Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SPL Reform Discussions. By reform they mean, 'like we had it decades ago'.

10 Teams in the SPL

Play offs reintroduced

Winter Break reintroduced

SPL 2 formed for those clubs that keep floating in and out of the SPL

B-Teams (reserves) allowed license to play in the lower leagues

SPL Reform Discussions. By reform they mean, 'like we had it decades ago'.

10 Teams in the SPL

Play offs reintroduced

Winter Break reintroduced

SPL 2 formed for those clubs that keep floating in and out of the SPL

B-Teams (reserves) allowed license to play in the lower leagues

I know this s***s on the other lower league teams, but I'd love to see the reserve teams have a meaningful league to play in. I think this happens in Germany in the lower leagues.  I wonder what rules/regulations there are about what league they can play in, can they get promoted, what players can play in reserves vs first team etc

We do have that in Spain too. Barça and Villarreal have their B teams in the second flight (and Atlético and Real Madrid had theirs too recently). Regulations are that you can call B-registered players to the main squad at will, with a limit of 5 in any given squad. B teams can be promoted up to a division lower than the main squad and they can't play in the cups.

It's been invaluable as a way to give competitive football to our top talents, while keeping them "inhouse" (so, say, Thiago can train with Messi/Xavi/Iniesta during the week and then go play against the likes of Betis or Celta).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9276343.stm

Barcelona have ended their long term stance of refusing commercial shirt sponsorship by signing a record £125m deal with the Qatar Foundation.

The Catalan giants have paid to carry the Unicef logo for the last five years and the children's charity will share shirt space with the new sponsors.

Barcelona have a sizeable debt but now claim to be "the undisputed brand leader in world football".

The deal will be worth £25m a year from next season through until 2016.

In July, an audit revealed Barcelona's debt to be £369.5m after a loss of more than £64.36m in the 2009/10 season.

The new sponsorship arrangement could free up some transfer funds for coach Pep Guardiola - who worked as an ambassador for Qatar's successful bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

The Qatar Foundation is a non-profit organisation concerned primarily with education projects in the Middle East.

It is chaired by Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned, the wife of the Emir, who was central to Qatar's final World Cup bid last week.

Senior club executives said the deal was a "remarkable milestone because it represents a record level of revenue for a football club and has more value still in the current economic climate".

Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid each earn about £20m a year for their rights, while Bayern Munich make closer to £23m.

Marketing experts will seek to find a way for both logos to be displayed on the Barcelona shirts, although if that is not possible the Qatar Foundation will take priority.

Bookmark with:

Delicious Digg reddit Facebook StumbleUpon

What are these?

E-mail this to a friend  Printable version 

I need to find an English link for the ongoing Mourinho/Dani Alves feud. It's like the unstoppable force against the unmovable object, but in cuntishness.

I think if I had more exposure to Dani Alves he'd easily be most hated player ahead of A.Cole. Seen him lose all the games Ive attended when he has played though. Tosser.

So good being single again, i have so much more time reading Newcastle news, of course there's some negatives about it also, well at least i still have my right hand and Ben Arfas goal against Everton.