Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

:lol: I avoided the NFL, Shola, and derby match threads with purpose man. All three give me the urge to be violent and angry. I am busy enough right now without broken laptops and criminal charges.

I hate this Shola situation. He had the nerve to reject my country nearly a decade ago. He was too good for us I suppose. Now that he is an old, feeble, and irrelevant man he wants to follow his "roots". He wasted my time for eleven years at this club and now he gets to wear the green shirt? To me it is not funny at all. It is an indication of the abject failure and waste that Nigerian football has become. It's only a friendly, but still, there are young, hungry, patriotic players out there.

Guest Thump 1892

:lol: I avoided the NFL, Shola, and derby match threads with purpose man. All three give me the urge to be violent and angry. I am busy enough right now without broken laptops and criminal charges.

I hate this Shola situation. He had the nerve to reject my country nearly a decade ago. He was too good for us I suppose. Now that he is an old, feeble, and irrelevant man he wants to follow his "roots". He wasted my time for eleven years at this club and now he gets to wear the green shirt? To me it is not funny at all. It is an indication of the abject failure and waste that Nigerian football has become. It's only a friendly, but still, there are young, hungry, patriotic players out there.

What you have to remember is that Shola sees himself as English so he was probably waiting on an England call up which I suppose I can understand as he did play for fairly well for England U21s.  That's probably a bad move on his part because the lad could never have made it in the full squad with the strike competition and now he's too old for Capello to really go for him now he has his sights on the youngsters.

I understand your frustration with him, though.  I'm sure I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

Guest Thump 1892

Does anybody know his odds on the "Next Prem Star to Get Arrested"?

Edit:

7/1 Andy Carroll; 7/1 Joey Barton;

8/1 Mario Balotelli;

9/1 Anton Ferdinand; 9/1 John Terry;

10/1 Jack Wilshere; 10/1 Steven Gerrard; 10/1 Wayne Rooney;

12/1 El Hadji Diouf;

14/1 Barry Ferguson; 14/1 Kevin Nolan; 14/1 Rio Ferdinand;

16/1 Ashley Cole; 16/1 Frank Lampard; 16/1 Jermaine Pennant; 16/1 Joe Hart;

20/1 Jermain Defoe; 20/1 Nicolas Anelka;

25/1 Carlos Tevez; 25/1 Craig Gordon;

33/1 Didier Drogba;

40/1 Peter Crouch;

50/1 Gareth Bale

10/1... canny

What you have to remember is that Shola sees himself as English so he was probably waiting on an England call up which I suppose I can understand as he did play for fairly well for England U21s.  That's probably a bad move on his part because the lad could never have made it in the full squad with the strike competition and now he's too old for Capello to really go for him now he has his sights on the youngsters.

I understand your frustration with him, though.  I'm sure I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

At a young age he had Robson going on at him about playing for Nigeria being inconvenient too.

Guest Tall Striker

.co.uk dont know how many days there are in a fortnight

Magpies striker Andy Carroll has lost his battle to be fit to face Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.

The 22-year-old has missed United's last four games - the wins over Wigan and West Ham, the cup loss to Stevenage and the derby draw with Sunderland - with a thigh injury but had an outside chance of figuring against Spurs.

But Alan Pardew has now ruled him out of his plans for the game, with Carroll yet to resume full training.

Following the Spurs match, it is more than a fortnight before The Magpies are back in action with a trip to Fulham on Wednesday, February 2, and it's likely that the 11-goal hitman will be back in action by then.

Anyone post anything about this today?

http://www.bragafut.com/artigos/art18.pdf

A scouting report about Newcastle for Mourinho by his assistant when they were going to play us in '05.

There's some interesting stuff in there.

It was posted in '05 and thought to be a hoax after about 8 pages. The subsequent 8 re-established credibility and then the final 10 pages  put the nail in the coffin.

Guest Heneage

Wesley Ngo Baheng released from Aldershot after his short term deal expired

Think he chose to leave as it's looking a bit uncertain for them.