Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I quite like him. Football needs to have some rogues to make it more interesting.

Second half I agree with. First sentance I couldn't disagree with more, he's up there with Keith Curle when it comes to cuntish footballers for me.

Zidane is the one who was saying how he'll never apologize for headbutting the guy. I guess this is his retort.

Yes, he said that he would "rather die than apologize to Materazzi" just a couple days before he published that on his blog.

On SSN that FIFA or someone are meeting and one of the points up for discussion is that 'denying a goalscoring opportunity' might be downgraded to a yellow. Sounds a pretty thick IMO.

On SSN that FIFA or someone are meeting and one of the points up for discussion is that 'denying a goalscoring opportunity' might be downgraded to a yellow. Sounds a pretty thick IMO.

The thought is that the punishment for a DOGSO of Penalty kick, Red Card and Subsequent suspension is too severe, and that if the Penalty is scored then the Goal Scoring Opportunity was not denied. 

Interesting point [PierLuigi] Referee following LOTG punishes foul and misconduct with appropriate DFK/PK and Yellow/Red, but playing league handles suspensions. It's not the referee who determines if player should be suspended, and that could easily be adjusted at the league level without changing LOTG. [/PierLuigi]

My view - don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Perhaps the rash challenge that results in DOGSO PK and Red Card would be better being tempered and they stay on the field to play the rest of the game.

I always thought that football needs some kind of sin bin like hockey for "orange card" situations. Or make it like basketball and allow the sent off player to be subbed for "orange" offences (that would still count against your substitution limit)

I wish Blatter and his cronies would (barring the active/inactive offside rule) just leave the rules of the game be ffs.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article2872402.ece

What a complete Twunt.

You've to ask why out of all games they'd do it against Celtic though.

Why would having this guy at a game provoke a reaction from Celtic fans, like one said in that article?

Former soldier of the British Army - got badly burnt in the Falklands War.

Celtic fans/Republicans (NI)/Irish people aren't much a fan of the British Army.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=4968470

MADRID -- Spanish cyclist Jose Enrique Gutierrez has announced his retirement after his American Rock Racing team failed to get a license to compete.

In a statement, Gutierrez said that "at this stage of the season it is very difficult to find a team" that could offer him the right conditions.

The 35-year-old Gutierrez has competed in six Tour de France races, three Italian Giros and five Spanish Vueltas in a 12-year career.

He finished second in the 2006 Giro de Italia behind Ivan Basso, his best performance in a major race.

I considered making two wind up threads with that.

MADRID -- Spanish cyclist Jose Enrique Gutierrez has announced his retirement after his American Rock Racing team failed to get a license to compete.

In a statement, Gutierrez said that "at this stage of the season it is very difficult to find a team" that could offer him the right conditions.

The 35-year-old Gutierrez has competed in six Tour de France races, three Italian Giros and five Spanish Vueltas in a 12-year career.

He finished second in the 2006 Giro de Italia behind Ivan Basso, his best performance in a major race.

He would make the greatest left sided player of ALL TIME :laugh:

He would make the greatest left sided player of ALL TIME :laugh:

Still wouldn't be able to cross mind.

“I don’t know why John Toshack doesn’t have a mobile phone." :lol:

Toshack seems like a cunt like. Savage, Bellamy all had fallings out with him and them two would improve the team no end.

Reminds me that an England - Argentina this WC with Maradona coaching them would be truly entertaining, any chances of that happening?

Was just wondering, who would most Newcastle fans support? England, or an Argentina side if Coloccini & Jonas were in the side?

Reminds me that an England - Argentina this WC with Maradona coaching them would be truly entertaining, any chances of that happening?

Was just wondering, who would most Newcastle fans support? England, or an Argentina side if Coloccini & Jonas were in the side?

Errr, England...

:lol: One would hope England. As a member of the Commonwealth (and someone who hates Argentina), I'd back England as well.

:lol: