Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Guest icemanblue

I have nothing against Keegan at all for what he did and will remain a legend, and would have been even if he had been in the wrong. The only point I was making before was that he could have in theory grit his teeth, ignored the player, and managed the team, in which instance he might have been able to get his way in the end. I still can't help thinking that walking within days however was a bit premature.

Have you even read the report?

I get the impression very few people have.

I have nothing against Keegan at all for what he did and will remain a legend, and would have been even if he had been in the wrong. The only point I was making before was that he could have in theory grit his teeth, ignored the player, and managed the team, in which instance he might have been able to get his way in the end. I still can't help thinking that walking within days however was a bit premature.

yeah, I don't see why anyone couldn't feel like Keegan wasn't treated fairly but still feel disappointed and a little pissed off that he felt he had to walk away.

No mananger could work with that setup. None.

There's a lot more to it than simply not wanting Nacho.

No mananger could work with that setup. None.

Even JFK wasn't working under the same constraints.

Guest neesy111

yes, but we don't know the full facts

my thing is this, is it worse to have a player bought for you or sold behind your back

Guest icemanblue

yup, end of the season or Jan

Oh my days.

So, you expected him to stay on for a full season, or at least til January, knowing that he was working for people who had no intention of honouring their obligations to him? In fact, they'd completely re-written what their obligations even were.

Where is the sense in that? Seriously.

Guest icemanblue

Yep, plastic. You've not got a fucking clue, man.

I'm gonna go down the 'soopafan' route here, but hey ho. Burnip, you get to many games these days?

yes, but we don't know the full facts

my thing is this, is it worse to have a player bought for you or sold behind your back

If you just sanctioned the sale of Milner for £12m would you not be a bit pissed off that his replacement was some no-mark loan?

Guest neesy111

Oh my days.

So, you expected him to stay on for a full season, or at least til January, knowing that he was working for people who had no intention of honouring their obligations to him? In fact, they'd completely re-written what their obligations even were.

here, give it a break, are keegan's love child ffs, everytime someone has said something even remotely critcising keegan in a general way, you just don't give them the light of day

How would January have been any better? Keegan leaving in September gave his replacement four months to come in and assess the squad before the transfer window opened.

From legal and footballing perspectives, it is a good decision as it sets a precedent for future constructive dismissal of this kind in the world of football.

What's unfortunate is that this club is the losing party.

Burnip you dont think that potentially staying at a club where he was being screwed over may have affected his ability to perform as our manager effectively or motivate our players? Leading to our club underperforming, whilst both tarnishing his reputation as a good manager - only because he himself was infact being fucked over ? Or do you think of Keegan as being some form of robotic god & if he doesnt single handedly perform miracles to put our club above all else in the universe - he is infact some kind of evil mastermind ?

Some people are being let down by their own moronic expectations.

It's theoretically possible that he could have ignored the Nacho situation and just carried on, I'm sure some managers would have done that. But why should he have to, if he genuinely believed he should be in charge of all transfers?

TBH we'll never know how bad the situation was, and whether KK 'could have' stuck it out... but if you take his word it certainly sounds like he wanted to stay but thought he had no other option.

I'm gonna go down the 'soopafan' route here, but hey ho. Burnip, you get to many games these days?

Don't be daft, I'm not going to see fucking Plymouth, Blackpool et al. I might go to a Carling Cup game if we play anyone decent.

Guest icemanblue

Oh my days.

here, give it a break, are keegan's love child ffs, everytime someone has said something even remotely critcising keegan in a general way, you just don't give them the light of day

Eh? :lol:

I've questioned burnip on his claims that Keegan is a 'thieving cunt'. Now I'm questioning him on something that appears to be a blatant wind-up. At what point did I not give anyone 'the light of day'?

Guest icemanblue

Don't be daft, I'm not going to see fucking Plymouth, Blackpool et al. I might go to a Carling Cup game if we play anyone decent.

Hilarious.

Guest neesy111

Oh my days.

Eh? :lol:

I've questioned burnip on his claims that Keegan is a 'thieving cunt'. Now I'm questioning him on something that appears to be a blatant wind-up. At what point did I not give anyone 'the light of day'?

well, for a fact your questioning about many games ppl go to etc, one thing i hate is about ppl saying they are a better fan cos they go to more games etc, it's pathetic

From legal and footballing perspectives, it is a good decision as it sets a precedent for future constructive dismissal of this kind in the world of football.

What's unfortunate is that this club is the losing party.

I think most owners will just be very careful about contracts they hand out to managers in future, some of the shiftier types will probably go down the Ashley route of appointing yes men just to be on the safe side. I think this is a special case though, you would like to think most owners would treat their employees a bit less shabbily.

Have you even read the report?

At work so not yet. Going by the original post and the rest of the thread.