to flog if they were anygood.

Ashley is a fucking CUNT of the highest order.

KK vindicated.

Was this ever in doubt?  i couldn't believe people were doubting the man and taking Ashley's side in this case.

There was a third side, the club itself, which some people felt more important than either Keegan or Ashley. It's hard to understand I know, everything has to be black and white for some.

Thanks to Keegan, the poison that is Mike Ashley has been flushed out sooner rather than later. Another "Yes Man" type manager may have sat back and let Ashley work his shite for years.

Thanks to Keegan proving what an absolute set of wankers they all are, it has forced Ashley to sell the club on

So Keegans victory is for the long term benefit of the club. So Keegan Win = Club long term win

Guest icemanblue

.. what? ???

???

Ok.

The compensation numbers are pretty simple, man.

If KK had stayed for 3 years, he would ahve gotten around 10m. Then, given the fact that things were looking reasonable good, you can say that his contract would have been extended for 1-2 years, giving him around 15m over 5 years.

Then, with his reputation still in tact, he could have gotten another job or two, push his earnings to 20m or so.

But because of the state of his reputation after last September, he would never have gotten another high-paying job. So that is why he sued for 'stigma damages', and why he agreed with the tribunal that publishing the verdict and thus restoring his reputation would be a decent enough outcome.

What KK did was reasonable and what any man who has done nothing wrong would do.

Cheers, saved me typing another post!

Justify your reasons against why it was acceptable, burnip. Actually, you can just go ahead and justify calling him a 'thieving cunt'.

Guest Phil K

So it all comes down to Nacho? What about the Milner sale and Xisco, did Keegan approve those?

And hasn't Nacho proved us all wrong ?

Nooooooooooooo...............

Wise and Owen a pair of small sh*ts.

It comes down to whether people expect that the guy would waive a large amount he was likely entitled to (if he hadnt agreed a smaller amount initially) to benefit the football club that he apparently loves, even though it was being run by a guy who'd helped crap all over his reputation and is largely a complete twat.

So a tough call.

Depends how much of a difference you think him being awarded a larger amount would have made. I doubt it would have effected much massively atall.

On 1), the report notes that they don't particularly see anything wrong with it.

I have nothing against Keegan at all for what he did and will remain a legend, and would have been even if he had been in the wrong. The only point I was making before was that he could have in theory grit his teeth, ignored the player, and managed the team, in which instance he might have been able to get his way in the end. I still can't help thinking that walking within days however was a bit premature.

I have nothing against Keegan at all for what he did and will remain a legend, and would have been even if he had been in the wrong. The only point I was making before was that he could have in theory grit his teeth, ignored the player, and managed the team, in which instance he might have been able to get his way in the end. I still can't help thinking that walking within days however was a bit premature.

Have you even read the report?

When would have been a more convenient time? You can't have expected him to stay to the end of the season? Ashley had plenty of time to get a suitable replacement in and ensure the first team didn't go to shit. Instead he fucked about for most of the season and never adequately replaced him, that's Ashley's fault, not Keegan's.