Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

0858: FOOTBALL - BBC Sport's John Sinnott reports that Wales could be a bottom seed for the World Cup qualifying draw after being overtaken in the rankings by the Faroe Islands.

:lol: :lol:

Edit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14143711.stm

Wales could face a nightmare World Cup qualifying draw because the Faroe Islands seem to have overtaken them.

The 30 July draw in Rio de Janeiro will be based on Fifa's rankings system, calculated by a complex formula.

Wales are tied with the Faroes on 273 points - with one of those teams set to join the likes of Andorra in pot six.

And the Faroe Islands are lobbying Fifa to include decimal points in their calculations - something which would see them leapfrog Wales into pot five.

The Faroes' coach, the former Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr, told BBC Sport: "Decimal points will have to be taken into consideration. Our general secretary has had a verbal confirmation with someone in Fifa that our calculations were correct.

"They [Fifa] were surprised that any country could work [the ranking points] out so accurately - they hadn't come across that in the past."

Current Fifa rankings do not recognise the small decimal difference between countries, keeping Wales in pot five and the Faroes in the sixth pot of seeds.

Being relegated to pot six - along with Andorra and San Marino - would make Wales's task of qualifying for Brazil 2014 even more difficult.

Fifa will publish its new ranking list on 27 July, three days before the World Cup draw. Given that neither Wales nor the Faroe Islands played in July their position should not change.

"The teams are tied in 114th place and have been placed in the list on Fifa.com in alphabetical order," said Fifa in a statement. "This is simply the standard way of listing the teams which are tied.

"We are not in a position to speculate on the potential difference of decimal points.

"What we can confirm is that the change has been done on Fifa.com due to teams that are tied being listed in alphabetical order. Other teams were also tied and not listed in alphabetical order, something which has now been corrected.

"The draw procedure, as well as the pot allocations, will only be announced on 27 July."

The whole affair has led Kerr to call for greater "transparency" from Fifa in the way rankings are calculated.

Continue reading the main story

We know with other aspects of Fifa's dealings it's not always transparent.

Brian Kerr Faroe Islands coach

"We don't know if it was an error or if Fifa ignored the differential and were hoping that neither country would take too much notice before the final draw," said Kerr.

"We know with other aspects of Fifa's dealings [that] it's not always transparent. I'm surprised that even after they changed the list last week that they didn't make any comment.

"They have to have a protocol to decide which teams are ahead of each other where the margins are so small and the consequences are serious for both countries.

"If Wales end up in the bottom pot they are quite capable of winning games.

"But for the Faroe Islands (to be promoted to pot five) it would mean we might be able to play against a side of a similar population and that would give us a chance of winning a game both home and away which hasn't been the case in the past."

The fact that the Faroe Islands should be 0.7 points better off than Wales in the rankings was initially spotted by a 30-year-old Romanian computer programmer, Eduard Ranghiuc, who runs a football ranking website.

0858: FOOTBALL - BBC Sport's John Sinnott reports that Wales could be a bottom seed for the World Cup qualifying draw after being overtaken in the rankings by the Faroe Islands.

:lol: :lol:

Edit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14143711.stm

Wales could face a nightmare World Cup qualifying draw because the Faroe Islands seem to have overtaken them.

The 30 July draw in Rio de Janeiro will be based on Fifa's rankings system, calculated by a complex formula.

Wales are tied with the Faroes on 273 points - with one of those teams set to join the likes of Andorra in pot six.

And the Faroe Islands are lobbying Fifa to include decimal points in their calculations - something which would see them leapfrog Wales into pot five.

The Faroes' coach, the former Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr, told BBC Sport: "Decimal points will have to be taken into consideration. Our general secretary has had a verbal confirmation with someone in Fifa that our calculations were correct.

"They [Fifa] were surprised that any country could work [the ranking points] out so accurately - they hadn't come across that in the past."

Current Fifa rankings do not recognise the small decimal difference between countries, keeping Wales in pot five and the Faroes in the sixth pot of seeds.

Being relegated to pot six - along with Andorra and San Marino - would make Wales's task of qualifying for Brazil 2014 even more difficult.

Fifa will publish its new ranking list on 27 July, three days before the World Cup draw. Given that neither Wales nor the Faroe Islands played in July their position should not change.

"The teams are tied in 114th place and have been placed in the list on Fifa.com in alphabetical order," said Fifa in a statement. "This is simply the standard way of listing the teams which are tied.

"We are not in a position to speculate on the potential difference of decimal points.

"What we can confirm is that the change has been done on Fifa.com due to teams that are tied being listed in alphabetical order. Other teams were also tied and not listed in alphabetical order, something which has now been corrected.

"The draw procedure, as well as the pot allocations, will only be announced on 27 July."

The whole affair has led Kerr to call for greater "transparency" from Fifa in the way rankings are calculated.

Continue reading the main story

We know with other aspects of Fifa's dealings it's not always transparent.

Brian Kerr Faroe Islands coach

"We don't know if it was an error or if Fifa ignored the differential and were hoping that neither country would take too much notice before the final draw," said Kerr.

"We know with other aspects of Fifa's dealings [that] it's not always transparent. I'm surprised that even after they changed the list last week that they didn't make any comment.

"They have to have a protocol to decide which teams are ahead of each other where the margins are so small and the consequences are serious for both countries.

"If Wales end up in the bottom pot they are quite capable of winning games.

