Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Steve Bruce is sitting by the phone, waiting for the call from Catalunya.

:lol:

Remember someone posting about his wife picking up the phone and then saying 'not for you Steve' as a tear dropped onto an empty Greggs bag. One for the ace posts thread if I can find it  :laugh:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Seems that now Balugue has had his say in the matter, the British press are allowed to open the floodgates on the story.

I'm hoping Guardiola does a Mike Bassett-esque press conference tomorrow, saying he's staying.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Jumping before he is pushed, or what? Seems mental to want to leave.

Always said he'll leave when he feels he/the players have become stale. Admirable that he's putting the club ahead of his managerial career, but I don't think him leaving now is helping Barca. There's also the point that he wants a year out. Apparently he's been thinking about having time out for the last 6 months and his family have been urging him to do so. Possibly just coincidence that his announcement has fallen at the same time as their 'poor' spell. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking with his heart rather than his head here, unless he has been heavily leaning toward resigning anyway and this has just nudged him over the edge.

Has anyone mentioned Peter Lovenkrands' auction for Alzeimer's Research? Seems like the whole squad have donated something, mostly shirts but Ben Arfa has signed some boots etc., there's some Rangers stuff in there aswell. £5 donation enters you into a prize draw for the majority of the prizes, £30 gets entry into the main draw and the chance to win match tickets for the Man City game and you get to meet the squad in the changing room with Lovenkrands. All for a good cause :thup: http://www.justgiving.com/lovenkrands11

:thup: The Barca/Real wankfest is bad enough here, can't imagine what it must be like for the proper football fans of the other 18 teams in Spain.

I do admit that i quite like Barca, but i can completely understand that it must be really tiresome for those in Spain. To think that their game was delayed in to the early hours of the morning just because Mourinho had a press conference is shocking.

:thup: The Barca/Real wankfest is bad enough here, can't imagine what it must be like for the proper football fans of the other 18 teams in Spain.

At least they don't get twice as much TV money for starters.

Must be horrendous although if you ignore them the league is good and really competitive. It's the hoarding of players by big clubs (the world over) that does my vajazzle in.