Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Notts County to tear up Kasper Schmeichel deal

Notts County have agreed to release goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel on a free transfer at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old Dane was reported to be on £15,000 a week after being signed in the short-lived Munto Finance revolution last summer.

The former Manchester City man, named in the League Two team of the season, had four years left on his deal.

Chairman Ray Trew said: "To hold out for a possible transfer fee was too big a risk for this football club."

He continued: "If we were not able to sell him, the value of his contract over the next four years was such that it could have had severe financial implications on Notts County's future.

"Kasper has agreed to forgo all his future wages, which is a huge concession by such a young man."

Schmeichel made 40 League Two appearances for Notts as they clinched promotion and will leave on 11 May.

He said: "I have had a terrific season at Notts and thoroughly enjoyed every moment and I'll be first in the queue for the end-of-season DVD.

"It is flattering to be linked with other clubs in the press but so far no-one has made a bid for me so I'll just have to wait and see.

"I came here at the start of the season and there were big plans but our focus was on gaining promotion, which we have done.

"With the new owners hopefully the club can continue to move forward. I am sad to be leaving and I'd like to thank all of the players, staff and in particular the fans who have been fantastic all season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8647725.stm

Elsewhere multi millionaires are waiting for the bonuses from Pompey

Notts County have agreed to release goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel on a free transfer at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old Dane was reported to be on £15,000 a week after being signed in the short-lived Munto Finance revolution last summer.

The former Manchester City man, named in the League Two team of the season, had four years left on his deal.

Chairman Ray Trew said: "To hold out for a possible transfer fee was too big a risk for this football club."

He continued: "If we were not able to sell him, the value of his contract over the next four years was such that it could have had severe financial implications on Notts County's future.

"Kasper has agreed to forgo all his future wages, which is a huge concession by such a young man."

Schmeichel made 40 League Two appearances for Notts as they clinched promotion and will leave on 11 May.

He said: "I have had a terrific season at Notts and thoroughly enjoyed every moment and I'll be first in the queue for the end-of-season DVD.

"It is flattering to be linked with other clubs in the press but so far no-one has made a bid for me so I'll just have to wait and see.

"I came here at the start of the season and there were big plans but our focus was on gaining promotion, which we have done.

"With the new owners hopefully the club can continue to move forward. I am sad to be leaving and I'd like to thank all of the players, staff and in particular the fans who have been fantastic all season."

off to man city?

Anyone who was promised a bonus by a contract signed by those leading Pompey should get their money and should figth for it if it is not goven to them. It is their right. Just because Pompey were poorly run does not mean they should forfiet what they were prommised. If I deposit my savings in a bank that (unbeknownst to me) is poorly run and goes bust, should I forfeit my deposits in order to help this bank improve its balance sheets?? Your problem is not my problem.

Grenoble this season in Ligue 1 have 19 points and 4 wins, but have won league matches 5-0 (biggest win in Ligue 1 this season) and 4-0 this season

I thought that was a decent article, Joey said some good things and I hope he's turned his life around and I hope we see the benefit of his improved attitude and lifestyle. Unfortunately I believe the football world will just be sitting back and waiting for him to screw it up. It will take a good few years before anyone accepts that he is a completely changed man.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

unfortunatly i dont think alcohol was the root of joeys problems.

Wouldn't have helped though, since Alcohol can be a crux/excuse for even the most level headed sane people of the world.

Steven Gerrard's missus has been shagging Kris Commons. Stevie G is trying to get a Terry style injunction to stop the press reporting it allegedly.

Oliver Kay from The Times says this in his webchat today:

"No truth in the rumours about his personal life. I do wish the people responsible for the rumours would get a life. Can't rule out a transfer abroad, but I would say that, whatever his frustrations this season, my feeling at the moment (stress "at the moment") is that he'll be a Liverpool player next season. "

For those with ESPN have any of you seen the programme 'football funnies'? 

I'm sure one of the clips where the ball is spinning round like some kind of magic infront of a Spurs player that the Spurs player is actually Chris Hughton.

Can anyone confirm?

Thankinyou.

I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

:laugh:

another reason to hate sam allerdyce (as if we needed another) he supports the 39th game crap :angry:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2951670/Allardyce-Take-the-39th-step.html

Allardyce, however, has extensive knowledge of the worldwide view having worked as a TV pundit for the likes of ESPN, Al Jazeera, Sky, and Fox Sport.

Samuel Allardyce, the foreign relations expert.  :sadnod:

another reason to hate sam allerdyce (as if we needed another) he supports the 39th game crap :angry:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2951670/Allardyce-Take-the-39th-step.html

Allardyce, however, has extensive knowledge of the worldwide view having worked as a TV pundit for the likes of ESPN, Al Jazeera, Sky, and Fox Sport.

Samuel Allardyce, the foreign relations expert.  :sadnod:

very close anagram, give or take a letter of "clueless fuckwit"