Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

The only rivalries in this country that are even on truly on my radar as worth noting are

Rangers Celtic

Newcastle Sunderland

Man United Liverpool

Arsenal v Tottanham

West Ham v Millwall

West Ham v Millwall didnt even sell out when they played each other in the League Cup. In fact , it was a very poor crowd seeing as though they don't play each other often.

The only rivalries in this country that are even on truly on my radar as worth noting are

Rangers Celtic

Newcastle Sunderland

Man United Liverpool

Arsenal v Tottanham

West Ham v Millwall

West Ham v Millwall didnt even sell out when they played each other in the FA Cup.

Fans were probably too scared to turn up in case they were caught in between hooligans fighting.

Guest Brazilianbob

Its only the little oiks and charvas that see derby's between NUFC and the mackems as the be all and end all of the season, which is probaly the same in all derby matches throughout the world.

However, when you have seen 40 years worth of derby matches you tend to get a little blase about such games.

OK it hurts to see the mackems beat us, but judging by the players they are trying to buy I think we had better get used to the idea of being the underdog for a few years to come.

Top 10 Soccer Club Rivalries of All Time

Not actually read it yet like. :lol:

read it before, absolute bollocks it is!  the tyne wear derby has to be right up there and it's one the oldest as well

How exactly?  To be put on that list would be embarrassing compared to the others.

and how would it be embarrassing, sunderland and newcastle are two clubs known throughout the footballing world!

lazio's history is nowhere near that of our club and that of sunderlands

You are now saying that Newcastle vs Sunderland is a bigger worldwide occassion then the Roma derby?

yes, newcastle v sunderland is watched right around the world you know, seem's like you've inherited the Ruud Gullit gene of derby matches!

:lol: staggerring. 

so i'm guessing you find nufc v sunderland a small match then?  i think your view of the world to be quite limited if you think that only the UK watches this match

It is, in relation to those rivalries.  Corinthians is the biggest team in Brazil btw.  Also how about you educate yourself a little with the Lazio and Roma rivalry, that is more then football.  To think that the TyneWear apparently eclipses it - now that is a limited view on the world tbh.

then you don't know the history of the rivalry between the city's of newcastle and sunderland then!

the two cities have always been rivals, they used to be rivals for ship building work which exsisted all the way to the late 1950's!  our's is much more than a football match

I think people are forgetting the Civil War aswell!!! Newcastle on the royalist side, Mackems on Parliament's side

Guest neesy111

Its only the little oiks and charvas that see derby's between NUFC and the mackems as the be all and end all of the season, which is probaly the same in all derby matches throughout the world.

However, when you have seen 40 years worth of derby matches you tend to get a little blase about such games.

OK it hurts to see the mackems beat us, but judging by the players they are trying to buy I think we had better get used to the idea of being the underdog for a few years to come.

:no:

Actually just searched Bullard in posts by everyone on facebook and couple posts about it so seems they're both in Newcastle, read into that what you will.

Ok, this is what some kids craic is on Facebook, just found in posts by everyone:

Dan Telfer: Jimmy bullard a newcastle player by the end of this week! Fact

14 hours ago via Mobile Web

David Morrison: Not a bad signing. Where you heard this? Pure speculation?

14 hours ago

Dan Telfer: No speculation mate, he was in koos tonight and he was sayin its a loan deal for the season!

10 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.telfer/posts/145292908826427

Barcelona - Madrid rivalry runs deep and has gone on for centuries, to be frank. The animosity is there and is huge, it's just that both sets of fans aren't the most lively in the land.

Seville v Betis - I've seen that as lively rivalry between the fans?

Well, there have been some naughty incidents in those games. But Andalusian fans are livelier than Madrid/Barça ones by far. Really, any game between Sevilla and any other Andalusian team (they hare hated throughout the region) is pretty entertaining in the stands.

Barcelona - Madrid rivalry runs deep and has gone on for centuries, to be frank. The animosity is there and is huge, it's just that both sets of fans aren't the most lively in the land.

Well, there have been some naughty incidents in those games. But Andalusian fans are livelier than Madrid/Barça ones by far. Really, any game between Sevilla and any other Andalusian team (they hare hated throughout the region) is pretty entertaining in the stands.

I like your anglo colloquialisms a lot, by the way :lol:

I like your anglo colloquialisms a lot, by the way :lol:

I used to get a shitload of stick for them in the States :lol:

Good to Nacional v Penarol getting in on the act in that article, not that id class it as top 10 like but still.

Flu v Fla is huge in Brasil, Racing v Independiente is the other huge one in Arg although there are a so many 'derbies' in Argentina its untrue with over half the league coming for Bs As, Allianza v La U in Peru.

Just reading on wiki that at the Asuncion derby they split the ground 50/50 - bet thats a class atmosphere!

I'd absolutely love to go to Boca v River like, would have to be at La Bombonera though.

Actually just searched Bullard in posts by everyone on facebook and couple posts about it so seems they're both in Newcastle, read into that what you will.

Ok, this is what some kids craic is on Facebook, just found in posts by everyone:

14 hours ago

Dan Telfer: No speculation mate, he was in koos tonight and he was sayin its a loan deal for the season!

10 hours ago

Only just seen this. It had better be bullshit. :undecided:

14 hours ago

10 hours ago

Only just seen this. It had better be bullshit. :undecided:

Ha, who needs Ben Arfa when you can have Bullard?

Guest neesy111

Chris Turner Resigns as Hartlepool Manager

Very suprised about that tbh

Edit: Beware Hartlepool Mick Wadsworth is in charge, quite simply a shocking football coach/manager

Rangers Celtic

Newcastle Sunderland

Man United Liverpool

Arsenal v Tottanham

West Ham v Millwall

Cardiff Swansea

Hibs Hearts

Sheff Utd Sheff Wed

Chris Turner Resigns as Hartlepool Manager

Very suprised about that tbh

Edit: Beware Hartlepool Mick Wadsworth is in charge, quite simply a shocking football coach/manager

Poyet odds on to replace him. Would be a strange one.