Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest malandro

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/8007674/Top-10-football-club-brands.html

“Brand Finance has published its annual report on European football's most valuable club brands”

NUFC come in at number 23. In 2006 we came in at number 12.  Don’t know how they work the list out, but the link below explains it all in marketing gobbledegook. Translations welcome.

http://www.brandfinance.com/Uploads/pdfs/Most%20Valuable%20European%20Football%20Club%20Brands%202006.pdf

Top 20 most popular sports teams on Facebook:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-most-popular-sports-teams-on-facebook-2081007.html?action=Popup&ino=20

Galatasaray are top. (Fenerbahce (4th) and Besiktas (9th) are also well up there.)

Real Madrid and Barca are 3rd and 4th.

Man U (6th) are the top English team with Liverpool (7th), Chelsea (10th), Arsenal (11th) also in there. We're not.

At 19th is Persib Bandung of Indonesia.

Various US baseball, gridiron and basketball teams mixed among the football teams.

The Chicago Cubs, at number 20, are "liked" by 722,559 people. Our page has 44,471.

Top 20 most popular sports teams on Facebook:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-most-popular-sports-teams-on-facebook-2081007.html?action=Popup&ino=20

Galatasaray are top. (Fenerbahce (4th) and Besiktas (9th) are also well up there.)

Real Madrid and Barca are 3rd and 4th.

Man U (6th) are the top English team with Liverpool (7th), Chelsea (10th), Arsenal (11th) also in there. We're not.

At 19th is Persib Bandung of Indonesia.

Various US baseball, gridiron and basketball teams mixed among the football teams.

The Chicago Cubs, at number 20, are "liked" by 722,559 people. Our page has 44,471.

That'll be the Turkish lot commentating on girls photos. Such a bunch of pervy bastards.

Former NUFC player Craig Moore banged up for drunken shenanigans in Dubai:

Craig Moore arrested in Dubai

Former Australia captain Craig Moore has been arrested in the United Arab Emirates after an alleged drunken clash with police in Dubai.

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said the 34-year-old was in police custody after an alleged drink-driving incident which led to the disagreement with local police.

"The man remains in detention and has legal representation," A DFAT spokesperson said in a statement.

"Consular officials from the Australian Embassy in Abu Dhabi spoke to the man via telephone on 16 September 2010 and he confirmed his welfare."

DFAT staff will visit the man as soon as they can, while officials are assisting his wife in Australia and are in contact with his lawyer, the spokesman said.

Dubai police have confirmed Moore will face court, possibly as early as today.

If convicted, Moore will likely have to serve his sentence in a local jail.

Moore earned 52 Socceroos caps and played in both the 2006 World Cup in Germany as well as lining up in the green and gold earlier this year in South Africa.

Pattern-fitting behaviour. To think he is possibly Australia's most respected captain :(

They're strict as fuck over there with that sort of thing. I don't think you're allowed to drink away from your own hotel.

Any drugs gets you a jail sentence, doesn't matter if you're (semi) famous either, BBC DJ Grooverider got 4 years (pardoned after 8 months) for 2 grams of weed he'd forgotten he had in his pocket, he was only supposed to be there for one day.

Even worse "A British tourist, Keith Brown, spent four years in jail for the possession of 0.002 grams of cannabis" You'd need a microscope, what's anyone gonna do with that?

Avram Grant going to miss the West Ham game for some religious bollocks. Watch them win now.

Tal Ben Haim missing it aswell, great news for Wham.

Probably paid leave too. People involved in professional football live on a different planet to us.

Why not? It's one of the most important days in the Jewish year. It's like a Christian taking off for Easter or Christmas.

Because he's managing a football club which is currently in turmoil. It's not like he's taking a day off training either, he's missing a vital game which any manager worth his salt would do everything in there power to win.

Christmas is differant as it's a bank holiday.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Avram Grant going to miss the West Ham game for some religious bollocks. Watch them win now.

Tal Ben Haim missing it aswell, great news for Wham.

Probably paid leave too. People involved in professional football live on a different planet to us.

Why not? It's one of the most important days in the Jewish year. It's like a Christian taking off for Easter or Christmas.

Because he's managing a football club which is currently in turmoil. It's not like he's taking a day off training either, he's missing a vital game which any manager worth his salt would do everything in there power to win.

Christmas is differant as it's a bank holiday.

:fishing:?

You have plenty muslim footballers observing Ramadan, which certainly can't help their performance. Can't see why a Jewish manager can't observe Yom Kippur. Pretty usual in the USA for Jewish workers to take the day off for example.

doesn't it go that these dudes can pretty much do whatever the fuck they like in case they get angry and start blowing shit up but everyone else is bound by the rules and conventions of secular society?

that's the rule of thumb i've been working to anyway ;)

Reminds me that sucks being atheist, I need a Non-Christmas or something that I can use to skip work.

unite the atheists, i'm in, everyone votes for a holiday and campaign for it - that's our religion, the belief that everyone should have a holiday based on some spurious nonsensical belief

allardyce spouting yet more shite again on sky sports....

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce claims he would deliver titles if he was in charge of Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Allardyce welcomes Mark Hughes' Fulham to Ewood Park this weekend, and the Rovers boss insists neither he nor Hughes were given a fair crack of the whip during their spells at Newcastle United and Manchester City.

And Allardyce has talked up his own capabilities, maintaining he would be successful if he landed a job at one of the top clubs in European football.

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid," said the former Trotters tactician.

"It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."