Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

One of my mates used to be on Kilmarnocks books and he said the treatment he got because he was English was horrendous.  Reckons they made him sit on the bench with an injury and said that if he refused then they would strike him down with vengeance or some shit like that.

People need to be more careful with their headlines. Almost had a f***ing aneurism

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5977289,00.html

Why? Has the whole Notts Couty saga somehow escaped you? ???

On F365 the sidebar solely had the headline. Don't really need anything that says "Magpies" and "Winding up order" in the same sentence, Notts County or no Notts County.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/8534578.stm

16:18 GMT, Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Burnley Football Club's Clarke Carlisle wins Countdown

A Premier League footballer has fulfilled a lifelong ambition - by appearing on Channel Four's television show Countdown.

Clarke Carlisle, who plays for Burnley Football Club, beat fellow contestant and reigning champion Adam Guest by 89 points to 55.

The game show tests participants' spelling and mental arithmetic.

Carlisle, 30, said: "I can't say it's better than winning a big football game - but it's up there."

He added during the show: "It's a lifelong ambition. I'm just delighted to be here."

'Brainiest footballer'

Jeff Stelling, who hosts the Channel 4 show, said: "Your team-mates can't take the mickey out of you too much now."

Carlisle is the first Premier League footballer to appear on the show, although not the first player as Notts County's Neil Mackenzie was on the programme in 2008.

The Burnley player was crowned "Britain's Brainiest Footballer" in an ITV show hosted by former Countdown mathematician Carol Vorderman in January 2002.

He won the title by seeing off a panel of 12 including England's World Cup-winning full-back George Cohen and Newcastle striker Malcolm Macdonald.

His success means he will continue to appear on the show - for a maximum eight games - should he keep winning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/8534578.stm

16:18 GMT, Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Burnley Football Club's Clarke Carlisle wins Countdown

A Premier League footballer has fulfilled a lifelong ambition - by appearing on Channel Four's television show Countdown.

Clarke Carlisle, who plays for Burnley Football Club, beat fellow contestant and reigning champion Adam Guest by 89 points to 55.

The game show tests participants' spelling and mental arithmetic.

Carlisle, 30, said: "I can't say it's better than winning a big football game - but it's up there."

He added during the show: "It's a lifelong ambition. I'm just delighted to be here."

'Brainiest footballer'

Jeff Stelling, who hosts the Channel 4 show, said: "Your team-mates can't take the mickey out of you too much now."

Carlisle is the first Premier League footballer to appear on the show, although not the first player as Notts County's Neil Mackenzie was on the programme in 2008.

The Burnley player was crowned "Britain's Brainiest Footballer" in an ITV show hosted by former Countdown mathematician Carol Vorderman in January 2002.

He won the title by seeing off a panel of 12 including England's World Cup-winning full-back George Cohen and Newcastle striker Malcolm Macdonald.

His success means he will continue to appear on the show - for a maximum eight games - should he keep winning.

I wonder how Andy Carroll would do on that show . " I've got a 3 carol, hahaha thats my name too"

ROI is meant to be on its arese hence Darlo & Hartlepool getting players of decent ability in on the cheap.

Can't imagine anyone has time with it in Ireland. Everyone is too busy supporting Celtic & Man United/Liverpool.

Just seen this on the gossip page for BBC.

"Guinea international Kamil Zayatte wants to quit Hull during the summer and is targeting a move to Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea."

Isn't he really gash??!?!

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

People need to be more careful with their headlines. Almost had a f***ing aneurism

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5977289,00.html

Why? Has the whole Notts Couty saga somehow escaped you? ???

On F365 the sidebar solely had the headline. Don't really need anything that says "Magpies" and "Winding up order" in the same sentence, Notts County or no Notts County.

Considering how much publicity Notts County have had lately regarding winding up orders compared to us who have no chance of it isnt really rocket science tbh