Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I actually do think this is worthy of a thread but since it probably wont make any difference anyway I'm not sure.  Maybe a mod can move it if it does.

Anyway, Plmouth Argyle are in a bit of a pickle and could go out of business, there's a petition online trying to raise awareness of the issue and get the shareholders to help stop the inevitable.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/42254/sign.html

Baring in mind how gratious they were when we played them in the Championship and played ours songs over the tannoy when we gained promotion despite them going down the same day maybe we could all pop over and give them our support.  Petitions are crap I know but even so. Great little club, we should all help to say thanks for that promotion party.

One man who will not be figuring for Liverpool is record signing and Newcastle old boy Carroll, who is still nursing a niggling knock. The Magpies were reluctant sellers on Monday, but do at least have £35million in the bank ready to spend in the summer. There first fixture without Carroll takes them to Fulham, who have enjoyed something of a revival of late. Mark Hughes has led the Cottagers clear of the drop zone and they will be hoping to end the night in the relative safety of mid-table.
SKY GRAMMAR ERROR  :frantic:

Guest neesy111

Andrei Arshavin has more assists this season than Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart and Luka Modric combined.

Crazy fact that.

It is when most people think he's having a really bad season.

Andrei Arshavin has more assists this season than Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart and Luka Modric combined.

Crazy fact that.

Would never have imagined that. He's still not as good as all 3 of them, mind.

Bloody hell. Bale and Modric only have 1 assist.

Modric seems to contribute more from a deeper position now though, controlling the game from the centre, spreading the ball about and pretty much dictating how Spurs play from what I've seen. He's their best player if you ask me.

This is all comps, yes.

Modric's game is not based on assists like. He is the dictator of play and his dribbling and passing keeps Spurs ticking over. He's had a great season overall.

I'm pulling this stat up more as it's a bizarre anomaly.

Bloody hell. Bale and Modric only have 1 assist.

Modric seems to contribute more from a deeper position now though, controlling the game from the centre, spreading the ball about and pretty much dictating how Spurs play from what I've seen. He's their best player if you ask me.

I totally agree. Just found it surprising.

Nobody can deny that he is having a poor season but Arsene Wenger has said he has been the most productive player at the club, he hasn't looked up to much at all but he is providing assists and has got (i think) 5 goals!

Just checked, and aye seems to add up. Still think he's been underpar but that's a very surprising stat.

Arshavin = 14 assists

Bale = 3

VdV = 6

Modric = 2

Assists are an extremely flawed statistic. Football really is a sport that you have to watch in order to understand a player's impact. Arsenal supporters have been calling for Arshavin to be dropped all season, while VdV and Bale have been adored from all corners of the Earth. Andrey is one of my favourite players, but he's had a subpar, lazy season.

Just checked, and aye seems to add up. Still think he's been underpar but that's a very surprising stat.

Arshavin = 14 assists

Bale = 3

VdV = 6

Modric = 2

Assists are an extremely flawed statistic. Football really is a sport that you have to watch in order to understand a player's impact. Arsenal supporters have been calling for Arshavin to be dropped all season, while VdV and Bale have been adored from all corners of the Earth. Andrey is one of my favourite players, but he's had a subpar, lazy season.

I know man, I've basically already said all that.  :lol: Just saying it was an interesting stat.

Assists are not extremely flawed.  Think someone who has racked up 15 assists deserves some credit tbh.  Not to mention that he also has 8 goals this season.

But you are right in a sense.  In that, you can't just rely on assists or even goals scored.  E.g. I think Modric contributes massively to Tottenham's ball retention, which has a knock on effect on so many other facets of their game.  In summary, don't just ignore stats, but don't put too much emphasis on them.

Maybe the low assist statistics highlight deficiencies in Tottenham's strikers finishing?

Probably the best club manager in South America has quit Estudiantes, Alejandro Sabella. Wonder if any European teams will take a punt on him.

used to be at Leeds and Sheffield United.....speaks good English and as you say one of the top coaches in S.America. Pardew out ;)