"But for the Faroe Islands (to be promoted to pot five) it would mean we might be able to play against a side of a similar population and that would give us a chance of winning a game both home and away which hasn't been the case in the past."

The fact that the Faroe Islands should be 0.7 points better off than Wales in the rankings was initially spotted by a 30-year-old Romanian computer programmer, Eduard Ranghiuc, who runs a football ranking website.

:iamatwat:

Pierre Webó, possibly one of the worst finishers I have seen starting for a La Liga team, has gone on strike because he wants an improved contract.

and missed? The shit ones are the best.

Pierre Webó, possibly one of the worst finishers I have seen starting for a La Liga team, has gone on strike because he wants an improved contract.

Bit of a wanky thing to do to a club in Mallorca's position.

Bit of a wanky thing to do to a club in Mallorca's position.

Proper cuntish

Guest Stephen927

Premier League changes rules on 'weakened' teams

The Premier League has changed their rules on so-called 'weakened' teams.

Top-flight clubs will now be allowed to pick any player in their 25-man matchday squad without fear of sanction from the Premier League.

Last season Blackpool were fined £25,000 after manager Ian Holloway made 10 changes for a match at Aston Villa.

And in December 2009 Wolves were handed a suspended fine after boss Mick McCarthy rotated his squad for their game at Manchester United.

The 20 Premier League clubs agreed at their AGM in early June that any combination of players named in their registered 25-man squads will be able to start a match.

The head of communications at the Premier League Dan Johnson confirmed that all the clubs were in favour of the rule change.

The rule has not been totally withdrawn, and clubs will still be at risk of a fine if they select a number of younger players from outside their 25-man squad.

Last November, Blackpool drew 2-2 at home to Everton, before Holloway then made 10 changes to his starting line up for a match at Aston Villa four days later.

Blackpool lost the match at Villa Park 3-2, with Holloway giving six players their first start in the Premier League.

Holloway defended his selection, saying at the time: "I've got every right to do what I like. Who are they to tell me my players are not good enough?"

He added that the players brought in had cost the club a lot of money, some of whom were internationals.

After the Premier League studied Holloway's selection Blackpool were fined £25,000 in January for distorting the integrity of the competition, a fine they later appealed.

The Seasiders were relegated in May after an eventful debut season in the Premier League and a spokesman for the club welcomed the change to the rule.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy made 10 changes to his team when playing against Manchester United at Old Trafford in December 2009. Wolves lost 3-0, but went on to beat Burnley in their next match, when nine players were recalled.

Wolves were handed a £25,000 suspended fine, a punishment that McCarthy accepted as a "deterrent" at a time when the 25-man squad rule was not in operation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14166038.stm

About time. Was a farce what happened last season.

Yo, I spit a Geordie slur. Honky, sue me.

This shit is a Horor flick

but the Big Fat Mike doesn’t die in this movie.

Fucking with Mike dawg you gotta be kiddin.

That makes me believe you really don’t have a interest in livin.

You think these Muppets gonna feel the shit I say?

Nile Rangers's got a better chance joinin the K.K.K.

Know some real shit tho? I like Keegan,

That’s why I didn’t wanna be the one he commits suicide to.

Fuck Shearer ... call me your leader

I feel bad I gotta murder that  Sheet Metal Workers Son From Gosforth

I used to like the number 9, but now you got me in fight back mode.

But oh well if you gotta go ... then you gotta go.

I hate to do this. I would love for this shit to last.

So I’ll take pictures of my rear end so you won’t forget my ass.

And all is well that ends ok.

So I’ll this shit with a ... fuck you but have a nice day!

Premier League changes rules on 'weakened' teams

The Premier League has changed their rules on so-called 'weakened' teams.

Top-flight clubs will now be allowed to pick any player in their 25-man matchday squad without fear of sanction from the Premier League.

Last season Blackpool were fined £25,000 after manager Ian Holloway made 10 changes for a match at Aston Villa.

And in December 2009 Wolves were handed a suspended fine after boss Mick McCarthy rotated his squad for their game at Manchester United.

The 20 Premier League clubs agreed at their AGM in early June that any combination of players named in their registered 25-man squads will be able to start a match.

The head of communications at the Premier League Dan Johnson confirmed that all the clubs were in favour of the rule change.

The rule has not been totally withdrawn, and clubs will still be at risk of a fine if they select a number of younger players from outside their 25-man squad.

Last November, Blackpool drew 2-2 at home to Everton, before Holloway then made 10 changes to his starting line up for a match at Aston Villa four days later.

Blackpool lost the match at Villa Park 3-2, with Holloway giving six players their first start in the Premier League.

Holloway defended his selection, saying at the time: "I've got every right to do what I like. Who are they to tell me my players are not good enough?"

He added that the players brought in had cost the club a lot of money, some of whom were internationals.

After the Premier League studied Holloway's selection Blackpool were fined £25,000 in January for distorting the integrity of the competition, a fine they later appealed.

The Seasiders were relegated in May after an eventful debut season in the Premier League and a spokesman for the club welcomed the change to the rule.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy made 10 changes to his team when playing against Manchester United at Old Trafford in December 2009. Wolves lost 3-0, but went on to beat Burnley in their next match, when nine players were recalled.

Wolves were handed a £25,000 suspended fine, a punishment that McCarthy accepted as a "deterrent" at a time when the 25-man squad rule was not in operation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14166038.stm

About time. Was a farce what happened last season.

Aye!