Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Sunderland fan banned for Darren Bent mother abuse 

A football fan who racially abused the mother of Premier League footballer Darren Bent has been banned from attending matches for three years.

Sunderland supporter John Davison, 26, shouted abuse at Shirley Bent after her son's team played at Wigan Athletic's DW Stadium in November last year.

Davison, of Avondale Terrace, Chester-le-Street, admitted using threatening words in a racially aggravated manner.

Wigan Magistrates' Court heard Davison had since apologised to Mrs Bent.

Davison shouted at Mrs Bent as she walked past him on the way to watch her son play at Wigan on 28 November.

She turned to see a group of men laughing and giving each other "high fives" in the stadium car park, the court heard.

They returned to a nearby bar, where Mrs Bent later pointed them out to security officials.

Police brought Davison to her and she told him she only wanted an apology.

The court was told that he said sorry and added that the Sunderland and England forward was one of his favourite players and he would get a tattoo of him on his arm.

He went on to send her a bunch of flowers and a letter of apology.

Mrs Bent changed her mind on not taking further action against him when she told her son about the incident after his team's 1-0 defeat.

After the game striker Bent is believed to have written on his Twitter page: "So we get beat by Wigan and to make matters worse my mum gets racially abused by a SUNDERLAND fan. I won't stand for that."

In addition to the three-year ban, Davison was fined £170 and ordered to pay Mrs Bent £50 compensation for any distress caused to her.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8493397.stm

Just like with the lad who attacked Chris Holland I really love it how they print the addresses of these people.

I've got 15 mutual friends with him on Facebook.  Another national celebrity to go with that Jen Clark from BB for our 'noble' town.

what about the girl from our school that threw the big "skins" party?

A friend sent me this article about how last year's Champion's League final overtook the Superbowl as the most viewed sports event of the year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/elite-clubs-on-uefa-gravy-train-as-super-bowl-knocked-off-perch-1884429.html

However, what raised my eyebrow is this table:

10 most-watched events

1. Champions' League final 109m watched whole thing live at home (206m watched part)

2. Super Bowl 106m (162m)

3. Bahrain GP 54m (115m)

4. Men's 100m final 33m (95m)

5. Federer-Roddick 29m (89m)

6. Japan-South Korea (baseball) 27m (82m)

7. World Series game 6 26m (72m)

8. NBA finals game 5 26m (59m)

9. Masters final day 21m (49m)

10. South Korea v China (badminton) 19m (56m)

How the fuck can the 100m men race have 33m viewers watching the entire event and 95m watching only part? The whole thing lasts less than 10 seconds!! How much of an ADD spaz do you need to be?  :lol:

Actor Warren Llambias is expected to make his film breakthrough with next month’s release of The Shouting Men, centred on Gillingham fans on an away day.

Certainly, the reviews of Warren’s performance are likely to be a lot better than his father Derek has received while running Newcastle as managing director for owner Mike Ashley.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1248108/Charles-Sale-China-set-exploit-BOAs-Surrey-state-London-2012-Olympics.html#ixzz0eTawkhC4

Found this article hillarious.  :lol: :lol:

http://newsfromireland.com/2010/01/irishman-urinated-on-french-bread-in-protest-at-henry-handball-court-told/

(ROSCOMMON, IRELAND) A drunken unemployed plasterer who was found urinating on the French loaves section of a large supermarket in protest at the infamous handball incident in the France vs Ireland World Cup qualifier, was this week given a suspended sentence, fined and bound over to keep the peace.

Frances “Smokie”  Larkin, The Meadows, Killareagh, Co Roscommon pleaded guilty to the incident at Maher’s ValueStore supermarket, Killareagh, one week after the match which Ireland controversially drew after the French goal was deemed to have scored despite a blatant handball by French striker Thierry Henry.

Staff found the 46-year-old urinating on the Cuisine de France section of the bread shelves in Maher’s, shouting “this will teach ye, ye cheating French bastards,” before he was taken away by local gardai.

Gardai Anthony Flanagan told the court that he had been called to the store at 11.15 on the morning of November 25.

“When I reached the shop, I was informed that Mr Larkin was causing a disturbance in the bread section and when I got there, he was urinating on the French bread section and stamping on a loaf. I later ascertained that the loaves were brioches, a  sort of French bread.

“When he saw me, he tried to run away but I apprehended him and grabbed him by the arm. He said ‘that’s for Thierry Henry, guard. If you have any pride in your country, you’ll let me go.

“Then he said ‘that’ll teach them, the cheating French bastards.’”

Addressing the court, Angela Roche, solicitor for the defendant said that her client had a problem with drink and that normally he was a placcid character.

“It is when he mixes alcohol with his passion for sport that he gets himself into situations like this,” she said.

She said that Mr Larkin had become quite agitated with the result of the World Cup match and had worn an “I shot Thierry Henry” t-shirt that he had made up in a local t-shirt shop,” she said.

In evidence, Mr Larkin apologised to Mahers store and said that he “had no axe to grind with them,” but that they had been caught up in what he said was “friendly fire.”

He said that he wanted to make a grand gesture to show that the Irish were not going to take the controversial incident lying down.

“The French loaf is the symbol of France and so by doing what I did, I was standing up for Irish pride,” he said.

Mr Larkin had a previous conviction for setting fire to a tennis club shed in his teens, an incident from which he had earned the nickname Smokie.

In his summary, Judge Fergus O’Halloran said that what Mr Larkin had done was despicable and was also a threat to public hygiene.

“You did this without any thought to the consquences for the unfortunate shoppers who had to buy that bread.

“If it was in my power to recommend that you seek help for your alcohol addiction, I would do so and also suggest that you take some responsibility for your temper and inappropriate behaviour.

“We cannot have louts like yourself with half-baked ideas about national pride carrying out acts like this,” he said, before sentencing Larkin to six months in jail, suspended on condition he does not breach the peace for one year, fining €500 and ordering him to pay €1,000 to Michael Maher for the clean up of the bread shelf areas.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article2825850.ece

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-days-out#sunfootball

£9.50 - £29.50 Family Football Tickets

Token collect, newspaper-based offer

You can get tickets for a family of four (2 adults & 2 kids under 16) to over 100 Coca-Cola Football League matches across England and Wales for £9.50, £19.50 and £29.50, depending on the match. The matches take place from Sat 6 Feb – Sat 17 Apr, with over 200,000 seats available.

Though prices vary, the tickets are worth up to around £80, so this is a decent saving. To get them, collect four differently-numbered tokens from The Sun (20p).

You’ll find one token in the paper each day until Sat 6 Feb, so the last day you can start collecting is Weds 2 Feb.

When you’ve got all four, attach them to the printable form. Then choose your game and call the club to check availability and book (booking instructions and ticket types vary by club).

They’re subject to availability, so it’s worth booking early. Don’t forget to bring the completed form with you to the ticket office when you pay. You’ll need to exchange your tokens and payment for tickets at least 24 hours before the match date.

The deal: £9.50, £19.50 & £29.50 family football tickets. Valid: 2 adults & 2 kids. How: Collect 4 tokens from The Sun (20p) before 6 Feb, print application, call chosen club to check availability & book. Expires: Sat 17 Apr. Excludes: Extra visitors pay full price. Offer from: The Sun. Restrictions: Tickets must be used by family groups & can’t be separated, adults can’t attend without kids. No amendments or refunds. Full terms.

Guest toonlass

Found this article hillarious.  :lol: :lol:

http://newsfromireland.com/2010/01/irishman-urinated-on-french-bread-in-protest-at-henry-handball-court-told/

(ROSCOMMON, IRELAND) A drunken unemployed plasterer who was found urinating on the French loaves section of a large supermarket in protest at the infamous handball incident in the France vs Ireland World Cup qualifier, was this week given a suspended sentence, fined and bound over to keep the peace.

Frances “Smokie”  Larkin, The Meadows, Killareagh, Co Roscommon pleaded guilty to the incident at Maher’s ValueStore supermarket, Killareagh, one week after the match which Ireland controversially drew after the French goal was deemed to have scored despite a blatant handball by French striker Thierry Henry.

Staff found the 46-year-old urinating on the Cuisine de France section of the bread shelves in Maher’s, shouting “this will teach ye, ye cheating French bastards,” before he was taken away by local gardai.

Gardai Anthony Flanagan told the court that he had been called to the store at 11.15 on the morning of November 25.

“When I reached the shop, I was informed that Mr Larkin was causing a disturbance in the bread section and when I got there, he was urinating on the French bread section and stamping on a loaf. I later ascertained that the loaves were brioches, a  sort of French bread.

“When he saw me, he tried to run away but I apprehended him and grabbed him by the arm. He said ‘that’s for Thierry Henry, guard. If you have any pride in your country, you’ll let me go.

“Then he said ‘that’ll teach them, the cheating French bastards.’”

Addressing the court, Angela Roche, solicitor for the defendant said that her client had a problem with drink and that normally he was a placcid character.

“It is when he mixes alcohol with his passion for sport that he gets himself into situations like this,” she said.

She said that Mr Larkin had become quite agitated with the result of the World Cup match and had worn an “I shot Thierry Henry” t-shirt that he had made up in a local t-shirt shop,” she said.

In evidence, Mr Larkin apologised to Mahers store and said that he “had no axe to grind with them,” but that they had been caught up in what he said was “friendly fire.”

He said that he wanted to make a grand gesture to show that the Irish were not going to take the controversial incident lying down.

“The French loaf is the symbol of France and so by doing what I did, I was standing up for Irish pride,” he said.

Mr Larkin had a previous conviction for setting fire to a tennis club shed in his teens, an incident from which he had earned the nickname Smokie.

In his summary, Judge Fergus O’Halloran said that what Mr Larkin had done was despicable and was also a threat to public hygiene.

“You did this without any thought to the consquences for the unfortunate shoppers who had to buy that bread.

“If it was in my power to recommend that you seek help for your alcohol addiction, I would do so and also suggest that you take some responsibility for your temper and inappropriate behaviour.

“We cannot have louts like yourself with half-baked ideas about national pride carrying out acts like this,” he said, before sentencing Larkin to six months in jail, suspended on condition he does not breach the peace for one year, fining €500 and ordering him to pay €1,000 to Michael Maher for the clean up of the bread shelf areas.

Made me  :spit: